Care package help, please

2tinksmom

<font color=green>is your cat female, on the small
We do not have anyone in our family who is in active military duty at this time. I talk to my DDs about supporting our troops and some of the hardships that they have to endure. I would like to send a care package that my girls can help with to a soldier who could use it and distribute to others. Does anyone have an address of a soldier who would be willing and maybe a list of things they would need? This would not be a one time thing with us, we would do it regularly. Thanks!
Michele

You might want to check out this site

http://www.treatsfortroops.com/

You can adopt soldier's through this program. The soldier and or their familes will sign them up and you can even choose a soldier that is from your home state.

Thank you for caring and showing your support. It means a lot to the troops overseas.

auggietina suggestion is excellent (Hi Sue-are ya hanging in OK). You could also check with the National Guard Armory or Reserve Center in you community. They can put you in touch with the Units family support or Family Readiness group who could help you with the information you are looking for.

Thanks so much for your concern and support of our troops, they and we their families do appreciate so much.

Reminder to those with loved ones deployed-PERSEC folks-dont post soldier name, address and unit locations on the public internet-send it through PMs or emails-put it here you tell the bad guys.

Hi there! We are doing ok. Just trying to get thru our first holiday without dh as normally as possible.

2 weeks down, 50 to go

How about you?

Another possibility is the Fischer House's near most major military hospital. Our Fisher House prepares bags to give out to our wounded that get medivac's back, with hygeine items and paper and snacks. Alot of times as they return they don't have anything but basics if that with them. Just another idea!

we are hanging in-70 days down! We are also looking to get by our first holiday alone-but think we will do oK

Thanks for all of your responses...my internet has been out of commission for a few days. I'm glad I now have a starting point! Thanks again!
Michele

http://www.zwire.com/site/news.cfm?newsid=11398905&BRD=2185&PAG=461&dept_id=415898&rfi=6

Sgt. Baker asked for people to send coffee, sugar, creamer, Chunky Soup, peanut
butter, tuna fish (in water), Combos, Oreos (also double stuff), Pennsylvania food like
Tastykakes, Snyders of Hanover and Middleswarth, Ramen noodles and laundry tabs.

He also asked for the magazines, Maxim, FHM, Stuff, Bikers World, Flex, Easyrider and
Hot Bike; a "cheap" tool set with wrenches, a cheap drill set with bits, blank CDs, a
pinochle deck (with rules), black balloons, which he said are "standard for M16, M4
and M249/Large for .50cal machine guns."

1) Beef Jerky
2) Hard Candies (nothing that will melt)
3) Peanuts, Popcorn, Chips etc
4) CD's and Books, Magazines
5) Fruit Cups, Fruit Roll Ups...
6) Baby Wipes
7) Benadryl
8) Gold Bond Powder or any anti-fungal powder
9) WHITE SOCKS (better than gold)!!
10) Is salami possible to send? They need protein.

Peanut Butter is a good idea. Crackers,

Thanks for the response and link to the article...makes me realize how precious each day is to our soldiers over there and how the care packages we send help and that they are appreciated. I found a site called anysoldier.com to send packages to soldiers who will distribute them and the list for items is very similiar. My girls have become very involved...it's amazing how much kids will help when given the chance. My 6yo brought down a huge armful of her favorite stuffed animals because she thought the soldiers would like to have them to sleep with.
Michele

2tinksmom

Your dd is so sweet! And she might not be too far off the mark!

My recent requests from my dh is stuff for his Iraqi children he has become smitten with.

Thanks for your support!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter