Canadian DISer's Weight Loss Get In Shape Thread

Congrats on the wedding! It is so great to feel comfortable in your skin and enjoying yourself.

I am having a bad wedding-related morning. There are some photos of me from the wedding that look great! But there is one or tow that make me look like a beached whale. So now I am all paranoid that I look that way all the time. I may never leave the house again.

CONGRATS! I truly know how hard it is to do that especially when everyone else around you is going hard. I used to have will power like that but show how it has gone away. :confused3

Keep up the great work!

Now I gotta figure out how going to the gym made me gain weight...

bdtracey- gaining weight and going to the gym go hand in hand don't they. I have read that muscle weighs much more than fat. You're just in transition.
Good for you for going to the gym. I'm not that brave yet...all those skinny people. I am walking for now. Today I finally moved numbers...I hit 44lbs...come on 45 so I can change my ribbon!!1:cool1:

perfectparanoia- I know what you mean about pictures. I still cry when I see my picture. How can I feel so much better and still look FAT!!! Its not fair. I remember seeing a picture in the summer and I broke down. I was in shock because I thought I looked better than that. THEREFORE I am not looking a pictures anymore. Childish I know but it only makes things worse for me and then I get down and then emotional eating starts so its best for me not to look. Some angles can be so forgiving and others not. I feel your pain!! I don't dare look at the photos from the wedding. Hang in there!!:grouphug:

Well this thread is just what I have been looking for!! Dh and I are trying to loose some extra weight. I have some probs with my knees which makes it so I can walk and do very light low impact exercises. I would love to loose about 40-50 lbs. Those late night snacks kill us!! LoL

I have started walking my daughter to preschool,(she goes 4 days a week) and walking 'with a purpose' on the way home and on the way to pick her up with my iPod on. I have substitued most pop with water and water with the flavor packets in them. I am getting nervous with winter approaching about the walking thing outside (we are in WInnipeg)...so I think I may have to take it to the mall instead. I don't think that we can afford a gym membership right now...but who knows.

My dh is a different story!! He loves his late night snack. We started that by having a late supper some nights ( after we put dd to bed, kinda keepin' the romance thing alive) after dd was born...well four years later it is a full out snack-meal...lol almost every night. He is very stubborn. Although I think last night he may have realized...he went for his hair cut and said he couldn't stand looking at how his belly looks in the mirror. Soooo I am hoping that will help motivate him. He has a terrible familiy history of heart problems, and that isn't even helping. His mom and dad have had heart attacks, his grandparents. And now his brothers are having problems. One older and one younger brother. The younger one just lost 100 lbs because of a scare and major health problems. I wish that that would have motivated him, but it didn't. He has a tattoo that says 'no fear'...I really think it is true ( to do with this anyways).:headache:

Well thanks for letting me tag along here guys!! Good luck and congrats to everyone!! Sorry it was so long!!

Welcome Disney Brat!! We need all the support we can get. Strength in numbers!!!:grouphug:

Well, I have to tell you that I am sooo thrilled. The scale moved today...FINALLY!! :cheer2: I am down 2 lb and hit 46 lbs!!:banana: I can't believe it. I was hoping to hit 45 for my disney trip in 5 days!!! Everyone at work said that I looked like I had lost more weight but really my numbers haven't been moving. I guess some weight was shifting...or muscle building from walking. Anyways, just had to tell my team mates I got my next ribbon!!!

Thanks for letting me brag!:cool1:

Welcome Disney Brat!! We need all the support we can get. Strength in numbers!!!:grouphug:

Well, I have to tell you that I am sooo thrilled. The scale moved today...FINALLY!! :cheer2: I am down 2 lb and hit 46 lbs!!:banana: I can't believe it. I was hoping to hit 45 for my disney trip in 5 days!!! Everyone at work said that I looked like I had lost more weight but really my numbers haven't been moving. I guess some weight was shifting...or muscle building from walking. Anyways, just had to tell my team mates I got my next ribbon!!!

That is such a great feeling! Good for you. I read in someone's siggy once that said "nothing tastes as good as skinny feels" That is my new motto! I have gone down one pant size already. DH who started 3 weeks before me
(I had pneumonia) has lost 25 lbs Woohoo dh is looking fine!

Brag away! That is such great news!! Way to go!
Thank you all for your kind welcoming!! It feels good to be part of almost a 'team'!!

Well I weighed myself and I have lost 13 lbs!! :dance3: Totally shocked!! I guess that slow start with walking DD to school and back and cutting out the pop really helped. DH and I are going at full steam ahead mode now though!! He weighed himself, and that was his deciding factor ( I am very proud of him). We started mall walking either early in the morning or in the evening. DD tags along and loves it too...she gets to see all the new stuff and the Disney Store all the time now...lol Just thought I would share some of my happy news with ya!

I am leaving for WDW on the 26th and had hopes of losing weight so that I didn't look like a football player in our pictures. Unfortunately it didn't happen.
So this past weekend me and my friend started the Atkins induction and we will do this until Black Friday on the 22nd of this month. I have lost 5 lbs since Saturday morning. I realize this isn't the greatest way to go about things but I wanted a good kickstart.
I have put on 50lbs since meeting my husband and having a baby within the past 3 years. I used to be a lean mean (not so much) kickboxing machine. Now I have no time to go to the gym and no energy or cardio level.
Your stories are inspiration to me so keep them coming :)

Congrats on the 5 lbs!! That is a great start!! It is hard here in Winnipeg to get much of anything done with the wonderful winters!! LOL Enjoyed the morning cool down:headache: SO comgrats and welcome to this thread!!

I'm back!

I blew it......:scared1:

....but I'm ready to take control back!

I'm eating well and exercising! Blessings, Sandra

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter