Canadians - where are you?

We Canadians totally deserve to have a warm vacation during our cold winters. We get -40 temps in Ottawa, this past winter was horrible.

On our vacation in January 2011 we saw a kid wearing a snowsuit at CM, my kids couldn't believe it! It was a little chilly that day, we had to wear hoodies, but not frigid. My kids still talk about seeing the girl in the snowsuit! :)

I experienced that myself back in 1997 -- I was there over Christmas and, literally, it was Canadians in shorts and Floridians in down jackets and mitts. (We were using the outdoor pool the next day, even..)

On the downside, of course, I then came home and a day and a half later, the skies openned up and dropped about a foot of ice on us.

Born in Sudbury, ON -- now in Ottawa (well, Nepean)....

Lucky enough to have married someone who fell in love with Disney as much as I had on our honemoon -- we're going down in December for our fourth trip together to experience the Christmas season for her first time (including Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party).

I experienced that myself back in 1997 -- I was there over Christmas and, literally, it was Canadians in shorts and Floridians in down jackets and mitts. (We were using the outdoor pool the next day, even..) On the downside, of course, I then came home and a day and a half later, the skies openned up and dropped about a foot of ice on us. Born in Sudbury, ON -- now in Ottawa (well, Nepean).... Lucky enough to have married someone who fell in love with Disney as much as I had on our honemoon -- we're going down in December for our fourth trip together to experience the Christmas season for her first time (including Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party).

Oh, we're not too far away from each other! When will you be there? My family is there from Dec 12-20. Christmas is so nice there. We've never actually been there Christmas week, but just after New Years. The crowds were pretty big, we're hoping for better crowd levels this trip.

We are in Victoria BC. Being on the Westcoast DL is more accessible and less expensive for us.
I went to DL once as a child, my DH went twice as a child. When in Japan I took a day and went to Tokyo DL . DH & I went to DL as a couple before we got married. Now that we have a 5yr princess: we have been two more times. Once after attending a friends wedding Labour Day weekend 2012 for one day. And our last trip was Nov 2013 a week long trip. 5 park days 2 travel. DD and I went to DL Paris as well for one day this past May while we were in the UK and Europe visting relatives DH stayed home.
I am hoping to have enough Air miles for WDW passes by Nov 2015 for a Feb 2016 Trip to WDW.

I love that statue! I actually work at the University of Guelph so I send photos to friends trying to convince them I actually work at Hogwarts. I love the idea of having T-shirts or sweatshirts with photos of each of us with the Gryphon to wear to visit Harry. I am going to suggest that to my family for our trip next fall! Maybe we should plan a Guelph DIS-er lunch or coffee get-together? TP

It's a small world! I used to work with your son in Cambridge. Your grandson Dexter is adorable!

I love that statue! I actually work at the University of Guelph so I send photos to friends trying to convince them I actually work at Hogwarts. I love the idea of having T-shirts or sweatshirts with photos of each of us with the Gryphon to wear to visit Harry. I am going to suggest that to my family for our trip next fall! Maybe we should plan a Guelph DIS-er lunch or coffee get-together? TP

And I am putting two and two together now!! Are you the co-author of a very beloved LL series of help books? I have two copies on my bookshelf!

Yes, I am that Teresa Pitman! How funny! We really should meet up. (And yes, Dexter is adorable!) TP

LOL too funny! Say hi to Dan from Rebecca at ESA!
And thank you for writing such wonderful books that helped me out as I bf two kids for five years!

Oh, we're not too far away from each other! When will you be there? My family is there from Dec 12-20. Christmas is so nice there. We've never actually been there Christmas week, but just after New Years. The crowds were pretty big, we're hoping for better crowd levels this trip.

Pretty much the same time -- basically, we get there two days after you do, and leave on the same day (sadly). Driving down and flying out of Syracuse so we get more time at the parks (plus JetBlue still gives you free luggage).

Pretty much the same time -- basically, we get there two days after you do, and leave on the same day (sadly). Driving down and flying out of Syracuse so we get more time at the parks (plus JetBlue still gives you free luggage).

We've though about driving down to Syracuse to fly out but that pretty much eats two days out of the trip compared to our direct flight out of Ottawa. We got excellent flights out at 9:30 am and arriving in Orlando just before 1:00 and our flight back home leave at 7:40 pm arriving in Ottawa 10:30'ish. Fortunately we book our flights before the new baggage fee came into effect :)

We've though about driving down to Syracuse to fly out but that pretty much eats two days out of the trip compared to our direct flight out of Ottawa. We got excellent flights out at 9:30 am and arriving in Orlando just before 1:00 and our flight back home leave at 7:40 pm arriving in Ottawa 10:30'ish. Fortunately we book our flights before the new baggage fee came into effect :)

We couldn't leave during the week to get that early flight -- and plus, this lets us do some shopping at Destiny for Christmas presents (some of our family have bad priorities wouldn't love Disney presents) to take advantage of the exclusion. However, yes, those flight times are excellent and I'm jealous. :)

We couldn't leave during the week to get that early flight -- and plus, this lets us do some shopping at Destiny for Christmas presents (some of our family have bad priorities wouldn't love Disney presents) to take advantage of the exclusion. However, yes, those flight times are excellent and I'm jealous. :)

Destiny is a good place to shop! As for not appreciating Disney presents, maybe they deserve a lump of coal :)

I'm sure you'll have saved enough cash flying out of Syracuse that you'll be able to pay for all of those Christmas gifts. We've told our daughters 9 & 11 yrs old no to expect too many Christmas gifts as Disney is their big gift. They really don't need too much of anything. I'm sure there'll be a few surprises under the tree and a stocking full of treats.

All the way from beautiful Manitoulin Island. Smack dab in the middle of the great lakes & largest freshwater Island in the world!!

We are from Montreal (Lachine).

Hello from Sainte-Julie, south shore of Montreal. Are you a DVC member? With the first frost possibly coming this week :eek: I wish I could afford a Disney vacation this Xmas. Finances are tight, and we want to go to Aulani in March 2016, so this year we will be saving for that trip.

Stumbled upon here by chance, proud Canadian here but..

Whats with all the gryphons and Disney love? I never experienced it in Guelph when I was there.

Proud gryphon here, graduated in 2009. Nice to know there Guelph have such a strong Disney commuity.

Stumbled upon here by chance, proud Canadian here but..

Whats with all the gryphons and Disney love? I never experienced it in Guelph when I was there.

Proud gryphon here, graduated in 2009. Nice to know there Guelph have such a strong Disney commuity.

To tell you the truth we've lived here for over 17 years and never knew about the strong Disney under-current either :rotfl2: Our Gryphon connection in this house is my hubby teaches on occasion there -- the staff & profs when they run into trouble with their mail systems or even basic computer crap ... he actually has his own business and parachutes in wherever someone needs him. As i mentioned before our daughter just graduated as well. She is currently making plans to get married at the Arboretum and they plan to get their picture taken in front of the Gryphon statue (if you haven't seen it just Google it, he's pretty amazing!)

What are your plans for Disney?? We're at about 1 month out now and so stoked :cool1:

Saint-Hubert, Quebec.

New member here but a long time lurker :rolleyes1

Bienvenue!!! :)

1990 to 1999 Off site
2000 to 2003 All star Sports
2004 to 2011 Pop Century
2012 The World was great again (Pop Century) without the kids for the 1st time
2013 March Disneymoon with the kids
2013 September 2th adult trip, kind of another Disneymoon

1413615704.jpg

1420268416.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter