Can you still get 2 meat dishes for the sampler at Sanaa?

KangaFan

Hoping to someday be as patient as Kanga
Just getting ready for our trip and previewing menus and realized that our favorite dish at Sanaa has changed. The sampler dish where you have 2 entree items and rice now says that you have to choose one vegetable item. Has anyone successfully still ordered 2 meat items?

We didn't love the veggies we tried last time and DH were hoping to split since the bread service is so filling.

I’d be curious to know the answer too! I went in November and March and both times it said choose one from each and I didn’t challenge it. But next time I’d like two meat dishes!

Don’t know if this will help you, but I read a trip review recently where the guest(s) ordered 2 meats and a choice from Harvest ( I can’t recall the specifics though :()

I do recall they were on deluxe dining.

There are 2 entrees at Sanaa that seem to fit your description.

Potjie Inspired
Choose one from the Journey - Goan Seafood Curry, Butter Chicken, Braised Beef, or Spicy Durban Shrimp. Choose one from the Harvest - Chickpea Wat, Aloo Masala, Paneer Tikka, Lentil Dhal, or Cilantro-Coconut Vegetables. Served with scented Basmati Rice....$26.00

and

South African Braaivleis
Fire-grilled Meats with Traditional Accompaniments......$33.00

The braaiveleis is served with 2 different types of grilled meat with veggies underneath from the pics I've seen as I've never eaten at this restaurant.

I was referring to the Potjie Inspired--we've had it before, but you had a choice of 2 of anything--we'll give it a try and report back if no one knows . . .

Is the Potjie Inspired enough to share if also getting the bread service?

Depends on your appetite, I’d say. My dad and I shared the bread service and I ordered the Potjie and wasn’t able to eat even half of it. So next time my plan is to share the Potjie

I was able to get the chicken and beef in April when I went, not sure if it was just my server or if that is the norm.

I was able to get the chicken and beef in April when I went, not sure if it was just my server or if that is the norm.
Great, thanks! Fingers crossed that it isn't server dependent :)

Definitely sharable if there's only 2 sharing the bread service. We each came home with more than 1/2 of ours the first time, so we decided to split going forward or to get double butter chicken if we have a microwave for leftovers. :thumbsup2

I was there this past Friday and our server said we can add a second meat but the cost would go up to $37.

I was there this past Friday and our server said we can add a second meat but the cost would go up to $37.
Yikes! I may need to find an alternate source for butter chicken.

My wife ended up just getting the butter chicken and cilantro coconut vegetables.

That was plenty of food for her as we both were full from the bread service.

Oh. And they gave us the bread service for free because we had to wait a while for a table.

I tried to double up on the Goan Seafood Curry and was told there would be an upcharge. Went with the Paneer Tikka instead and was glad I did.

Wondering if there are any recent updates on whether it’s possible to get two meats ? We will be on the DDP.

We went this past August and the prior August, both times on the DDP, and both times were able to get two meats plus one veggie. I believe this is only included when you are on the DDP. Enjoy!

We always share this and leave really full. The new one meat one veg set up works for us, as my hubby is a meat eater and I'm vegetarian.
It never hurts to ask if you can get two meat dishes.

I tried to double up on the Goan Seafood Curry and was told there would be an upcharge. Went with the Paneer Tikka instead and was glad I did.
That was what I was thinking... they may allow it with a slight upcharge for two meat dishes.

We dropped it off our list in place of Tiffins and Nomad instead of having to pick between the two along with Sanna for our two Animal Kingdom lunches.

One other update I saw was the Paneer Tikka is not considered a vegetable option anymore which was another nail in its coffin resulting in us dropping our reservation.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter