• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Can we talk about CRAFT BEERS in WDW

Best place for a cool Local or Craft Beer?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I really like craft beers and will find some good ones at all the parks.

As other posters stated DS has the new BaseLine Tap house. I really enjoyed my beer and pretzel!

We always hit the brewery Big River Grille and Brewing, so good.

My favorites are the "local" beers at AK adn the different countries in WS at EPCOT.

Yeah, I’m fearing this problem when I go next year. Perhaps you can take and extra suitcase and bring some of your yummy Trillium, Treehouse and Bissel.
Calling Sam Adams craft beer isn’t going to cut it for me.
With southwest, I get 2 free bags, I’ll probably just get some bubble wrap and fly some good stuff down with me. Alchemist, Lawson’s, trill, TH, Aslin and Tired Hands.

At the Food & Wine Festival last year, they had a craft beer exhibit in the Odyssey building.

One brew that really stood out to me and my group was the JDub’s Passion Wheat from Sarasota, Florida.

I don’t see it listed at the Flower and Garden Festival, but just putting it out there that if you enjoy a tasty wheat beer, this is one to try. We loved it. :drinking1

The kiosk near American Adventure Pavilion in Epcot has DECENT beer offerings.

Cigar City is big in Disney. I'm a huge fan.

Unfortunately, a lot of places serve mainstream beer disguised as craft beers. I was excited to try a beer in Yak and Yeti until I researched it online. It was a Bud Light disguised with a different name.

The kiosk near American Adventure Pavilion in Epcot has DECENT beer offerings.

Cigar City is big in Disney. I'm a huge fan.

Unfortunately, a lot of places serve mainstream beer disguised as craft beers. I was excited to try a beer in Yak and Yeti until I researched it online. It was a Bud Light disguised with a different name.
There are tons of "zombie" breweries that have been bought by InBev. They buy the name and then the quality quickly goes down hill. Keep researching.

I think at this point in brewing history, everyone lives within a short distance from great craft breweries. During one of the many festivals at Epcot, you will usually find the biggest variety. Baseline tap house in Hollywood studios was decent.

Here is a list
http://beersandears.net/wdw-beer-list/
That page hasn't been updated since late-2015. I would imagine that quite a bit has changed in the last 2.5 years.

Yeah, I’m fearing this problem when I go next year. Perhaps you can take and extra suitcase and bring some of your yummy Trillium, Treehouse and Bissel.
Calling Sam Adams craft beer isn’t going to cut it for me.
With southwest, I get 2 free bags, I’ll probably just get some bubble wrap and fly some good stuff down with me. Alchemist, Lawson’s, trill, TH, Aslin and Tired Hands.
Thanks for the tip. Just looked it up and I had absolutely no idea you can pack beer in checked luggage. We’re flying to the world on SW in a few months and I’m definitely going to do this.

Thanks for the tip. Just looked it up and I had absolutely no idea you can pack beer in checked luggage. We’re flying to the world on SW in a few months and I’m definitely going to do this.
Just be careful, it's heavy! We've mailed it down too, since I get free UPS shipping at work

I voted Disney Springs.

I thought Homecomin’ had a decent selection. I was also impressed with selection at Stargazers Bar that is outside Planet Hollywood.

Epcot was a very close second because of the F&W. Also at Epcot, Block & Hans will have unique beers all year.

As many others have stated there is not near the supply of craft beers as there were a couple of years ago as the big breweries have really streamlined the selection. There are still some good options around the park. I really enjoy getting different beers around World Showcase. Italy is one of my favorites and I always hit the Rose & Crown for a half and half (not really "craft"). The best place though is the ESPN club on the boardwalk. They have a beer menu with a ton of local options. I'm not really one to over indulge on my beers, but there were so many good options when I wend there to kick off the college football season a couple of years ago that I may have had more than I would on a normal day. It's vacation right. :-)

LOL my husband almost always brings home beer in his luggage. He loves Cigar City so we'll go to Tampa to visit the brewery and he buys a few six packs to take to Disney for the week. Whatever he has left over, he packs up in the suitcase. It's annoying, because we can't get Cigar City beer in Connecticut so when we're anywhere in the South, he hordes it. :rotfl:

Big River beer has been pedestrian since its inception. Every time we visit (DVC Boardwalk members), we hope that it will be replaced with a better brew pub - when they first opened, brew pubs were a novelty. Now there are far too many options all over with great beer and solid food options. Big River fails at both IMO.

Have you been in the past couple of years? The food is still pretty bad. But the entire Gordon Biersch chain (which owns Big River) used to put very strict standards for which beers each local brewer can make. But a couple of years ago (seeing the explosion in craft brew), they have limited that to a couple of chain-regular beers and let the brewers experiment with the recipes of other beers they want to make. I actually think the current brewer at Big River does an excellent job on his local brews.

Huge beer enthusiast here, I would plan my 18 hour drive to WDW with stops at different breweries. So far, there is only a handful of beers in Disney World I like. Tank #7 by Boulevard Brewing is the better one you can get in WDW. Jai Alai is another go to beer there. I don't expect Disney to carry what I consider "good" beer. I am spoiled with Trillium, TH, OtherHalf, the Answer or the Veil. Meanwhile, I will bring my own to enjoy in my resort :/

LOL my husband almost always brings home beer in his luggage. He loves Cigar City so we'll go to Tampa to visit the brewery and he buys a few six packs to take to Disney for the week. Whatever he has left over, he packs up in the suitcase. It's annoying, because we can't get Cigar City beer in Connecticut so when we're anywhere in the South, he hordes it. :rotfl:

They just started distributing to Illinois a couple of months ago. I was afraid the Jai Alai would be a bastardized version of what you can get in Florida, but it is surprisingly just as good. I see that they also distribute to New York, so your husband could probably get some without too much effort.

I know as far as grocery delivery Cigar City Jai Alai is about the best beer you can order. I got a case. In the parks and surrounding areas I found nothing that spectacular, especially compared to Trillium, Treehouse, Bissel Brothers. I am curious about other peoples opinions.
I would not say Jai Alai is the best beer as I do not like IPA's much, but love Cigar City. The Maduro Brown and White Cracker Ale are both fantastic. White Cracker (Saison style)is great to drink during hot summer months. Madura Brown is available at Epcot and great with the chocolates from Germany.

Disney is not a beer snob mecca but if you're not too picky you should be able to find one or two acceptable beers at most bars. I go shopping off property to stock up the room fridge.

The Edison has Cantillon readily available, and at a good price.

Have you been in the past couple of years? The food is still pretty bad. But the entire Gordon Biersch chain (which owns Big River) used to put very strict standards for which beers each local brewer can make. But a couple of years ago (seeing the explosion in craft brew), they have limited that to a couple of chain-regular beers and let the brewers experiment with the recipes of other beers they want to make. I actually think the current brewer at Big River does an excellent job on his local brews.

I was there in December of '17 and aside from their core beers (which are pedestrian as hell), their seasonals didn't wow me, either....but then again, I'm not a big fan of GB. If a local independent can't get access, I'd love to see the craft arm of InBev make a run at the location. As much as I can't stand InBev, I think with their disty they could have a great tap/bottle list and improve the food menu.....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter