• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Campground Movie

Kim & James

Earning My Ears
Has anyone been to this? What is it all about, where is it?
Anywhere near the Trail End Buffet?
What time, day etc
How much?
Such alot of questions-such alot of plannin'!!!
Kim

I think you are talking about the campfire programme which is held every night at the Meadow Trading Post at Fort Wilderness - 7.00pm in Winter, 8.00pm in Summer. The Disney movies are just part of the program and are shown on outdoor screens, there is also a singalong, cartoons and toasting marshmallows on campfires!

We are staying at the Contemp. and the campground movies sound like a fun thing to do on a night off from the parks, I believe that we can take a boat to the campground from the CR, is this correct? Also, would it be a far walk after the boat ride to where the campfire/movies are shown? Do you need to make any kind of a ressie to attend this and can you attend if you are not staying at the campground? Thanks, I know this is alot of questions, but just found out about this and thought my grandchildren, 8 and 4 YO would enjoy this, We are going in Oct.:cool:

Hi Karen - sorry to be late answering your question!
You don't need a reservation for this and it is available to all WDW Resort guests.
The Trading Post is not far from the marina - I'm not sure whether you can get a boat directly from the Contemporary - hopefully someone else will answer that, but you can definitely get a boat from outside the Magic Kingdom.

Yes you can get a boat from the Contemp to FW. It is about half a mile from the dock to the Meadows trading post where the Campfire/Chip and Dale singalong/Movie takes place, there are buses you can catch to get there, no ressies are required, but i would check for the boat times as you may not be able to get back to the Contemp by boat after the movie, you may need to get a bus.:cool:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter