Canned corn people on Main Street???

I loved the canned corn thread...especially the tone in which the OP reported the sighting.:worship:

Oddest thing I read. A man laying in a grass area in MK with no shirt on, eating a pretzel and dipping it in his belly button where he had salt. :scared1:

Hey - just mentioning the "corn thread" brings out the "oldie-but-goodie" DISers! So many memories from years past.

I remember the corn! One that also stuck with me was a trip report, I want to say Del's Wife? It was one of the funniest I've read. Love ya! Mean it! DD and I still say it.

Oddest thing I read. A man laying in a grass area in MK with no shirt on, eating a pretzel and dipping it in his belly button where he had salt. :scared1:

:eek:, WOW!

ETA: Corn People Revealed
These famous people eating a can of corn on Main St at the Magic Kingdom were apparently paying homage to Walt.

This conversation between Walt and his daughter Diane was reported in Bob Thomas's book, An American Original Walt Disney"

Walt had run a new Disney film at home and Diane remarked
"Gee, Dad, that's corny!"
To which Walt responded
"Maybe so. But millions of people eat corn. There must be a reason why they like it so much."

http://www.greengiant.com/products/images/gg_corn.jpg

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=496437&highlight=corn

not the original but it makes mention of them too!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=616804&highlight=corn&page=2

I've done a preliminary search for this...but have not found it...

I was searching the Community Board...maybe it was on Theme Park Strategies...

Ahh the good ol days on the DIS!

I saw references to it in threads dated from 2003. But I couldn't find the original. I just searched the Community Board though - maybe it orginated elsewhere...the Budget Board maybe??

OMG! I Soooooo remember the canned corn thread!! It was Sooooooooo funny. I remember crying it was so funny!
It was on the community board but as I remember it was lost several years ago when the DIS crashed.

OMG! I Soooooo remember the canned corn thread!! It was Sooooooooo funny. I remember crying it was so funny!
It was on the community board but as I remember it was lost several years ago when the DIS crashed.

The Corn People thread was the thread that got me hooked on the DIS - the funniest thing ever. But, alas, I think mum4jenn is right in that it got zapped (with lots of other great threads) and can't be called up doing a search.

Revisiting these past threads, and seeing some of those who posted, makes me really miss some of our old DIS friends!

I know they wont see this, but I want to :wave2:

Packing list: Lime green Mickey heads
Holiday Window Clings
CHALK!!! :lmao::rotfl:

Although I wonder why this thread was bumped from FIVE YEARS AGO, it certianly brings back lots of memories . . . and some familiar names.

Katholyn, I hope you are well and happy.

I remember the corn family. I was trying once to join in on a corn meet but couldn't do it. That was the good old days....
tigercat

the one that sticks in my mind was the one about the daughter receiving mysterious messages in her back pack and I think pockets during school...I never heard how this turned out. Does anyone remember this one? and another was the posters neighbor pulling up and passing brown paper bags (or some kind of bag) through a window and then parking their car and going inside. I missed the last chapters on both of these.:confused3

another was the posters neighbor pulling up and passing brown paper bags (or some kind of bag) through a window and then parking their car and going inside. I missed the last chapters on both of these.:confused3

Oh I remember that one! It never got updated though, so eventually I gave up on it and removed it from my subscriptions. Too bad, I really wanted to know what was in that bag!! :rotfl:

This story isn't as funny as the canned corn but this happened on our WDW trip this summer. My family was sitting in the little covered seating area by the Dole Whip place enjoying one of our favorite treats. A mother with two young children (looked to be a 3 and 5 years old) sat down at the table next to us and pulled out a plastic container of lettuce and nothing else, just chunks of lettuce. She hands it to the children and they eat it plain like it was the best thing they had ever tasted. Sitting there on a hot day with every one around them eating ice cream all they ate was this lettuce. The kids never once looked aroung and asked her for what everyone else was eating. On one level I felt sorry for the kids but,on the other hand, those kids probably have one healthy diet.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter