Can multiple contract owners double book?

Pluto777

DIS Veteran
In other words, could I book 2 different resorts for the SAME days with the SAME people under different contracts, and if so could I later cancel one 'set' of them? (thinking of a scenario where you book up home resort, then at 7 months book somewhere else with an overlap of a few minutes so that you could then cancel your home resort reservation without risking getting 'shut out'?

Not sure what you mean by "contracts", but with 2 membership #s you can. I usually only book with one name if I intend to make a change at 7 months. I then straighten out the people in the room after I decide to keep the reservation.

Laura

Not sure what you mean by "contracts", but with 2 membership #s you can. I usually only book with one name if I intend to make a change at 7 months. I then straighten out the people in the room after I decide to keep the reservation.

Laura
Thanks Laura. Actually I have never cancelled or modified a ressie before - only made them so I am a bit nervous. I dont want to try and change at 7 months and cancel my home reservations only to find that I lose out on both reservations..

The system doesn't look for other reservations for the same people so you can book two online for the same dates. If a CM notices the two reservations, they might want to change them.

:earsboy: Bill

It sounds like yes, but I'd be careful about how you're using your points for each membership. So, be thinking about the status of the points you are "putting back" from the 1st membership and how you plan to use them for future trips.

Have you read the thread on how to use the 2 browser method for cancelling / re-booking at 7 months? I haven't done it either, but I remember seeing it here somewhere...

You can book as many rooms as you have points. Memberships and contracts are irrelevant. I’ve heard stories of MS telling people that they can’t hold two reservations for the same people for the same night, but that’s not a problem online.

Yup...I have 2 reservations right now that are almost identical. One is for Mon-Thu in a standard studio at Jambo House, which I booked at 11 months. When I found out that the pool was going to be closed, I wanted to switch to Kidani. It wasn't available so I wait listed those 4 nights. Three of them became available so I booked them, but I am not going to move unless ALL of them become available. So now, I have a reservation for BOTH Mon-Thu at Jambo AND Mon-Wed at Kidani with just a Thursday night wait list at Kidani. If that wait list fills, I will cancel the Jambo reservation. If not, I will cancel the nights at Kidani. I feel bad about holding both of the reservations, but I am not in violation of any rules and I am willing to do what I have to in order to avoid spending my vacation overlooking a construction zone at Jambo House.

Ok. Now I am concerned. I made a reservation at my home resort for Jan 19-21 for my family. I want to switch to another resort at 7 months so I can add my mom - in other words, I want to move from a 4 person studio to a 5 person. I have enough points without borrowing to cover both reservations. I planned If I am able to snag a 5 person studio, I should not put our family's names on the new reservation until I cancel the home resort reservation? Am I understanding this correctly? Just making sure because I haven't done a double booking before.

Ok. Now I am concerned. I made a reservation at my home resort for Jan 19-21 for my family. I want to switch to another resort at 7 months so I can add my mom - in other words, I want to move from a 4 person studio to a 5 person. I have enough points without borrowing to cover both reservations. I planned If I am able to snag a 5 person studio, I should not put our family's names on the new reservation until I cancel the home resort reservation? Am I understanding this correctly? Just making sure because I haven't done a double booking before.

Not sure what I’m this thread has caused this nervousness, but if you’re doing a fast 7 months booking you aren’t going to necessarily want to enter in everyone’s info anyway. Enter one person, make the reservation, then email them the rest of the names later on.

Or if you do want to enter it all in and you’re nervous, just enter in a different name first than you did for the other booking.

Not sure what I’m this thread has caused this nervousness, but if you’re doing a fast 7 months booking you aren’t going to necessarily want to enter in everyone’s info anyway. Enter one person, make the reservation, then email them the rest of the names later on.

Or if you do want to enter it all in and you’re nervous, just enter in a different name first than you did for the other booking.
Sometimes, I think that reading the forums makes me paranoid I did something wrong with my reservation. ;)
Thanks, I think I will do it this way and just make the second name under my mom, if I can grab it. I will add us later.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter