Caribbean Beach in May, or Beach Club in September?

Which option would you choose?

• Caribbean Beach in May

Votes: 8 34.8%
  • Beach Club in September

Votes: 15 65.2%

• Total voters

olliesmom

Mouseketeer
Please help us decide between taking a trip to the Caribbean Beach resort in May 2025 or the Beach Club in late September 2025!

We are a family of four and our kids at the time of travel will be 4 and 7. The Beach Club is our absolute favorite resort and we got a great bounceback rate but... Stormalong Bay is closed that month. If we travel in May 2025, hoping for manageable crowds and decent weather, we would be looking at Caribbean Beach as a back-up option. We have stayed there many years ago before the Skyliner was built and at the time we did say it was one resort we didn't plan to return to, but now with kids who would love the pool and the Skyliner, it seems like a good back-up. We did briefly consider the Boardwalk, but have stayed there before and it didn't feel quite as kid-friendly.

Our alternative would be moving the trip later in the year when Stormalong Bay reopens, likely the last week of September as October dates are blacked out from the bounceback offer. Really the only downside here would be September weather, which seems hot, muggy and stormy from what I'm reading!

Without the cost as a consideration, if you had to choose between a stay at CBR in May or Beach Club in September, which would you choose?

Caribbean Beach rooms have been going through a refurb and probably be finished by your trip. Having access to the Skyliner is almost as nice as staying at an Epcot resort. Stormalong bay is scheduled for refurbished through June now instead of the original thru May so September should be ok. I love flower & garden festival best so I would pick May trip at Caribbean

We have this same dilemma for May 2025. We really wanted to stay at Beach Club as it’s our favorite resort. We chose May since we want experience the flower and garden festival for the first time.

We’ve decided to go with another resort (will try to rent points at BWV, if that doesn’t work we will probably go with CBR) and stick with May 2025.

Beach in Sept.

Weather is for a couple hours maybe a day but the trip is longer than that and every time you’re at CBR you’re gonna see something that leaves you longing for BC. If you hadn’t already said you didn’t really wanna return to CBR and you really loved BC I might say give it a whirl- but you know what you like. And the kids will get to enjoy the MK Halloween decor as a bonus!

Resort wise, BC is always a winner hands down since you cannot compare the two properties. I've stayed at both and would pick BC everytime unless it was just absurdly priced. I like CBR but it's a big property. The skyliner is great, when it's up but if it goes down for rain, the transition to bus service to Ep/DHS can be slow. The bus loop to AK/MK gets old after a few days. The perks of CBR are obviously the skyliner, proximity to RIV and some decent onsite dining options. Just based on season, I would pick May to avoid the late summer humidity and potential for tropical storm/hurricane. We've gone in all summer months and the earlier the better. May will be hot but not near as humid as september.

With young children, I would pick CBR in May. May has MUCH better weather and the skyliner is like a "ride" going to the park. Your children are the perfect age for CBR's pool. So many dining choices on-site with both CBR and RIV not to mention a skyliner ride away from AOA/POP and all of the EP resorts.

September weather is just gross in WDW.

With young children, I would pick CBR in May. May has MUCH better weather and the skyliner is like a "ride" going to the park. Your children are the perfect age for CBR's pool. So many dining choices on-site with both CBR and RIV not to mention a skyliner ride away from AOA/POP and all of the EP resorts.

September weather is just gross in WDW.
I agree. We did one September trip and swore we never would do it again.

So we just returned from an April CBR stay... now we were adults but we loved it. We did BC in September 2022... the last week. Same week Ian hit lol we actually moved to AKL the night before it hit).

The pool is very nice at BC, as is the walk to Epcot and DS. But it is a hot ... hot walk in Sept. Also there is no getting away from the chance of a Hurricane. It is unlikely... but.

I would choose CBR in May over BC in Sept. We loved the Flower and Garden (more fun I think for kids then Food and Wine)/Skyliner is gamechanger. We loved being next to Riviera... any chance you could pick Riviera? Honestly I would choose it over just about anywhere (and we own DVC AKL and have a Oct. BWV stay planned). I did not expect to like it but I loved it so much we are looking into buying in there.

Ok good luck lol

We loved being next to Riviera... any chance you could pick Riviera? Honestly I would choose it over just about anywhere (and we own DVC AKL and have a Oct. BWV stay planned). I did not expect to like it but I loved it so much we are looking into buying in there.

We love Riv too! So great there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter