Calling Halloween Cruisers!

Status
Not open for further replies.
SUE ELLEN: Do you live in Norfolk. My DS and BIL live in Cheasapeake. We will be going up there for Thanksgiving this year. I'm sure we will freeze!! We are also going to be in Virginia next year at the beginning of October. When will the ship be there?

Dena:earsgirl:

We are about an hour and a half away from Norfolk. Yes, it will probably be cold at Thanksgiving. Email me before you come and maybe we can get together.

As for the Magic being there. It will be there the last week of September and the first week of October. The 11th of October is the first sailing after two weeks of Drydock. I can't wait to see everyone again!

Sue Ellen

SUE ELLEN
Sounds good. I will e-mail you before we leave. I think we will be driving up on Tuesday just before Thanksgiving and staying until sunday. Maybe we could meet one day for lunch.

Dena:earsgirl:

Hey Everyone! Sorry I haven't kept up with things! It was great meeting you all in person! I'd love to keep talking!

We're doing the American Civil War (big snore) We also have to read the Red Badge of Courage (even bigger snore). Oh and that bug thing, even though Jan helped me a lot, I'm still missing so many and it's due on friday. So I fai lScience this semester. I won't be the only one! I really don't like our teacher. Well we also have to do a Civil War Newspaper, and an Edgar Allan Poe playbill for The Raven. God I want to go back to seventh grade. At least math is pretty easy. (Great I just jinxed myself)

So Harry Potter comes out in NINE days. YIPPEE! And Lord of the Rings comes out a little later. I cannot wait! I saw pics from the London premiere and Sean was wearing a kilt. (Lets not go into that)

Emma - I just realized that you never got ot hear my Avril Lavigne CD and I never got to hear your Choir CD. Oops!:confused:

Okay so I got to go. We have school in the morning, but luckily it lets out at 12. YIPPEE! talk to you all later!

Rory!!!!!! You're here! I thought you'd vanished. Jan never got to hear my cd either so Im sending her a copy, I can do the same for you if you want. How is Jessica? The two towers is out in 43 days-yay!

I got given my history work that I missed whilst I was away last week to copy up today. One problem-she didnt give me my book!

Ooo its cold, about 48 degrees F. Im really starting to feel christmassy!

Yeah Two towers! Only 8 days til Harry Potter! YIPPEE! The Bug projects are due tomorrow. I have 10 orders and 23 families! Jess is fine I think. She went back to new york last sunday and I haven't gotten a chance to speak to her since. My best friend is over, but shes sleeping on th ecouch, so here I am writing to you! Our waitstaff (Sanjeev and Elena) was incredible. We also didnt realize it, but we sat right near fellow disboarders. We sat by Disneyguy! WE didn't figure it out unti Halloween!

I remember you telling me (it wasn't something I could exactly forget!) Oh god, do you remember when we went to that Halloween party at Studio Sea?! Haha, that was funny.

Im off to see Oh What a Night this evening with my friend. I don't have a clue what it's about or anything but hey, I will do by the end of tonight!

Hope the bug thing was OK, Im nearly caught up on all the work I missed, I have to do a maths exam though-bah!

We got home at midnight Saturday-Sunday November 9-10.
You all have added 4 pages to this thread since I was last on it. I skimmed some, but will have to find time to read it all.

We had a wonderful time on the cruise. So nice to meet some of you in person. Sorry we missed others of you. Didn't we have great weather?!

Everyone is eager to see my photos and I am getting compliments on my tan--makes me think they must have thought I looked anemic last month.

I have photos from the Trick or Treating but do not remember which kid was in which costume. Can you help?
I have a Snow White, Sully--Dena's kiddo?, Buzz Lightyear--wasn't that Mason? and Belle--was that Loren? two pirates--one with a patch and one with a HAT, Cinderella (?), Jasmine--I think--with a little kiddo, Batman, etc. Any names anyone can provide would be appreciated. And if anyone wants me to e-mail the photos, I would be happy to send them as attachments, just send me a regular e-mail and your e-mail address.

I can recognize Jessica, Rory, Emma and her brothers.

I do not think Shirley was able to get the picture of our sail away after all. She was away and I do not think her substitute was able to get it. If it does come, I will let everyone know.

After the cruise we spent 5 nights at Fort Wilderness. We had some contacts with some super CMs but you don't get to KNOW them the way you do on the cruise. We spent half a day at each park and the rest of the time did some errand running, LAUNDRY and resting.

We drove to the north of Florida on Thursday November 7. On the 8th we drove through the areas that got tornados on the 9th. The morning of the 9th we took a two hour hike through Mammoth Cave in Kentucky and then drove the rest of the way home.

The laundry is all done, there are two things to iron. The suitcases and snorkeling geer are put away. Except for the piles of papers and tickets stacked on the diningroom table awaiting a scrapbooking day and a couple gifts that have not been given yet, you would not know we had been away--except for our tans and the pictures we want to show off.

Looking forward to hearing more from the rest of you,
Jan :earsgirl:

Welcome back to reality, Jan.

My son Joshua was a pirate. I *think* he was wearing a hat. I know he had a patch, but I'm not sure if he was wearing it or not. Big help, huh? He has blond hair and braces on his teeth if that helps any.

I haven't got my pictures yet. I get them developed through the mail. I hope they come soon!

I have two underwater cameras with LOTS of film still ready to be taken. :( I don't know why we started with two different underwater cameras at the same time. I'm torn between just wasting the film to get them developed or saving it. Any suggestions?

Interesting how a dose of unreality helps us cope with the real world.

Did Joshua have a hook and red coat with gold trim? If so, he wore the patch and a bandanna I think. It is hard to tell because Jessica is behind him in a black dress and the head covering on this kiddo is black or dark blue.

My vote is to use the film in the underwater cameras taking pictures of Joshua and his friends being cute and doing normal things. Even pictures of his room--messy or neat. Perhaps some of Cheryl--does she live with you? Her room, herself, etc. Develop them so you can enjoy all thepictures--water and land. Then get them in albums or scrapbooks. If you wait until you swim again you will forget where you took these pictures, who took which ones and what album or scrapbook they should go in.

Have a super day,

Yeah dont do what I did from lasy years cruise. We had an underwater camera and had used most but not all of the film. Well instead of using it right away we decided to finish during the spring in the pool/beach etc. (we cruised last Oct). Well finally this past August we went to the beach and brought the camera only to LOSE IT at some point in moving our stuff from one spot to another on the beach. My kids were sooo disapointed and I felt so stupid. We searched hi and lo to no avail. Oh well we'll have to go back on the Eastern next year and do it over again!!!! :D

Welcome home Jan, I think that's everybody back to reality now!

Apparently, my Grandad might be on his local news tonight. The firemen are going on strike (all over the country) and so his village have a little safety plan. The news got to hear about it and he's the only 1 who will do an interview!

I should think that Rory, Jessica and I have our mouths open on your photo-I distinctly remember talking the whole way through them being taken!

All our photos were on a digital camera (bar the horse riding ones) so we got to see them just after they were taken. I took one on Castaway Cay of my mum and dad infront of the ship. The funnels look like Mickey ears on my mum's head! Ill have to get that one up for you to see!

Welcome home! Tara was Jasmine with a little stripping Mickey Mouse brother Trevor. Sorry we didn't get more time together. We have been home for a week and a half and I'm still bummed about it. Can't wait to go back next year!

Sue Ellen

Welcome home Jan.

Yes, my daughter Ashley was the one in the sully costume. Boy do I miss that boat!! I wound up getting sick my second day back to work.:( We were supposed to go out to MGM studios this weekend (soap opera weekend) but I was not up for it. Thank goodness we had a four day weekend so I could recoup. But I was sure bummed that I didn't go.:( Oh well, we are going out on the 23rd for my BIL birthday. I think we are spending the night at the PO.

And now our countdown continues for our 3 day wonder cruise in January. I think its about 70 days now. Our final payment is due on the 24th.

FYI: There is another thread for people cruising next halloween on the magic. I told them to come and visit our thread.

That's all of my news for now.

Dena

Originally posted by mdvasquez
FYI: There is another thread for people cruising next halloween on the magic. I told them to come and visit our thread.

Where? Not that I wanna desert you guys or anything (dont get rid of me that easily) but I might go and make an impression on the poor unsuspecting lot!

RE: my unfinished underwater camersas
Oh, that's a good idea about getting them devolped so you don't lose the cameras. That would stink! I might just give them to my son & tell him to go crazy with them.

I did get all my other pictures back in the mail yesterday and I put them all in the DCL photo album that I purchased on the ship. :) Should I also tell you that there was a roll of film from our January 2002 trip to WDW? LOL

Jan, yes Joshua did have the red coat & he was wearing the bandana & eye patch (poor memory! I looked at the pictures now that I have them. LOL) Yes, Cheryl does live with us.

There were so many pictures that I WISH I had taken now that we are back, but at the moment I couldn't be bothered. :( We'll just have to go again! LOL I know we both want to!!

We got our pictures yesterday. Eleven rolls!! Of course two of them are from our New England trip last August. But the rest are of the Magical Cruise. Also got a new camera out of the cruise. Seems my camera that I have been using forever decided to quit on day three of the cruise. So I had to use disposable ones for the rest of the trip. Okay but not my usual style. Anyway I now have a brand new one that I will have to take the next time we go.
Jan-- I did get some very nice shots of you and Tom. The girls were impressed that they came out so well. Jen has decided that if we go again. LOL she wants to go too!!!! Of course she wants her own stateroom says Phil and I snore. We both told her that ear plugs are a lot less expensive. I will send you the pictures as soon as I get organized. In other words some time in this millenium.
Off to the laundry! Ours is finally all done but the ironing. Now I have to start cleaning for Thanksgiving.
Estelle

I actually ironed one of the two things that needed it--my tan skirt that I wore on the ship. It is a denim style with twill fabric and the hem rolls up in the back so I used starch. That is a way out experience for me.

Scrapbook items are spread out on the diningroom table and livingroom furniture by days. I hope to start making pages this afternoon.

Estelle, we got 5 pictures of you two on our camera and have scanned the Embarkation day photo of the two of us with Minnie. I wanted to send them as attachments but Tom says they are so big they would jamb your server, so he plans to download them to a CD and mail that. He hopes to get to it this weekend. His current client FAXed some needed papers today so he is BUSY.

SUZANNE: We found that it was fun giving the boys a camera to use--they took pictures of things we would not have taken. They take pictures from a different altitude and are interested in different things.

SUE ELLEN: I had not noticed the "stripping-runaway-Mickey" when we were getting ready for T or T but there he is in my photos!!

KAREN: Too bad we did not get together since I was Snow White and Tom was the prince--but it is 30 years later (we don't pass for 20 year olds) so we are King and Queen. If we had had some dwarfs with us, we might have beaten the Toy Story 2 family. A Cute little dwarf just might compete with a baby in a penguin suit!! :)

PATTY: Thanks for the link to the pictures of the veranda changes.

If anyone wishes she had taken a photo(s) of specific things why not ask here on the thread. Maybe someone else has it and can send it over. :Pinkbounc

I cannot tell you how often I wish I could put "bounces" in my regular e-mail.

Have a super day all,

A few days ago I got my postcard I sent myself from Castaway Cay. Did anyone notice the postmark date was October 1 when it should have been November 1?

I'm working on my photo album and have some of the kids identified in their costumes but have some I'm not sure who they are. Snow White with red bow in hair, Batman, boy with blue outfit with yellow trim and mask, another Snow White, Tinkerbell, old woman, man in suit and hat. Not sure which one is Jessica & Rory. One is in all black, the other is in black with blue cape & hat. Not sure which is which. Okay Emma, what were your brothers dressed up to be?

Quote from ennazus:
"There were so many pictures that I WISH I had taken now that we are back, but at the moment I couldn't be bothered. We'll just have to go again! LOL I know we both want to!!"

I'm glad I'm not the only one that felt that way. As I'm looking at my photos I'm thinking why did I take so many photos of that and not of other things. Patty

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter