Candy melting!

In October, the historical average temperature at 7 p.m. in Orlando is 78 degrees.

As late into October as possible would be my suggestion.

It’s been hotter than normal recently, but we’ve been to plenty of August parties in the past and never had a problem.

We always attend MNSSHP around october 24th (it's our anniversary 😂 ) and have never had much issue with candy melting, at least NOT to the point of it being unsalvageable.

Those specialty party milkshakes and dole whips however are another story!

The giant barrels of candy are insulated by the fact that they are in giant barrels with lots of other candy on top, and there’s no sun beating down on them, so they’re not generally melting. Once in your bag, they are also insulated, and there is still no sun beating down on them. You should be fine.

We always go in August; we're on a budget 😅 and our candy has been fine.
This year is definitely hotter, though. I think that as long as you don't put your candy bags on the ground, the candy should hold up, especially after the sun sets and it starts to cool (well, relatively cool) down.

I don't really remember having huge issues with melting candy from MNSSHP (even at the ones I've attended in August/September). MNSSHP being at night really helps.

That being said, it looks really hot at the moment...

I'm going next month so will see what happens with my candy!

While I have y'all here ;) What kind of candy do you get? I like chocolate, but not too interested in other stuff. Anything good?

We went in august and had no issue. We had candy for weeks after as well and we did not stop at a lot of places. We there a few weeks ago when 4 of the days were between 93-95 with humidity it feels a lot hotter and of course in the sun…3 of the days it was in the high 80s and nice especially with the breeze. one person carried sweet snacks all day and had no issue with melting… I am sure if she stood in the sun for a few hours it would have been different.

True story. We just threw out the rest of our MNSSHP candy from last year. And it was still good.

We went Oct 30th last year. Toward the end of the night a bunch of CMs were joking around with us and loaded us with 15lbs of candy (over 2 cubic feet of candy). It was refrigerator cold. We put it in the fridge when we got back that night. A few days later we checked out, loaded up our rental car (put the bag of candy on back seat floor insulated with jackets and stuff), went to the parks all day and flew home very late that night (stowed it under seat in front of me). Got home, I stuck my hand in the middle of the bag - still cold. Put them in the fridge and snacked all year.

I’ve had prior practice bringing large quantities of Karamell-Kuche home. The popcorn and the turtles are big hits and now everybody wants them.

While I have y'all here ;) What kind of candy do you get? I like chocolate, but not too interested in other stuff. Anything good?
Our candy haul was 50% snickers, 20% starburst, 30% other - mix of twix, mars bar, kitkat, brownie snickers, m&m’s (lot of cookie variety), skittles. Some years we’ve gotten lots of Dove chocolate and nice fruit and nut bars. It changes slightly year to year I guess depending on sponsors and contracts, plus inventory can change week to week.

It's majority chocolates like M&Ms, twix, milky way, snickers, the usual halloween suspects. There's non-chocolate candies like skittles, starburst etc mixed in but most of what you get is chocolate!

Our candy haul was 50% snickers, 20% starburst, 30% other - mix of twix, mars bar, kitkat, brownie snickers, m&m’s (lot of cookie variety), skittles.
It's majority chocolates like M&Ms, twix, milky way, snickers, the usual halloween suspects.
Thank You both! Looks like we'll be mule-ing some candy home!

ETA: Candy Melting sounds like someone who might work in the adult entertainment field. :earboy2:

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter