Can Canadian use US Costco?

The rental agencies through Costco.com used to require codes but now you have to enter your American Costo number. It's a completely different system. The last time I booked through them using the codes was last May. I used to get the best rates through them.

I wonder if it's possible to buy an American membership. It would be totally worth it for Hawaii at Xmas. Something I should look into.

Good to know - that is why I suggested calling, but it sounds like you already have that info. That's too bad...I emailed them and called them, as it really is disappointing.

I don't think you can buy an American membership as you have to have a US address, I think?

Is there a US application form anywhere online that you can check?

Tiger

You cannot order on line Costco.com with can. Costco card, you are asked for billing address which can only be US address. Yes, you can shop with Can. Costco card at any shop in US. If you have purchased @US Costco shops and not happy with merchandise return it at Costco in Canada. I purchased a digital clock in Florida and returned it at a local Can. Costco.

You can order to a U.S. mailbox like mailboxes inc. from Costco.com. If you live near the border like me its a quick hop over the border to pickup your package.
Its also cheaper to pay the duty yourself at the border rather than paying UPS which charges huge fees for customs brokering.
I find that half the time I come up with my shopping they do not even bother to collect anything.

Look for their ready made pulled pork and also their Texas Caviar (kind of a corn salad) ... we found them in Arizona and our kids count the days until our return there just for thsoe two items!

The rental agencies through Costco.com used to require codes but now you have to enter your American Costo number. It's a completely different system. The last time I booked through them using the codes was last May. I used to get the best rates through them.

I wonder if it's possible to buy an American membership. It would be totally worth it for Hawaii at Xmas. Something I should look into.

So as a Canadian costco member, I couldn't use the costco car rental codes listed on Mousesavers or Carrentalsavers? I was planning on using ID code 7015309 for our upcoming trip.

Just an FYI, Costco membership is "worldwide", I have used my Canadian Costco membership successfully in London, England and the US numerous times...

The best part is you can even return the stuff you buy from another country to your local costco...

So as a Canadian costco member, I couldn't use the costco car rental codes listed on Mousesavers or Carrentalsavers? I was planning on using ID code 7015309 for our upcoming trip.

You may well be able to use that code. I was specifically speaking of trying to rent a car from the American Costco site.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter