Calling All 8/19/06 Special Western Cruisers! AKA "The Cruisin' Castaways" Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Andy:hug:

So sorry to hear that you are feeling so poorly, my mum had shingles and I know how awful they are, rest up my friend and take care:hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

Well, I did try and go to work today but only lasted one hour. I was just feeling to weak to walk around. I read about 10 water meters and that was it. I came back home and slept for several hours. I also discovered a few more blisters on my chest when I woke up a little bit ago.

Well, I did try and go to work today but only lasted one hour. I was just feeling to weak to walk around. I read about 10 water meters and that was it. I came back home and slept for several hours. I also discovered a few more blisters on my chest when I woke up a little bit ago.

You beat me to this.....I was going to warn you not to rush back to work. Give your body a chance to fight this off before putting more stress on it.

Wow - more blisters....:eek: ..that's awful. Not the way you want to be spending your summer. (if there is a silver lining, at least you're not cruising anytime soon).

Thanks to everyone for the well wishes.....I'll admit I've having some dark thoughts about taping up the foot really well and sneaking into the ocean. Then yesterday I was sitting down to lunch with a plate in my hand and my toe banged into the foot of the chair at the table. Wow, that hurt, I nearly dropped the plate. And the toe still hurts today.

But I can go fishing and we need new poles, reels, line, etc so I went to the sporting goods store and bought us some new equipment.

Watch out fish....

You beat me to this.....I was going to warn you not to rush back to work. Give your body a chance to fight this off before putting more stress on it.

Wow - more blisters....:eek: ..that's awful. Not the way you want to be spending your summer. (if there is a silver lining, at least you're not cruising anytime soon).

Thanks to everyone for the well wishes.....I'll admit I've having some dark thoughts about taping up the foot really well and sneaking into the ocean. Then yesterday I was sitting down to lunch with a plate in my hand and my toe banged into the foot of the chair at the table. Wow, that hurt, I nearly dropped the plate. And the toe still hurts today.

Kay, I'm so sorry to hear you banged your toe, I can feel your pain. I hope you start feeling better real soon........:wizard: :hug:

The only reason I forced myself to go back to work today is, my doc said I could return back to work when I saw him on Monday. Hazel saw the same doc this afternoon, told him how I couldn't make it to work on Tuesday and only lasted one hour today, so the doc wrote me a note for being out of work on Monday and Tuesday. Hazel also told the doc my itching hasn't gotten any better, so he is increasing the dosage of one of the meds I am taking. It just so happens, that med is the one that makes me groggy.

My brother Chuck stopped by today, he told me he had Shingles in the same place that I have my outbreak, must be something in the family I guess.......:laughing:

On a brighter note, I was checking my Disney countdown clock on our desktop computer this afternoon. I have made it to triple digits. In 999 days I will be eligable to retire with my full pension and lifetime health benefits, see I'm still looking on the bright side of things.......:laughing:

The only reason I forced myself to go back to work today is, my doc said I could return back to work when I saw him on Monday. Hazel saw the same doc this afternoon, told him how I couldn't make it to work on Tuesday and only lasted one hour today, so the doc wrote me a note for being out of work on Monday and Tuesday. Hazel also told the doc my itching hasn't gotten any better, so he is increasing the dosage of one of the meds I am taking. It just so happens, that med is the one that makes me groggy.

On a brighter note, I was checking my Disney countdown clock on our desktop computer this afternoon. I have made it to triple digits. In 999 days I will be eligable to retire with my full pension and lifetime health benefits, see I'm still looking on the bright side of things.......:laughing:

Wow - glad Hazel went back to the Doc for you. Still, that is surprising the doc said you'd be feeling better so quickly. Like the doctor who said my fractured toe would heal in just 2-3 weeks only to have the podiatrist say its 6-8 weeks.

999 days to retirement.....love that!!!!

I saw the news that everyone taking the Panama Canal repo is being charged $100 more per person. Ouch :scared: Consider that your donation to the building the new locks fund.

And now DCL is saying those of us taking back-to-back cruises have to physically get off the ship between cruises. Talk about silly.

Wow - glad Hazel went back to the Doc for you. Still, that is surprising the doc said you'd be feeling better so quickly. Like the doctor who said my fractured toe would heal in just 2-3 weeks only to have the podiatrist say its 6-8 weeks.

Hazel had to see the doc today because she has Restless Leg Syndrome, it sure is a pain growing older, so while she was there she got to tell the doc how I was doing. Hazel speaks her mind with the doc, more than I do, I'm so lucky to have Hazel on my side!!!

999 days to retirement.....love that!!!!

Me too!!!

I saw the news that everyone taking the Panama Canal repo is being charged $100 more per person. Ouch :scared: Consider that your donation to the building the new locks fund.

Yea, those who were not already paid-in-full were charged the extra 100.00

And now DCL is saying those of us taking back-to-back cruises have to physically get off the ship between cruises. Talk about silly.

What's up with that? When did that start?

:confused3 :confused3 :confused3

Andy - I was going to say glad you were doing better but then I read on. Sorry you are not progessing as well as you thought.

999 days - I am so jealous!

Hope things get better soon!

Linda

Andy - I was going to say glad you were doing better but then I read on. Sorry you are not progessing as well as you thought.

999 days - I am so jealous!

Hope things get better soon!

Linda

Thanks Linda, just taking it one day at a time here. What really bothers me the most is the burning sensation, once that goes away, I will be feeling much better. But, from what I have been reading, this can last a long time......:guilty:

Thanks Linda, just taking it one day at a time here. What really bothers me the most is the burning sensation, once that goes away, I will be feeling much better. But, from what I have been reading, this can last a long time......:guilty:

Burning sensation?????:scared: Is that where the blisters are? Sounds like the pixie dust we're sending malfunctioned. :sad2: You poor thing.

On the main page of the DISboards is the announcement about the new procedure for back-to-back cruises. DCL is saying we have to be off the ship at 9:00am then head to the terminal to get new KTTW cards then get on the ship at 10:30am. What a pain.

Burning sensation?????:scared: Is that where the blisters are? Sounds like the pixie dust we're sending malfunctioned. :sad2: You poor thing.

On the main page of the DISboards is the announcement about the new procedure for back-to-back cruises. DCL is saying we have to be off the ship at 9:00am then head to the terminal to get new KTTW cards then get on the ship at 10:30am. What a pain.

That's what is so disturbing, most of the rash is on my back and side, but the burning and just a few blisters are on my chest, strange, huh??? :confused3

I just now took an ice pack off my chest to try and cool down my skin.

I'll have to check out the new back-to-back procedure, I did read that some of those doing the back-to-back on the repo to Spain had to get off and recheck in, I didn't know they were doing it at Port Canaveral.

Well Andy, my dd is joining you in your itching, rash covered self. She has fifth's disease and has got a pretty good rash on her face, back & arms. Her face is the worst. It is making her eye itch really bad too. Good thing is that it is not expected to last too long.

Linda

Well Andy, my dd is joining you in your itching, rash covered self. She has fifth's disease and has got a pretty good rash on her face, back & arms. Her face is the worst. It is making her eye itch really bad too. Good thing is that it is not expected to last too long.

Linda

Oh Linda,

I'm so sorry to hear about your DD, I sure do hope she feels better soon and stops itching. I don't feel so bad now, at least my rash was confined where it can be covered up. Give your DD my best!!!

Hello Everyone!! I'm just back from the Norwegian Dawn!

I have to say that we LOVED sailing from NY. We were on the ship within 2 hrs. of leaving the house and were home yesterday morning by 10:30 am. The thing we didn't like was travelling with a bunch of NY/NJ/CT ers. Now before you get the wrong idea, remember my Brooklyn accent. I am a dyed-in-the-wool New Yorker/transplanted New Jerseyite, but I now realize that one of the reasons I love DCL and the DIS is because I get to meet different kinds of people. On the Dawn we were all one kind of person and that's kind of boring. The ship was great, the itinerary okay, the food great too. The best thing about the Dawn though was the Cruise Director Matt. We was quite the character and really funny too. He made the week truly enjoyable for all! The worst thing about the Dawn was the Private Island. It was downright pathetic compared to our beloved Castaway Cay!!!

All and all, we will be sticking with DCL for the foreseeable future even with the day's drive it requires!!

Andy & Kay & Linda's DD, sorry to hear you're under the weather. Get well soon! I came home from the Dawn with a mystery-itchy rash, as did Taryn. I believe we were eaten alive by sand fleas on the Private Island, but if they don't clear in a few days we are going to the Dr. The rash itches like the devil too Andy, so I can sympathize pal!

Well it's so great to see everyone checking in! I hope we can all cruise together again soon!

Mary Rose

Hey MR, nice to see you back again!!! :thumbsup2

Sorry to hear about the rash, just the thought of fleas gives me the willies............long story short..........in 1980 while reading water meters I walked into a nest of fleas, I had hundreds of bites on me, had to go to the hospital and everything as my throat started closing up.............I see a flea now and I freak...........:eek:

Take care of yourself kiddo and Taryn too...........;)

Well good morning to all my Magic friends.

Andy, sorry to hear about your itches. I hope you are feeling well again soon.
I saw the photos of Angelina, and they are stunning. What a beautiful young lady you have.

Mary Rose, glad you enjoyed your Dawn cruise, but glad to hear you will be with DCL again.

The joy child graduated with honors in May, and was living with a friend in a house till about 3 weeks ago. He is back home, OY, and what a difference. But glad to have him just the same.

We are car shopping and yesterday I drove some Chrysler Sebrings, wow what a ride!!! I hope that is the car of choice, because it is sure my choice.

As summer wears on I remember the hustle of getting ready for the sailing last year and am experiencing some terrible withdrawal. Hopefully again soon.

Take care all and I think of you all often.:grouphug: :grouphug:

Mary Rose they are sand fleas! Great Stirrup Cay is loaded with them! Definitely does NOT compare to Castaway Cay! I love freestyle dining though & my kids just love the Blue Lagoon for a late night snack. What did you think of freestyle?

Hello Everyone!! I'm just back from the Norwegian Dawn!

I have to say that we LOVED sailing from NY. We were on the ship within 2 hrs. of leaving the house and were home yesterday morning by 10:30 am. The thing we didn't like was travelling with a bunch of NY/NJ/CT ers. Now before you get the wrong idea, remember my Brooklyn accent. I am a dyed-in-the-wool New Yorker/transplanted New Jerseyite, but I now realize that one of the reasons I love DCL and the DIS is because I get to meet different kinds of people. On the Dawn we were all one kind of person and that's kind of boring. The ship was great, the itinerary okay, the food great too. The best thing about the Dawn though was the Cruise Director Matt. We was quite the character and really funny too. He made the week truly enjoyable for all! The worst thing about the Dawn was the Private Island. It was downright pathetic compared to our beloved Castaway Cay!!!

All and all, we will be sticking with DCL for the foreseeable future even with the day's drive it requires!!

Andy & Kay & Linda's DD, sorry to hear you're under the weather. Get well soon! I came home from the Dawn with a mystery-itchy rash, as did Taryn. I believe we were eaten alive by sand fleas on the Private Island, but if they don't clear in a few days we are going to the Dr. The rash itches like the devil too Andy, so I can sympathize pal!

Well it's so great to see everyone checking in! I hope we can all cruise together again soon!

Mary Rose

Thanks for the review - what islands did you visit? Would you sail with them again if the Magic were away?

Wow, is it almost a year ago that we all cruised together. I can still remember all the precruise excitment.

Spent last week down the shore in Avalon. Had a wonderful time. The ocean was warm but a lot of seaweed. The brown kind. Didn't see any dolphins this year but saw plenty of skates, which is a type of stingray.

One day on the walk to the beach we passed some contractors working on a house with the radio playing and heard the song "Celebration" that DCL plays at the sailaway party. Talk about bringing me back to our cruise.

In about two weeks we'll be on the Wonder. Just a three night so its a "cruise-ette". I'll try to talk to the CMs and get an update on things and what's going on with everyone.

My first pic taken with my new cell phone is in the link below, I finally figured out how to get the pic out of my phone and into my photobucket account..............only took me over an hour to do that..................:lmao:

If Angelina had been home, it probably would have went a lot faster..........:rotfl2:

http://www.disboards.com/showpost.php?p=20362636&postcount=71572

Kay if you haven't left yet, have a MAGICal and WONDERful time at WDW and on your cruise!!!

My first pic taken with my new cell phone is in the link below, I finally figured out how to get the pic out of my phone and into my photobucket account..............only took me over an hour to do that..................:lmao:

If Angelina had been home, it probably would have went a lot faster..........:rotfl2:

http://www.disboards.com/showpost.php?p=20362636&postcount=71572

Kay if you haven't left yet, have a MAGICal and WONDERful time at WDW and on your cruise!!!

Great photo!!!!!!(and wearing a Fort Wilderness shirt).

I'm impressed you figured out how to send photos from your phone on your own as I had to have the sales guy walk me through step by step when I bought my phone.

Yes, we leave tomorrow. Have a noon flight and the car is picking us up at 9:30am which is a whole lot better than last year when we left the house at 4:00am!!!!

Thanks for the well wishes. While I miss not doing a 7-day, its sure nice not having to pack so many clothes and no formal wear. But that pirate gear takes up a lot of space.

DH upgraded his seat on the flight down to first class while me and the kids are still in coach. Gotta love the marital loyalty.

It is just so, so sad to see hurricane Dean making a beeline right for Cozumel. This might have been us a year ago. We probably would have done an eastern itinerary.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter