Can I have reservations at multiple resorts at the same time?

jg789

Earning My Ears
So, planning a trip and due to crazy FL resident pricing available some days of trip but not all days of trip (and trying to get express passes for everyone in room). Doing the math, it works out to make a reservation for 4 nights at Dockside - but, also to make a reservation on night 1 at RPH and on night 3 at HRH. This get us express coverage for 3 full days which is what we want.

Is this acceptable to Universal? What I don't want is to say, go check into RPH on night 1 (after actually checking into Dockside) and them to say, nope, can't do that.

Nope, perfectly acceptable. If you read through some of the threads in this forum, you will see that it isn't uncommon for folks to reserve a "throw-away" room at one of the Deluxe hotels to get a couple of days of EPs during their trips (while they also have rooms at one of the non-Deluxe hotels.)

So, planning a trip and due to crazy FL resident pricing available some days of trip but not all days of trip (and trying to get express passes for everyone in room). Doing the math, it works out to make a reservation for 4 nights at Dockside - but, also to make a reservation on night 1 at RPH and on night 3 at HRH. This get us express coverage for 3 full days which is what we want.

Is this acceptable to Universal? What I don't want is to say, go check into RPH on night 1 (after actually checking into Dockside) and them to say, nope, can't do that.
Not sure how deep the FL discounts are as I'm not a resident, but you might want to compare them to the APH rates for your dates. APH rates are usually 40-45%, so in many cases, 4 nights deluxe would be close in price to 4 value+2 deluxe. Being able to stay in the deluxe is much nicer than the value resorts, with nicer rooms, walking/boat access. Plus you wouldn't have to go through multiple checkins...

We did something similar on our last trip. We had booked 3 nights with an AP rate at Aventura and a few days before our trip, a good AP rate at Portofino popped up for the first night we were there.

I called and tried to get the first night moved to Portofino, but they would have had to cancel the full Aventura stay, then rebook the two nights - and the AP rate wasn't available.

Price wise, it was still a great deal to have 2 rooms booked for our first night since we were able to get 2 days of EP out of it.

We drove down, checked into Aventura, then drove over to Portofino and checked in there. We stayed the first night in Portofino because, why not. The next morning, we checked out, left our bags at Portofino and headed to the parks for Early Entry. When we were ready for a break, we went back to Portofino, grabbed our stuff, and headed over to Aventura.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter