Canadian Buffoon's Solo Disney Vacation - Update 07/08! pp99 - Here today gone tomorrow

Just delurking to say that it's taken forever but I've finally caught up on your latest TR--just in time to wave goodbye as you leave on your next one!! :wave: I'm so glad you were able to work things out for your father-daughter trip. I know you'll have an amazing time.

I also wanted to say how much I enjoyed hearing that you were able to catch a bit of Indy practice while you were in TO. I'm mostly a NASCAR girl myself (it runs in the family, literally, as my ex works for BK Racing and my nephew is on Joey Logano's pit crew) but I watch the Indy races as well. I like most of the drivers, but Tony Kanaan is my favorite. I haven't been to an Indy car race in years and am kind of regretting I didn't get tickets for Pocono, which is only about an hour and a half away, but my DS and I made the last minute decision to go to the NASCAR race a few weeks ago and there went the racing budget...

Looking forward to the next trip report, and I promise to try to keep up to date and possibly even comment once in a while!!

Just delurking to say that it's taken forever but I've finally caught up on your latest TR--just in time to wave goodbye as you leave on your next one!! :wave:

Well, well, well! Look who popped in out of the past!

Hi Di! :wave:
It might be a tad late to say this, but :welcome: to the TR!
Haven't seen you since the Niagara trip.
How've you been??

I'm so glad you were able to work things out for your father-daughter trip. I know you'll have an amazing time.

I sure hope so. Kay is a very, very different duck from her older sister.
This could go well, or it could go.... not so well.
I'm staying as positive as I can and hoping for the best.

It's not that she's a bad kid or anything, just our trip philosophies vary greatly.
I'm a Go! Go! Go! kinda guy
and she's more of a "I wanna sleep 'til noon.
Laze around the room until 5pm and then go out."

We shall see.
I just need to keep reminding myself that I'm there because of her,
not in spite of her! :laughing:

I also wanted to say how much I enjoyed hearing that you were able to catch a bit of Indy practice while you were in TO. I'm mostly a NASCAR girl myself (it runs in the family, literally, as my ex works for BK Racing and my nephew is on Joey Logano's pit crew) but I watch the Indy races as well.

Hey! A fellow race car enthusiast! That makes three of us, I think. :laughing:
Didn't you tell me before that your ex works for BK Racing? Or am I imagining that...
Probably the latter.

I like most of the drivers, but Tony Kanaan is my favorite.

I think I just fell in love.
Of course he is! He's 'frican amazing!
He's my (if you didn't notice) fave too.

I haven't been to an Indy car race in years and am kind of regretting I didn't get tickets for Pocono, which is only about an hour and a half away, but my DS and I made the last minute decision to go to the NASCAR race a few weeks ago and there went the racing budget...

::yes:: I get that. It's not like I travel the country taking in races.
Although... I wouldn't mind doing that! :laughing:

Looking forward to the next trip report, and I promise to try to keep up to date and possibly even comment once in a while!!

I hope you can, it'd be nice to see you around again! :goodvibes

I'm still around. You leave on Friday!!! You know I'm jealous! Can't wait till you start the new TR! Hopefully I'll keep up better on that than I have been. We didn't have wifi for awhile so it's been hard.

My favorite thing to eat is a Mickey waffle with strawberries and whipped cream for breakfast. One of the reasons I didn't like staying at a moderate resort was they didn't have this on the menu!

Have lots of fun! Eat lots of zebra domes!

I'm still around.

OMG! How did you do that!?!?
I was on here a few minutes ago to make sure I was still caught up on everything
(I was)
and then I logged out.
Then I was adding "things to do" onto my iPod.
As I was doing that, I entered "Gift for Carrie".
Then I thought, "Oh, I should double check her PM she sent me."

So I log in and you've just posted!

You leave on Friday!!!

I know!!!!! That's.... THIS WEEK!!!!!

You know I'm jealous!

Well, I would be if the roles were reversed.

But they're not! I'm going!

Can't wait till you start the new TR! Hopefully I'll keep up better on that than I have been. We didn't have wifi for awhile so it's been hard.

Won't be long til I start it.
I actually thought about starting it before I left...
then realized it would be plenty dull without a single picture in it.

My favorite thing to eat is a Mickey waffle with strawberries and whipped cream for breakfast.

Whoa. Sounds good and totally decadent.

One of the reasons I didn't like staying at a moderate resort was they didn't have this on the menu!

No waffles at mods?
Weird.

Have lots of fun! Eat lots of zebra domes!

Thanks! And.... I might find the time to have a few ZDs.... :rolleyes1

OMG! How did you do that!?!?
I was on here a few minutes ago to make sure I was still caught up on everything
(I was)
and then I logged out.
Then I was adding "things to do" onto my iPod.
As I was doing that, I entered "Gift for Carrie".
Then I thought, "Oh, I should double check her PM she sent me."

So I log in and you've just posted!

I'm psychic, duh!
I can't wait to see what you send me.

I know!!!!! That's.... THIS WEEK!!!!!

Yes it is! I have to get my car looked at this week. Someone backed into it and it has some scrapes and dents.

Well, I would be if the roles were reversed.

But they're not! I'm going!

Are you sure I"m not going with you? I'm still hoping that you'll message me that there's a plane ticket waiting for me to go!

Won't be long til I start it.
I actually thought about starting it before I left...
then realized it would be plenty dull without a single picture in it.

You could introduce you and Kay with pictures.

Whoa. Sounds good and totally decadent.

No where else is as good!

No waffles at mods?
Weird.

Well I don't know about all mods. I was at CSR and they were doing that trial buffet at the food court. I don't like the small Mickey waffles that have been sitting under a heat lamp. I want the fresh, made while you wait, big waffles.

Thanks! And.... I might find the time to have a few ZDs.... :rolleyes1

You Must!!!

I didn't do the quoting right!

Hi Tammie! :wave:

Uh... no.
Just. No.

:rotfl2:

Actually, Elle is more like me when it comes to malls.
Ruby and Kay, however...

I get it.

::yes:: It was nice that Ruby's conference and the race happened to coincide.
I debated staying for the weekend and watching the race, but...
There's that whole "money" thing that comes into play, then.

That's the thing about money. Sometimes it is a challenge do decide whether to part with it or not.....

Never heard of the Rice Dream. Looks interesting.
I don't like rice pudding though, so doubt I'll try it.
I like that European tour idea though!

Maybe I meant Rice cream. It is like our Norwegian Glorified Rice my mom makes for holidays. We use cols rice and whipped cream with pineapple chunks and cherries on top. Kind of a desset salad.

Early am just ain't gonna happen. I know that for a fact already.
Heck, I'm hoping to get her up before 10am!
The car boats look very cool, but I don't know if we'll make it to DTD or not.

Oh, this young padiwan has not learned the power of early rising in the land of Disney? Failed you have. :faint:

Like I said, not likely to hit DTD... but you never know.
I'll be sure to steer her that way if we do!

Or you could hang on to your wallet and tell her DTD is closed

Not sure I can make it back before Friday! Have a great trip!

I'm psychic, duh!
I can't wait to see what you send me.

Oh, I wouldn't call you that. That would be rude.

Oh... wait...
You said psychic... I thought I read psychotic.

Yes it is! I have to get my car looked at this week. Someone backed into it and it has some scrapes and dents.

Oh, nice. Don't you love it when that happens.
Everytime I see a new ding or scratch on mine,
I usually say something like "Well, it's my fault. I parked it in a parking spot."

:sad2:

Some people just don't give a rat's patootie.

Are you sure I"m not going with you? I'm still hoping that you'll message me that there's a plane ticket waiting for me to go!

If you can make it over here by Friday, I'll squeeze you into a suitcase.

You could introduce you and Kay with pictures.

I thought of that, but Kay is like Ruby in that she doesn't like her picture taken.
I'm hoping to sneak some in at Disney though.

Plus, I just don't think I have the time to do it before we go.

Well I don't know about all mods. I was at CSR and they were doing that trial buffet at the food court. I don't like the small Mickey waffles that have been sitting under a heat lamp. I want the fresh, made while you wait, big waffles.

Pre-made, heat-lamp waffles = yuck.
Make 'em and eat 'em.

You Must!!!

I didn't do the quoting right!

I sure hope I can!
Kay has mentioned that she wants to try some.
And don't worry about the quoting, I got it.

That's the thing about money. Sometimes it is a challenge do decide whether to part with it or not.....

::yes:: I'm kind of wondering how this trip will pan out, cash-wise.
I'll know in about two weeks, when I get back.

Maybe I meant Rice cream. It is like our Norwegian Glorified Rice my mom makes for holidays. We use cols rice and whipped cream with pineapple chunks and cherries on top. Kind of a desset salad.

Interesting. I'll keep an eye out for it and see if it appeals or not.

Oh, this young padiwan has not learned the power of early rising in the land of Disney? Failed you have. :faint:

This young padiwan has not learned the ability of early or mid-morning or late morning rising.
It's going to be interesting. That much I know.

Or you could hang on to your wallet and tell her DTD is closed

::yes::

Honestly, I have no idea how this trip is going to go.
We may or may not wind up at DTD.
I feel.... weird! I'm not in complete control!! Agh!

Not sure I can make it back before Friday! Have a great trip!

Thanks Tammie! :goodvibes

This young padiwan has not learned the ability of early or mid-morning or late morning rising.

That's why I should go with you. I'll wake up early to tour the parks with you. Then after awhile we go back to the room and Kay will be ready to go and I'll be ready fora nap. But I'm not going to Winterpeg! My ticket should be from Cleveland to Orlando.

That's why I should go with you. I'll wake up early to tour the parks with you.

Okay, I'm liking this so far...

Then after awhile we go back to the room and Kay will be ready to go and I'll be ready fora nap.

So a win, win. I like it.
You're in.

But I'm not going to Winterpeg! My ticket should be from Cleveland to Orlando.

Always a fly in the ointment.
So I just have to pay for your air and you'll handle the rest, right?
(It is free dining, ya know...)

Oh, and where will you sleep? Kay won't share her bed.

As I may not get back here (I have to take Thursday off for the closing on my house) and I do NOT want to forget to come back, I am going to do it now: I wish you and your daughter, Kay, a very magical trip.

As I may not get back here (I have to take Thursday off for the closing on my house) and I do NOT want to forget to come back, I am going to do it now: I wish you and your daughter, Kay, a very magical trip.

Thanks, Kathy! :)

So the quoting thing isn't working for some reason.... Thanks for the welcome!

Will you try a new soundtrack for Small World next time or go with the same?

I thought of something for you to do if you haven't already and if it hasn't been mentioned before. See the British Revolution in Epcot. They do covers of Beatles, Stones, Who, Zeppelin, Queen... etc. You'll like them. They're in the UK pavilion from 3-8 most days, not Wed Thurs.

I was at the NS Dis Meet/ Give the Kids the World Fundraiser yesterday and it was suggested to me to read your TR. :) I'll try to do that in between finishing up my packing since I leave Wednesday! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter