Can you your name be on two different hotel reservations at once?

Katd52

Mouseketeer
We are doing a big family trip in September with all of my kids. We are DVC so we are staying in a two bedroom Villa. My adult son is opting to stay with his girlfriend at Pop Century and take advantage of free dining. Is it possible to have him on his reservation and ours at thetsame time so he can come over and hang out and use the pool when he wants?

I can tell you that it is possible to book 2 reservations at the same time with the same name. I booked Pop Century and then free dining came out and I also have All Star Music booked. At one time I also had All Star Sports (free dining but was short a day) booked. I don't know how it all plays out when you are actually there, but you can book it that way.

we just booked 2 rooms, one for us and one for ds and his gf. they made me put his under his name, but they were both in our account. i booked over the phone thought because i wasn't sure how to book the second one without it replacing the first one, if that makes sense.

We are doing a big family trip in September with all of my kids. We are DVC so we are staying in a two bedroom Villa. My adult son is opting to stay with his girlfriend at Pop Century and take advantage of free dining. Is it possible to have him on his reservation and ours at thetsame time so he can come over and hang out and use the pool when he wants?

Yes. Just don't make him the lead guest on the DVC reservation (which I assume you aren't doing anyway).

I have no insight about how DVC works but on the regular bookings yes you can
I booked 2 rooms in my name, me as the lead guest in both, in my MDE account. Had no issues at all. I did it all online. When we arrived I was only able to have my magic bands work one room but that is the only thing we had to work around. We had connecting rooms so that didn't end up being an issue

Thanks so much everyone! I'm glad it's possible. Now we can all hang out together at Boardwalk but then they can go "home" to Pop Century :)

We have 2 reservations for next week but under separate names even though both have my CC on file for incidentals. The girl on the phone at Disney said we had to set up 2 different names or when I made 2nd reservation ir would automatically cancel out the first. Maybe she didn't know what she was talking about.

We have 2 reservations for next week but under separate names even though both have my CC on file for incidentals. The girl on the phone at Disney said we had to set up 2 different names or when I made 2nd reservation ir would automatically cancel out the first. Maybe she didn't know what she was talking about.
If you ask that is what they tell you. I'm sure that is what their training has told them
I guess no one ever bothered to actually program MDE to do it
Because it let's you and it does not cancel the second reservation

If you ask that is what they tell you. I'm sure that is what their training has told them
I guess no one ever bothered to actually program MDE to do it
Because it let's you and it does not cancel the second reservation

Is this still the case ?

SW

I have two bookings on my account.. Both show up. I cant imagine why it would be a big deal? I'm sure Disney has a lot of families visiting "together" but not staying "together"

Last summer we put our friends on our reservation at the Poly and they put us on there’s at the BC so we could swim with them and they could watch 4th of July fireworks from the beach with us. It created a HUGE mess when trying to book FPs

Last summer we put our friends on our reservation at the Poly and they put us on there’s at the BC so we could swim with them and they could watch 4th of July fireworks from the beach with us. It created a HUGE mess when trying to book FPs
Were your dates different?
I can't imagine what would mess up if the dates were the same

Were your dates different?
I can't imagine what would mess up if the dates were the same
We traveled together and had the same exact dates. We were unable to book fast passes for all of us. period. Had to call the help desk and they had to do it.

We traveled together and had the same exact dates. We were unable to book fast passes for all of us. period. Had to call the help desk and they had to do it.
Weird. I suspect you'd have had the same exact issue even if you weren't on 2 reservations. Something else was up
I've had multiple rooms booked many times (while trying to figure out what we are doing) and never had issues booking FP

We have 2 different reservations for the same week in November; depending on how our finances go, one of them will be cancelled and the other one paid off. So yes, you can have 2 reservations at the same time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter