Can you choose your own table at BOG lunch?

obisbondgirl

Mouseketeer
I have some sensory issues (I have cerebral palsy) and sudden loud noises are difficult for me to handle. I heard that if you sit in the West Wing there is the sound of thunder at random which I think will bother me. Do you choose your own table at lunch or are you taken there by your server? Should I request not to sit in the West Wing in advance? And if so, what's the best way to make that request?

Ok thanks that's good to hear.

I heard the restaurant is loud in general but I don't get bothered by constant sounds like people talking as much as sudden ones. Looks like I'll try for the music room, or at least avoid West Wing.

Lunch is seat yourself.
I have never sat in the west wing room.
I would not want to as it would be too dim for my liking.
If for some reason that was the only room that there were open tables I bet they would accommodate you by having you wait for a table to open up in one of the other two rooms.
I have never had the experience of not being able to find an open table in one of the other rooms and I've eaten lunch at BOG 8 and soon to be 9 times.

There was a crowd when we went and even though we had a reservation we had to wait. We were happy to just sit where they told us too. Never even thought to explore the other rooms afterwards. :)

I have some sensory issues (I have cerebral palsy) and sudden loud noises are difficult for me to handle. I heard that if you sit in the West Wing there is the sound of thunder at random which I think will bother me. Do you choose your own table at lunch or are you taken there by your server? Should I request not to sit in the West Wing in advance? And if so, what's the best way to make that request?

We've always chosen our place to sit at lunch. We love the West Wing because it is small and more intimate than the other two. You won't have to worry about having to sit there as it's usually hard to find a table. We get an early lunch before it gets too crowded.

We wanted to sit in the West Wing, but after showing up and seeing how small/cramped it was we opted for the Music room. It was much quieter and comfortable for us to get away from the crowds.

The last 2 times I’ve been there for lunch (Jan 2014 and May 2017), a CM sat us and we did not get to choose our own seats. I asked for West Wing both times...it was full the first time, but they were able to find space there the 2nd time.

The last 2 times I’ve been there for lunch (Jan 2014 and May 2017), a CM sat us and we did not get to choose our own seats. I asked for West Wing both times...it was full the first time, but they were able to find space there the 2nd time.
They sat you for lunch? I've never heard/seen that done there before. Weird

We were there on Saturday and it was choose your own seats. We first sat in the room with the rose, but our daughter was scared by the constant thunder and flashes of lightning so we moved out to the middle room. It was crowded but the tables were being cleared quickly.

They sat you for lunch? I've never heard/seen that done there before. Weird

Yes, as I mentioned, we were seated the last 2 times we were there. I was surprised the first time and very surprised the second time. (We had been there one time previously and sat ourselves.) It’s like I was there the only 2 days they’ve ever done that, over 3 years apart. But it definitely happened.

I generally prefer the Music Box room for lunch, but it was not open yet when I went on the 7th. I had one of the first lunch ADR times. By the time I left, it was open :)

Yes, as I mentioned, we were seated the last 2 times we were there. I was surprised the first time and very surprised the second time. (We had been there one time previously and sat ourselves.) It’s like I was there the only 2 days they’ve ever done that, over 3 years apart. But it definitely happened.
Huh, that's so weird. You must have really bad luck lol. Did it seem busy when you were there?

Huh, that's so weird. You must have really bad luck lol. Did it seem busy when you were there?

I actually didn’t consider it bad luck. It was nice not to have to wander around, and they accommodated my room request when they could.

That restaurant is booked solid every day, independent of crowd level. I don’t think the business varies much day to day.

They sat us for lunch, too. I wanted the West Wing, as it was quiet (-thunder), dark, and cool (I have problems with lots of constant noise).

The CM tried to tell me I couldn’t sit there as there was no room, but I asked if we could check and politely said I didn’t mind waiting. The CM let me walk over and basically as we got there two families got up to leave, so we stayed.

Can someone do a quick summary of the rooms? Hoping for a lunch reservation during a very busy time, and would definitely like quiet, all other things being equal.

I actually didn’t consider it bad luck. It was nice not to have to wander around, and they accommodated my room request when they could.

That restaurant is booked solid every day, independent of crowd level. I don’t think the business varies much day to day.
I just thought I would ask because when we went there was hardly anyone in the music room. The ballroom wasn’t full either

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter