Can you recommend a few things?

MagicalMomAZ

DIS Veteran
My DD & I are ditching the boys (DH & 2 yo DS) to go to DL at some point - probably 10/07 ..... Can you recommend:

The best places to make dining reservations?

What is most important to be included in pkgs (i.e. early entry, etc)?

The biggest no-no?

The MOST must see attraction that is new (it's been 4 yrs since we were there)?

TIA!!

MagicalMomAZ said:

The biggest no-no?

TIA!!

dining reservations hmm lets see:scratchin I guess my recommendations would be...Goofy's Kitchen, Blue Bayou (since you havent been for a long time) alot of people like Napa Rose but I personally dont like the menu...I love the Vineyard Room in DCA though

as far as pkg inclusives I guess I would say EE is about the only thing I care about truthfully except unlimited FP and parking

The biggest no no would be to go on a saturday period

attractions not to miss are Space Mtn, TOT, Soarin, and POTC :goodvibes

I agree with the previous poster except I'll add -

don't miss Indiana Jones (I'm assuming your daughter has never been on this ride before and it's awesome!)

Also, don't forget about the new rides - Monsters Inc. and of course the new Nemo ride will be open by then (Oct '07). :thumbsup2

You really should see the Aladdin show if it's still running. It's a great show!

Also, if possible, I would go in early-mid November instead of October. The reason for this is because;

a: All the holiday decorations and lights will be up and they are beautiful.

b: Both the Haunted Mansion and It's a Small World will be open after their yearly holiday makeovers, so you'll be able to enjoy them in all their holiday splendor. (Haunted Mansion is closed late September through early-mid October and Small World is closed late October into early November).

c: Most other popular rides should be open (like the Matterhorn, Space Mountain, Splash, Thunder Mountain Railroad, ect.

d: You'll often find great deals to visit Disneyland during this time of year (before Thanksgiving), like the current deal of stay three nights and get a forth night free.

Have a wonderful "ladies only" trip! princess: princess:

Well, by next year the dont miss ride will be the new Nemo ride. It will be opening sometime next summer.

A big no-no is to get to the park mid morning. Go early- be there at opening! Take a break mid day, and go back for the evening shows (fireworks, Fantasmic, parades). Shop mid day, not last thing in the evening- the stores are packed at that point.

Meals- we really like Breakfast at the plaza inn with Minnie and friends.

Packages- if you are a Costco member I would try to book with them. They offer all the same things as Disney travel, but they add a $20 gift card, and a character meal.

Does DD have favorite characters? Definately do a character meal either in the park or at one of the hotels.

October is a good time to go as the crowds are lower (but there may be some rides down for refurbishement).

The new Monsters Inc ride is cute, the Nemo Subs will be up. You probably haven't done the Buzz Lightyear Astro Blasters yet, they are a lot of fun--expecially if you like to get competitive.

If DD is into it, I hear most girls love Club Libby Lu at Downtown Disney.

Also, you may be there when they have Mickey's Halloween Treat at DCA. It is always fun to dress up & trick or treat.

Have a wonderful trip and have fun planning it!!!

Thanks to all - LOTS of good tips here!

Disney Super Mom - AAAGGHHH!!!! I LOVE the Haunted Mansion & It's A Small World...warm fuzzy memories....Problem is we HAVE to go in October b/c of her school Fall Break.
Wait brainstorming here....if DH HAS to care for our 2 yo then it will have to be over a weekend so he doesn't miss work. Ok...things are looking brighter. Yes, it will be busy on the wkend but at least we'll have our favorite rides! ;)

This was the most manic post ever, don't mind me. :blush:

MagicalMomAZ said:
Thanks to all - LOTS of good tips here!

Disney Super Mom - AAAGGHHH!!!! I LOVE the Haunted Mansion & It's A Small World...warm fuzzy memories....Problem is we HAVE to go in October b/c of her school Fall Break.

Well, don't worry because you may be able to time your trip so you'll still be able to enjoy both these rides. For example, we're going to Disneyland this year, Oct 21 - 26. By this time (according to Disney's calendar), the Haunted Mansion will have already undergone it's holiday makeover and be open. Also, It's a Small World goes down on Oct 23rd (which is a Monday) for it's holiday makeover, but that will still give us 2 days to ride it before it's closed.

Another thing about going in October is that Disneyland and California Adventure will be all decked out in spooky-ooky halloween decorations, which would be fun for you and your daughter to see.

Since you'll be there on a weekend, you and your daughter may also want to participate in Mickey's Halloween Treat. Your daughter (and you too if you want) can dress up in holloween costumes and go trick-or-treating throughout California Adventure, collect stickers, meet the spooky Disney characters roaming around, ride the rides, and watch/listen to the music performers. I hear it's fun, fun, fun from others who've been, and I think we may go this year.

You'll have a great time regardless. It's a girls only Disney trip after all. What could be better than that?! Have a great time!

Hey there,

I am in the same boat, my mum and I are leaving this October for our trip *Just the 2 of us* for a girls week away. WOOOOO HOOOOO NO MEN FOR A WEEK! :sunny: :rotfl2: We were debating earlier this year if we should go early mid or later in october or just wait until November. But we decided that early October would be awesome.

Why October is Great

The crowd levels seem to be lower as schools arent out yet for vactions yet, and people hold out until the middle to the end of October for the Trick or Treat days. Which means that the park wont be as crowded in early Oct. ALSO.... The haunted mansion is closed the last week of September for the revamp of the "Haunted holiday" and opens up again before October hits, giving you the chance to be one of the first people to ride it. Its a small world will still be up and running until the end of October, so you can still ride that before it goes down. At any time of the year, except for peak season if theres an issue, a ride or 2 maybe down, so I dont think that should damper anyone from enjoying the park. But unless theres a ride you just have to go on, revamps are bound to happen. I just think its smart to go before the larger crowds hit for the Holday season as revamps always bring in larger crowds.

But if you wanted to do the Trick or Treat days, you can always go early to mid October, get the smaller crowds and then take advantage of one of the first days of the Trick or Treat event.

Not to miss rides
What I have heard from many many people is to not miss the rides "TOT, Soarin' over California, Indiana Jones, POTC, Splash mountain, Space Mountain, Haunted Mansion, and Big Thunder Mountain. Plus the Finding Nemo Ride will be up when you get there, so thats a take in.

Where to eat
Well, i've heard that Red Rockets actually rocks, and so does Goofy's Kitchen and Blue Bayou. I've heard mixed things on Ariels Grotto for the Princess Lunch.

Early Entry
DEFINATELY DO AN EARLY ENTRY!!!!!! Apparently you can go on more rides in the first hour then you probably could all day long without having to wait in lineups. But also remember to get Fast Passes because thats a huge help. If you get to the park early, grab passes for the bigger rides such as Space Mountain, etc as some of the bigger ride fast passes for the day run out before 1:00pm.

Another thing you can look into, cause im not sure if it were just for the 50th, but if you stay at a disney hotel (and only disney hotel visitors), you can get a Mickeys Toontown madness wich allows you into the park before it opens to go to Toon town to interact with the characters and become a citizen of Toon Town for an hour.

One last thing to keep in mind too is that in October the weather is still really nice, so that is another thing you can take advantage of.

Have a great time planning your trip, thats half the fun! :cool1:

MagicalMomAZ said:
My DD & I are ditching the boys (DH & 2 yo DS) to go to DL at some point - probably 10/07 ..... Can you recommend:

Blue Bayou or French Quarter. The Official Disneyland Podcast mentioned Mickey Beignets and chocolate soufle crepes. Can you imagine!

For me it was Early Entry. The Toontown Madness thing was okay, but not the big deal they make it out to be. Secondly, the Park Hopper option.

The biggest no-no?

Can't think of one thing you shouldn't do! I tried to do it all!

This isn't so much an attraction, but a show. Don't miss Aladdin over at California Adventure. I thought this show was outstanding. The genie was so funny, I nearly split my sides laughing!

TIA!!

Hope that helps!

SamIam21 why would you say no to a park hopper? Does it just take up too much time? I would think that would be a great thing.

Thanks guys!!!! :)

MysticPath - samIam21 was saying Park Hopper tickets were the #2 thing that was most important to early entry....I liked our Park Hopper tickets altho we split our days up (2 days at DL 2.5 days at DCA).

MagicalMomAZ said:
Thanks guys!!!! :)

MysticPath - samIam21 was saying Park Hopper tickets were the #2 thing that was most important to early entry....I liked our Park Hopper tickets altho we split our days up (2 days at DL 2.5 days at DCA).

Yep yep!! That's what I meant! :wave:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter