Canada/New England cruise?

pooch

Still feeling special!!
on Brilliance of the Seas in early October. Any thoughts/reviews of this itinerary? DH and I will be celebrating our 35th wedding anniversary in October. We actually honeymooned in Maine and Nova Scotia (drove - we were poor!!) Well we aren't as poor now and I thought this might be a nice "upgrade". But is it too cold to sit outside? We don't care about the pool but it would be nice to be out on the deck. Ports of call bring you to good spots? Anything else you can tell me?

One of our favorite itineraries! We sailed on the Brilliance out of Boston in September 2013. She's a lovely ship, although has more glass enclosures than what we had experienced on other lines (i.e. Disney's ships seem to have a lot of open air places). Our ports of call: Portland, Bar Harbor, St John New Brunswick and Halifax, Nova Scotia. We had fabulous weather, but note, we sailed mid September. I'd imagine the fall colors should be splendid in October. We were too early, but we loved, loved, loved the ports of call. The Bay of Fundy was awesome. We did hire a private driver for that day touring and he was worth every penny. Usually, we stick pretty much w ship tours. DH and I have a fear of being left behind :) Congrats on the anniversary. We could be anniversary buddies = we are approaching 36 years. Have a great time!

DW and I are currently booked on the October 11, 2015 Canada/New England sailing. Each year we try to do a Rents Retreat and this itinerary look very nice.

We've done a fall foliage cruise twice. Loved the colors. Here in the desert we're rather "autumn deprived." Different ports hit the peak colors at different times, and each year is a bit different. The northern end peaks first. Try to plan cruising on/near Columbus Day.

Love Bar Harbor and all the inexpensive Maine lobster. I have a good friend in St. John who met up with us and drove us around. Fun times.

Speaking of anniversaries -- DH and I hit the big 39 today. a bro-in-law pointed out that DH must've married me the day I was born.

It could get to be fairly cold especially at night but it's hard to predict. There can be a 10-15 degree temperature change in one day. There would be no way I'd be going in the pool at that time of year. I've only been there in July and at night I had to wear a light jacking Saying that it would likely be very nice in the autumn and with the cooler weather you wouldn't have to worry about mosquitoes.

Thanks for all the great information. We've just started looking at shore excursions and any advice y'all might be able to give us would be appreciated.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter