Can anyone tell me....

Flyerfan

Hockey lovin' OLTL addict with a deep desire for D
how DVC works? I've been seeing it a lot on this board. Is it really expensive and do you have to take several trips per year for it to be worth it? I've never really looked into any kind of timeshare so I'm pretty clueless.

Thanks. :wave:

You might be better off over on the DVC boards, but I'll try to answer your question here. In '03, we bought 150 pts at BWV...DVC. You buy these points and then use them however you wish for your vacation. Different times of the year have different points required to stay...as well as different size villas. You can have a studio, one-bedroom, two-bedroom or a grand villa. Depending on what type villa you need, and the time of year you go it will cost varying amounts of points. More points are needed on Fri/Sat nights also. So, you buy these points for a set amount...might be in the $93 per point range now, maybe higher. You can finance throught Disney. You will pay maint. fees/dues each year (or monthly..your choice).
Now, is it cheaper? Probably not. We normally took a trip to WDW every 18 months, and stayed at a moderate. Dh decided he enjoyed going to WDW more than he had thought he would so suggested buying into DVC. We have gone about 5 times since then and haven't always stayed in our DVC home resort of BWV. Since I get the AP now, I tend to make a short last minute trip if I get decent airfare. But, if you plan on going to WDW at least every other year, and tend to stay in the deluxe resorts..it might be a thought.

go check out the dvc boards here in the DIS
there a planning board
one for question about dvc and one to trade and or rent points
if is full of great info on dvc

As other's have already mentioned, check out the DVC boards here on the Dis...read the FAQ's and ask away with any and all questions as there is so much info on this subject.

For a general tidbit though, DVC is usually well worth it if you visit WDW every year to every other year and stay in the deluxe resorts. If you visit often but almost always stay in the value resorts or moderates it may not be as worth it...but do hop over to the DVC board and start gathering info. as only you can really decide if the price is worth it or not. For us, it was worth it and then some ;)

We love DVC!! We would usually go every other year and stay at the moderates, then we bought DVC. We are a family of five(DH, me, DS13, DS10 and DD5) and the regular rooms were getting too small. With DVC you have plenty of separate rooms, washer/dryer in the room(or available free), kitchen area or wet bar, etc. We have figured out what we would have paid for the accomodations that we have stayed at with our DVC and it has paid for itself in 4 years! And, we still have it available! We love the large villas and all of the activities at the DVC resorts. We have stayed at Hilton Head Island and Mackinac Island, MI using points as well.

Can't say enough good things about DVC. It's Great!!

We purchased enough points to stay at a one bedroom at BWV for one week.We didnt want to pay the maintenance fees on any more points then that.We also rent a vacation home every year off the property for several weeks(to get our fill).The most important factor for us was the accomadations had a kitchen due to sons food allergies.The fact that the average room price at bwv is about 450 a nite meant that it was a great bargain to own then to rent a room every year.We look at it that it costs us 650 a year for the week instead of about 3000. if we had to rent.(a great deal)Maybe some day when we hit the lotto we could get enough for a month..lol..because I found there's no place like staying on the property at WDW.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter