Car Rental - Insurance

Disney.fan

Mouseketeer
We have always declined the insurance offered by the Rental company (typically rent through Alamo) as we book/pay using our Avion Infinite card as it has built in Auto Rental Collision/Loss Damage Waiver insurance. I was just reading through it and noticed it says under the WHAT'S NOT COVERED section: "Third party liability (which means you injure someone else or damage their property in a motor vehicle accident)".

Is this typical of all rental insurance? Do any of you typically get additional/different auto rental insurance that covers this? Thanks for all help/advice :)

While I also use my Infinite Avion to rent vehicles, my auto insurance policy includes specific coverage when I rent (collision and liability). The cost of this is minimal (last time I looked, I think it was about $50/75 annually) and in my view, is well worth it, especially since you are spot on with the coverage not including liability.

As an aside, for those of you who solely rely upon credit card insurance for collision coverage, please take a close look at your policy - you may be in for an unpleasant surprise if the value of the vehicle you have rented exceeds what's a fairly low dollar amount (at least in terms of what cars are selling for in 2023).

For the Infinite Avion card, the policy specifically states that you will not have coverage for "Any vehicle that had a Manufacturer’s Suggested Retail Price (MSRP), excluding all taxes, over sixty-five thousand dollars Canadian ($65,000 CDN) in its model year", as well as exotic cars, vans (other than mini vans) and pick-up trucks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter