***Can't keep us down...OFFICIAL MAY 2021 THREAD...come heck or high water we're going to WDW!!!***

I know! But now with this gas shortage and the fact that we were going to drive, the trip might be cancelled for me. I want to cry. Part of me thinks too that they are so comfortable being home that going anywhere seems strange.
So sorry. Trip cancellations are heart breaking. Especially if it is something you personally want (and need). I just moved my June trip to May because something came up in June and I honestly was crushed when I thought it might not happen at all.

I also can understand the feeling of being settled. I was a person who needed to leave the house every day and now I don't leave other than walks for a week at a time and am happy. I am just starting to rediscover the joy of doing things again. It is going to be a transition for many of us!

Hope you end up with whatever is the best outcome for your family for this trip.

We leave on the 28th. I’m going to start packing this weekend. My husband gave me a look when I said that the other day because I have one corner of our bedroom heaped with stuff to take. But I plan to have my kids and myself packed. DH always waits until the morning we leave. I’ve learned to just let him do it his way. He packs while I start loading the car.

We leave on the 28th. I’m going to start packing this weekend. My husband gave me a look when I said that the other day because I have one corner of our bedroom heaped with stuff to take. But I plan to have my kids and myself packed. DH always waits until the morning we leave. I’ve learned to just let him do it his way. He packs while I start loading the car.
Nothing wrong with that. My wife and I had our suitcases down and laid out in our guest room 7 or 8 months before our trip that was supposed to happen in May 2020, and had already started to pack our secondary supplies. Planners gotta plan. 😏

I start the drive on Friday. I'm a little worried about a possible gas shortage due to the pipeline shutdown. I mainly concerned about driving through Georgia/Atlanta, but I think so long as I fill my tank up in Tennessee I'll be fine.

Getting back shouldn't be a problem.

18 days and counting! It's been awhile...last trip to WDW was in 2017, but we did a quick non-park pit stop at the end of 2018. We did do DL a couple years ago for a bit of change, but we are ready to be Home!

Cannot wait!

Staying at Pop since we are traveling with all the boys plus a girlfriend who is actually there now with her family!

Download the app Gas Buddy. Will show you in real-time which stations have gas & which ones are out.

8 days for us!

I am getting nervous about this gas shortage. My kids are driving (I'm flying) in 9 days. I'm about to book flights for them.

I am getting nervous about this gas shortage. My kids are driving (I'm flying) in 9 days. I'm about to book flights for them.
Everything I’ve heard says things should be resolved by this weekend. I’m hoping that yesterday was the worst of the panic buying and hoarding. A friend said there are full tankers ready to go, but they couldn’t even get into the stations to fill them because of the lines. If the flights aren’t close to full, you may want to watch the situation for another 24 hours. Also read that the gas buddy app will show you which stations have gas, so you may want to check that and see what it’s like on their routes.

Just checking in halfway through my trip. It’s been hot 🥵 But I have been having a great time overall, especially because of all the advice from the Disboards. In fact I was so absorbed in Disney I didn’t pay attention to what is going on. Hope the gas shortage doesn’t do harm to those whose trip is coming up. I left my car a quarter full at the airport hotel because I always worry about gas thieves. Hope no one took my gas and that I’ll be able to get some for my 289 mile trip back home. Meanwhile another 4 days of bliss.....

4 more days!!!

Can anyone there now or who just came back tell me about the love bug situation this year? Is it bad? I heard there were swarms a couple years back. If that's the case this year, I need to prep my kids!

4 more days!!!

Can anyone there now or who just came back tell me about the love bug situation this year? Is it bad? I heard there were swarms a couple years back. If that's the case this year, I need to prep my kids!

It’s not been bad. I’ve only seen a few each day. Usually one or two (couples😂) at a time. Never any swarms.

glad to hear the lovebugs aren’t out of control this year! I was worried about that and preparing my sisters for them everywhere. Last time I went in May was 2018 and they were EVERYWHERE, they would constantly fly into my face and I’d have to do a little dance to get away from them. I remember walking into Hollywood studios and the area near the buses were just covered. I’m so glad it’s not like that!
I have three more days to go and I’m trying to keep busy so the days move a little faster!

Is anyone staying at CSR or CBR right now that can give an update on the pool situation, are there waits to get in?

So sorry. Trip cancellations are heart breaking. Especially if it is something you personally want (and need). I just moved my June trip to May because something came up in June and I honestly was crushed when I thought it might not happen at all.

I also can understand the feeling of being settled. I was a person who needed to leave the house every day and now I don't leave other than walks for a week at a time and am happy. I am just starting to rediscover the joy of doing things again. It is going to be a transition for many of us!

Hope you end up with whatever is the best outcome for your family for this trip.
Thank you so much for this. Your kind words mean a lot!

glad to hear the lovebugs aren’t out of control this year! I was worried about that and preparing my sisters for them everywhere. Last time I went in May was 2018 and they were EVERYWHERE, they would constantly fly into my face and I’d have to do a little dance to get away from them. I remember walking into Hollywood studios and the area near the buses were just covered. I’m so glad it’s not like that!
I have three more days to go and I’m trying to keep busy so the days move a little faster!

2018 was supposed to be a record year for them, it was one of the reasons we ended up going in October that year instead.

So funny how we always seem to end up going in October instead of May like we want to...this trip has been moved and changed so many times I swear I won't believe I'm going until I'm sitting on the plane.

2018 was supposed to be a record year for them, it was one of the reasons we ended up going in October that year instead.

So funny how we always seem to end up going in October instead of May like we want to...this trip has been moved and changed so many times I swear I won't believe I'm going until I'm sitting on the plane.
I always joke I have terrible luck, so I wouldn’t be surprised that I went the one year they decided to mass reproduce and over throw WDW lol

I also keep saying it doesn’t feel real until I’m getting off the plane. We’ve both been planning may trips for over a year now, it feels so surreal still!

2 days! 2 DAYS!!!! I’m freaking out. I’ve been packing for a month and I’m worried I’m going to forget something....like deodorant or my toothbrush 😳.
Good news isI got my last outfit in the mail so at least all the clothes are in the suitcase and I will be suitably attired lol

I
Everything I’ve heard says things should be resolved by this weekend. I’m hoping that yesterday was the worst of the panic buying and hoarding. A friend said there are full tankers ready to go, but they couldn’t even get into the stations to fill them because of the lines. If the flights aren’t close to full, you may want to watch the situation for another 24 hours. Also read that the gas buddy app will show you which stations have gas, so you may want to check that and see what it’s like on their routes.
I made the decision and bought them plane tickets. I just don't trust that everything will be fine and don't want them to get in the situation where they have to find gas. I think my son is a bit relieved because he would have been the main driver and they were driving home on Memorial Day. Now that we won't have a car, I some more planning to do

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter