Can you rent a golf cart in hilton head?

dlm1017

Mouseketeer
There are six of us, my dad had shoulder surgery and can't ride a bike. He and my dd (she is 19) would use the cart while the rest of us would bike. Can you ride a golf cart around the island where the bikes would go? I have not seen anyone usung one so I am not sure? I check with the front desk ( I am here now) they said I would just have to park it under the lodge at night.
Does anyone know if this is allowed?

I'd check with the front desk to see if they know the official policy about using the bike paths. I think they are only for non-motorized traffic (walking, biking, roller blading, etc.) but it's worth asking.

Here is a place that does rent electric golf carts for use on secondary roads with a speed limit of 35 or less. This would not include Rt 278. They would likely know of they can be used on bike trails.

There are six of us, my dad had shoulder surgery and can't ride a bike. He and my dd (she is 19) would use the cart while the rest of us would bike. Can you ride a golf cart around the island where the bikes would go? I have not seen anyone usung one so I am not sure? I check with the front desk ( I am here now) they said I would just have to park it under the lodge at night.
Does anyone know if this is allowed?

My guess would be that you can't rent one. We used to own a golf cart and technically, if it's going to be used on public access (roads or bike paths), you have to register it and carry insurance, just like another motorized vehicles-the automobile. The reason they can rent them at Fort Wilderness, for example, is that they're being used only on private property, like using golf carts on a golf course. However, they're not for public streets (I think that would include the bike paths). There's a chance South Carolina laws are different, however.

The only place I know of where you can rent a golf cart is for the Dafuskie Island tour (which is fun and perhaps worth look in to).

It's an island wide rule that nothing motorized is allowed on the bike paths (so it's not up to the resort). Some of the golf course communities allow them but they are private (ie. Sun City HH).

Thanks. Found one that rents, but not allowed on bike paths. The bike path that crosses under 278 is to narrow anyway. The cart they rent is street legal but there is no way we ride on the main roads here!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter