Can anyone tell me about the Adventurer's Club @ PI?

aring75

DIS Veteran
My husband and I will be at WDW 9/7 - 9/12 and this trip will be less about the parks, and more about the things we haven't done before.

I saw info about the AC on Deb Wills' site, but I would like some feedback from anyone who has been there. Is it very entertaining? Is it mostly a bar/lounge atmosphere? Does it get terribly crowded? Any tips or "don't miss" suggestions?

Would our time be better spent at a different club? We were also considering the Comedy Club @ PI and Jellyrolls on the BW. Would either of these be preferable? Who knows, we might just do all three...

Any first-hand info would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks so much!!

Well first I want to say that both the Comedy Warehouse and Adventurer's Club are in PI, so you can definitely do both on the same night. Having said that, the Adventurer's Club is my favorite favorite favorite nightime spot. I have a AP to Pleasure Island and nine times out of ten, the AC is the only place I go. It's definitely not a "night club" atmosphere. It is HIGHLY entertaining. There are cast members who play the parts of different members of the club: the president, the treasurer, adventuer of the year, etc. They put on scheduled shows throughout the night in the library of the AC. There are also short shows put on in the treasure room and mask room throughout the night. But the characters also roam the AC, especially the lounge area, and they will interact with guests while in character. It's always a hoot. I love to just get a drink and sit in the lounge and relax. There are all kinds of neat items hanging in the club that the adventurer's have brought back from their adventures (My favorite, the flying carpet...complete with seatbelts!). I would highly recommend checking out the AC!

If you go to the Adventureres Club, do not miss the shows in the library. My wife and I went to the AC many years ago and didn't "get" what was going on. It wasn't until DIScon 2001 that I finally appreciated the show at the AC. When DW Sue and I returned this past June, we had a blast. It's a great way to spend the evening.

Kungaloosh!!!

I've been and I have to say, I wasn't impressed. I enjoyed the "preshow" in the gathering area (near a bar), but I felt like a prisoner in the main show room - wanted to leave, but that would have been rude.

Just another opinion.

This is a multiple must do for us. We love the atmosphere and the interplay. Try to see the shows in all the rooms!!! Kungaloosh!!!

We've been going to the Adventurer's Club for quite a few years. It is just a fun time that really takes off all around you. It seems very innocent and before you know it, things are happening everywhere. They induct new members into the club each evening and it is just simply a good time. You'll need to learn the club pledge and understand what a Kungaloosh is before you leave. Here is a link to a few pictures that might give you an idea of what awaits you. Enjoy!

http://www.***********.com/id229.htm

Watching "The Sound of Music" will never be the same once you learn the beer song!
Where in a comedy club, the players are on the stage, the Adventurers Club IS the stage and you get to be a part of the fun.

I love the Adventurer's Club!! The highlight of my evening there is watching Hathaway Brown sliding down that ladder in the library!!!

Mmmmmm Buns ;-)

Carol

Originally posted by GenePA
We've been going to the Adventurer's Club for quite a few years. It is just a fun time that really takes off all around you. It seems very innocent and before you know it, things are happening everywhere. They induct new members into the club each evening and it is just simply a good time. You'll need to learn the club pledge and understand what a Kungaloosh is before you leave. Here is a link to a few pictures that might give you an idea of what awaits you. Enjoy!

http://www.***********.com/id229.htm

:smooth: Wow! Fantastic pictures! Thanks for sharing. :smooth:

The AC anc CW have been my Disney nights for years...
Nothing like seeing the eyes of an adults first time there
most look like a child at MK...

The pictures on Suite Disney's site are always fantastic!

Thanks so much for all of the information. It defintely sounds like an intereting place. I think we'll just have to make time to try everything this trip. If we can stay up late enough for a couple of nights...

BTW...Kungaloosh is a drink, right? What's in it? Is it named for something else at the club?

Kungaloosh is also the AC all purpose greeting!

Remember! Allways dress for the hunt!!

Carol

The Adventurer's Club is a Hoot (in my opinion). However my sister just doesn't get it. She thought it was stupid. It is definitly worth seeing at least once. I make a point to go every trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter