cannot for the life of me decide between Trattoria al Forno and Topolino's Terrace

marielynn724

DIS Veteran
I cannot make up my mind for my arrival night dinner. I want to treat myself (this is a solo meal) to something special, so originally thought Topolino's, but the entrees on the menu don't appeal to me that much. Topolino's seems to have leaned into the more French side of Mediterranean as they only have one pasta dish on the menu now and I'm not certain I'll like it. Trattoria's Italian menu appeals to me more, plus I'm staying at the Boardwalk anyway. So I guess the question is - is the Topolino's experience "special" enough to take the skyliner over? I'm so torn between the two choices!!

If it helps, we ate at Trattoria al Forno back in 2022 and my husband still thinks and dreams about their lasagna, lol. And he doesn't really form strong opinions on food that often!

We love Trattoria al Forno. We often take the Skyliner from Pop to go there for dinner, and we have never had a bad meal. I would say go to the restaurant which has the most things on the menu that sound appealing to you. It’s always a good idea to have several options to choose from, than to only have one thing that sounds good only to find it’s no longer there when you arrive.

I personally found Topolino's to be just okay. Not amazing and not bad but definitely not worth the cost. I enjoyed Trattoria al Forno more in terms of food and atmosphere.

With Topolino's, I think you're paying a premium for the view. If you like the Trattoria menu and aren't planning to watch fireworks from the top of Riviera, then I'd go there.

I agree with Trattoria. I did not enjoy my meal at Topolino's enough to justify the price. I will happily pay for the character breakfast, but not dinner. I would have dinner at TAF and a sundae from the Boardwalk Ice Cream:)

Thought the thread was going to be overwhelmingly Topolino so came to try to save face for Trattoria but apparently when people know...they know! Food isn't blow you out of the water great but it's good enough combined with the atmosphere and the price and the convenience to make me eat there at least twice a trip.

I was planning breakfast there on our departure day.

Should I add dinner for a different night?

I have Flying Fish for one dinner in the plans and Ale and Compass for our free day breakfast while at BWV.

We are staying 4 nights at BWV after 5 at BLT.

I cannot make up my mind for my arrival night dinner. I want to treat myself (this is a solo meal) to something special, so originally thought Topolino's, but the entrees on the menu don't appeal to me that much. Topolino's seems to have leaned into the more French side of Mediterranean as they only have one pasta dish on the menu now and I'm not certain I'll like it. Trattoria's Italian menu appeals to me more, plus I'm staying at the Boardwalk anyway. So I guess the question is - is the Topolino's experience "special" enough to take the skyliner over? I'm so torn between the two choices!!
My first choice would definitely be Tratorria.....However if you don't like that then my 2nd & 3rd choices would be Trattoria & Trattoria.... 😉

I was planning breakfast there on our departure day.

Should I add dinner for a different night?

I have Flying Fish for one dinner in the plans and Ale and Compass for our free day breakfast while at BWV.

We are staying 4 nights at BWV after 5 at BLT.
Just my opinion but I think the breakfast is an excellent option there. They have this breakfast pizza...or at least did last year...that is really a great hearty filling breakfast entrée. Trattoria has been our departure day breakfast 2 years in a row.

Since we usually stay at BWV, we tend to have a breakfast and a dinner at Trattoria al Forno every trip. It and Ale & Compass at the Yacht Club are our two favorite mid-tier restaurants on property. With Topolino’s Terrace being a signature restaurant, at a higher price point, we expect more. We find Citricos, Jiko, and Narcoossee’s all to be better value. However, the Topolino’s Terrace breakfast is a favorite for character meals.

I like the view better at Disney Springs outside seating. Food seems the same to me between the two.

Trattoria was terrible the last few times we ate there. If you want better Italian food consider walking over to the Swan and eating at Il Mulino.

I'm in a similar boat, when I head up in June I'll be doing a solo dinner on arrival night, staying at Boardwalk. I'm very familiar with both restaurants and I'm up at Disney a lot being a S. Floridian, so 've well established which restaurants I like the best.

I'll differ from some of the opinions here about Topolino's - it's always been of excellent quality and very enjoyable meals every time I've eaten there (5 times now)...service is excellent, beautiful view, and for me, well worth the price.

Trattoria is fine too - I wouldn't quite put them at the same level of service or food quality as Topolino's but certainly good, and with a more comfortable Italian menu, so it's often been a fallback for me when I either can't get into one of my top favorite spots, or just want a more casual or convenient sit-down meal. There are times I want fancy menus and high-end steaks and such, and times I just want good comfort food (Italian-American food is that for me).

So my first-night reservation in June is booked for Trattoria. And I'm looking forward to it. I can drive up, get my room, unpack, walk over to DHS for a few hours, walk back and have dinner on the Boardwalk, then either head out to Disney Springs, back to DHS before they close, or just back to my room if I'm more tired and relax.

If you like the menu better at Trattoria, no matter how good Topolino's is, it's not worth just eating there for the setting or service and not really enjoying the food selection. Enjoy Trattoria!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter