Candlelight Processional Dining packages are posted!

Me either. Looking for Biergarten on Christmas Eve, family tradition

Genie+ is telling me I don’t have an eligible park pass
Are your tickets loaded? The first thing it did for me was ask who was in my party and I was able to pick our family. Then it took me to the page where I could pick which dinning options I wanted.

Whenever I try to filter dining events on App, I get nothing available, or “you filtered out the fun.”

Very disappointed!

I am in Android - so it may be different in Apple.

Click the "+" at the bottom of the app.
Click "View my Genie Day and Tip Board"
Select the "Dinning" tab.
Select the restaurants you want in the dinning package.
It will pull up availability. My top choice is "CAN - Coral Reef (5:15) Lunch" which is the Candlelight dinning package. That package doesn't show up in the ADR reservation system or Candlelight reservation system. It is only in Gennie.

Bizarre - I have the iPhone app. I change the day to Dec 23. But when I click on "Tip Board" it resets back to today's date, and I cannot change it. Nice "feature". Thanks for the help though!

Bizarre - I have the iPhone app. I change the day to Dec 23. But when I click on "Tip Board" it resets back to today's date, and I cannot change it. Nice "feature". Thanks for the help though!
You want to go in under My Day. Not the Tip Board.

Will it let you click "my day" and then "get started"? If so, you should be able to find the dining tab during the process of building your day on the day you want.

Will it let you click "my day" and then "get started"? If so, you should be able to find the dining tab during the process of building your day on the day you want.

I tried that, and re-entered all my info for that day, and chose Biergarten as one of my selections. Once I'm done it just says "Not Available" for it. Oh well....

I am in Android - so it may be different in Apple.

Click the "+" at the bottom of the app.
Click "View my Genie Day and Tip Board"
Select the "Dinning" tab.
Select the restaurants you want in the dinning package.
It will pull up availability. My top choice is "CAN - Coral Reef (5:15) Lunch" which is the Candlelight dinning package. That package doesn't show up in the ADR reservation system or Candlelight reservation system. It is only in Gennie.
Still can't find anything for Roseland rose......

Are your tickets loaded? The first thing it did for me was ask who was in my party and I was able to pick our family. Then it took me to the page where I could pick which dinning options I wanted.

Yes, we have APs. Under My Day, it says park reservation # we are good to go...However, when I try to open Genie+ it says “this guest does not have an eligible park pass”
:badpc:

Last edited:
Someone on Twitter posted that they’re DVC and called the dedicated DVC line for help, and the CM she talked said they’re all shocked and that as far as they could tell, only a handful of reservations were available at each restaurant. What a mess. There better be a million standby seats then…

Someone on Twitter posted that they’re DVC and called the dedicated DVC line for help, and the CM she talked said they’re all shocked and that as far as they could tell, only a handful of reservations were available at each restaurant. What a mess. There better be a million standby seats then…

What's so odd is they haven't released other reservations at Biergarten if that is the case. I still haven't see anyone here say they reserved Biergarten in December. If they did release Biergarten dinner packages, it must have been a very small pool, which begs the question of when will the release the regular reservations? I could take or leave the dinner package, but really wanted to eat at our traditional place.

So happy for the people who were able to score reservations! Enjoy!

Have to say though, I’m left wondering why they even bothered to offer CP packages when there were so few to begin with. Seems like a situation that created a lot more customer disappointment and frustration than it solved. 🤷‍♀️

I feel the same about Rose and Crown. It was the only I could get and the only one I absolutely didn’t want. I’ve checked out the menu before since it’s so popular and am always so confused about why people find it appealing. My SO and I decided we’re just going to go to get our tickets but not actually eat there.

I also just got the wait time message. What a joke. How is this sold out when the website was glitching and most people couldn’t even access these? I’m staying on hold to ask about the couple dates that are outside the 60-day window to see if they’ll still pop up or if they’re also sold out to the 60+10 people. I wish the dining alerts could do one for these packages, but it doesn’t look like it. I guess I’ll just keep obsessively refreshing for the next two months hoping for cancellations. Sigh.

Just so you are aware, you do not receive your seat tickets until you pay for the meal. They won't give you the tickets with eating.

I just got through on the phone. The CM confirmed they are sold out for ALL dates. She said there was no 60 day window for this, and all guests had access to all dates this morning. She said this was just a mix of extremely limited availability and high popularity, and that the system obviously worked because enough people were able to get through for it to sell out (confirmation that Disney only cares about their $$$, they got what they wanted). I did ask her about the genie+ availability. I told her my friend (aka the poster in this thread lol) was showing availability on Genie+, and she said Ok now that’s a glitch. She also had the gall to tell me people were able to call in and book at 7 am when they were having problems online, and I was like how do you think I ended up on a 3 hour wait to talk to you?!?

It was frustrating because I told her I know she has absolutely nothing to do with Disney IT and that it’s not her fault, but that I hope someone in that department is aware that they did not make these reservations available when they said they would, where they said they would, and that was very frustrating for a lot of people who woke up early hoping to book these packages, and that they could have at least informed people they were sold out earlier. That went over her head as she kept implying that just because I didn’t look in the right place, other people did and were fine. I told her this was a widespread issue that is being discussed on Twitter and forums, not just a couple computer illiterates who didn’t know where to look.

So basically just typical Disney. Sigh.

I just got through on the phone. The CM confirmed they are sold out for ALL dates. She said there was no 60 day window for this, and all guests had access to all dates this morning. She said this was just a mix of extremely limited availability and high popularity, and that the system obviously worked because enough people were able to get through for it to sell out (confirmation that Disney only cares about their $$$, they got what they wanted). I did ask her about the genie+ availability. I told her my friend (aka the poster in this thread lol) was showing availability on Genie+, and she said Ok now that’s a glitch. She also had the gall to tell me people were able to call in and book at 7 am when they were having problems online, and I was like how do you think I ended up on a 3 hour wait to talk to you?!?

It was frustrating because I told her I know she has absolutely nothing to do with Disney IT and that it’s not her fault, but that I hope someone in that department is aware that they did not make these reservations available when they said they would, where they said they would, and that was very frustrating for a lot of people who woke up early hoping to book these packages, and that they could have at least informed people they were sold out earlier. That went over her head as she kept implying that just because I didn’t look in the right place, other people did and were fine. I told her this was a widespread issue that is being discussed on Twitter and forums, not just a couple computer illiterates who didn’t know where to look.

Thanks for the report. I hung up after 1.5 hours. It is helpful to hear the response. It's the response we all expected, but still very disappointing. As I said above, all I ask is that Disney sticks to the plan it says it will so we all are on equal footing. They never seem to do that anymore.

Just so you are aware, you do not receive your seat tickets until you pay for the meal. They won't give you the tickets with eating.

Yeah, I know. We’re still going to show up and pay. I’m just not wasting time on a meal we don’t want, especially when we have to burn our night we had other plans for to come back to EPCOT for the show. Hopefully there will be a couple in the walk-up line when we check in and they can eat the food on us. Or if the standby line isn’t crazy the night we’re actually in EPCOT, it’ll be more than 24 hours before our res so we’ll be able to cancel our dining package. I’ll post in here if we do that so I can try to coordinate with someone who wants it.

I just got through on the phone. The CM confirmed they are sold out for ALL dates. She said there was no 60 day window for this, and all guests had access to all dates this morning. She said this was just a mix of extremely limited availability and high popularity, and that the system obviously worked because enough people were able to get through for it to sell out

Absolutely false. I checked starting at 6am Eastern and I was never able to get beyond 12/25.

Last edited:
Thanks for the report. I hung up after 1.5 hours. It is helpful to hear the response. It's the response we all expected, but still very disappointing. As I said above, all I ask is that Disney sticks to the plan it says it will so we all are on equal footing. They never seem to do that anymore.
Yep, and that’s what I told her. She just kept insisting that they stuck to the plan and we all just had no clue what to do lol. I did not say because I didn’t want to be rude to her when it’s not her fault but wanted to be like dude, we’re on a Disney forum. We’re the ones who obsess over every detail of planning a Disney trip, we know what we’re doing. 😂😂😂

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter