Can I do this???

cdrn1

<font color=royalblue>what I wouldn't give to have
We are going to MVMCP on 12/5 and are trying ot figure out where we want to eat prior. Since I have never seen WL and have heard how lovely it is, I am wondering if we could drive over, eat there, and then ride the boat over to MK for the party? We are staying at AKL and will have paid for valet parking for the day. Will this work, and if so is it "bad form" to leave our car in valet while we attend?

You will probably have a difficult time driving over there and parking, as lots of people have that same idea and it gets to a point where there is no parking left for the resort guests. Your best bet would be to take the bus from AKL to MK, and then catch the boat to and from WL for dinner. Then you can bus back to your hotel at the end of the evening. While it is possible you won't have any trouble parking, I've heard many very frustrated people complaining about being told parking is only for 3 hours - much less than you would want to eat and visit MVMCP.

Usually when you drive to a resort to dine, you are given a 3 hour parking pass. This is for the reason ahutton mentioned...if everyone left their cars at the resorts near the parks there would be no parking for the guests of those resorts.
You could however, drive the WL to eat, then take your car to the TTC to leave it there while you go to the party.

Thanks for the info. I wasn't sure what the time limit was. I tried for a reservation at LTT prior to the party but the CM told me I would need to use a park ticket (not the MVMCP ticket) for entry to eat. I have read here that his information was incorrect so I guess I will see if there are any PS's left.

You will not have a problem if you valet park.

FWIW, we have not ever had a problem parking at the WL - it's the monorail resorts that have the big problem with non-hotel guests parking in their lots to go to the park. Even at the monrail resorts, you are unlikely to have a problem if you valet park. I've not read of anyone getting a timed pass when they valet park, especially in early December.

Best wishes -

We did this 2 years ago, but we didn't park there. We parted at the Contemporary, took the boat to WL, ate there and took the boat to the MK for MVMCP.

The plan sounded good, but didn't go well.

The WL was packed and we ended up being seated late, then the service was slow. We arrived to the MK late for MVMCP and found the park rather packed.

For the evening of MVMCP I would recommend eating an early dinner somewhere inside the MK. You can get your wristbands quite a bit earlier than the start of the party. This way you can take advantage of the lower crowds.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter