Caribbean Beach Resort FAQ Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
team_honda, if I remember correctly from my December trip, the washers and dryers take $2 in quarters for each load. There is a change machine in the laundry room.

freemore, the easiest way might be to take a bus to the Disney Studios and then take the boat from there to the Boardwalk/Yacht Club. (You don't have to actually enter the Studios to do this - just go directly from the bus stop to the boat dock). You could walk to the Boardwalk area from the Studios if you want to, but the boat ride is nice. We used this system more than once to go from CBR to the ESPN club, which is on Boardwalk property, for lunch.

Just wanted to join in on the latest CBR thread.. safetymom, thanks for all your updates!:goodvibes

don't we all wish we were there?:rolleyes1

We are staying at CBR and wondered if we could take a bus to the boardwalk yacht club area and then walk from there to the epcot entrance by france with a base ticket? I assume you have to take a bus to Disney transportation center and then to one of the properties? We love the boardwalk area but aren't sure of the best way to get there and back from Caribbean resort. thanks
No can do.

There is no direct bus transportation between the resorts, and there is no bus transportation between the resorts and the Transportation & Ticket Center (TTC).

Other than taking a taxi, a good (but MUCH slower) way of getting to the Boardwalk area is taking a bus to Disney's Hollywood Studios (the shortest bus ride from CBR, by the way) and from there walking or taking a FriendShip boat to the Boardwalk area.

Hi!
We're thinking of staying at CBR for the first time, and the main attraction would be the beaches. Are there beaches other than in the main pool area? Thanks for your help!:)
I love CBR, and the beach areas are lovely, so I'm not knocking it, just trying to make sure you don't have unrealistic expectations ....

The beaches are really only cosmetic, meaning they look okay but they are NOT bathing beaches. You can't go in the water. Well, it's okay if you and your kids get your feet wet, but you can't go into the water. Each village's beach is a nice sandy area next to the lake, where the kids can play in the sand and you can relax on a hammock, but it's not exactly a beach, if you know what I mean.

We are staying at CBR 01 Apr-07 Apr. ( Booked with a bounceback from our POR room in January!). We had to book a standard room with the offer. I would like a building or village recommendation for our group. It will be my sister and I with our 3 kids ( 12, 5, 5months). I am going to ask for the first floor so we don't have to lug the stroller up the stairs. But which building or village would be best?

We don't mind walking and I think we would prefer to be out of the fray. I was looking at the map and thought aruba would be good. Is it alwyas better to walk to a certain bus stop in order to ensure a seat ( at least one seat for the mom and baby).

Thanks for any ideas on this...;)

We stayed in the Jamaica village at CBR for two weeks in December, and we were at the bus stop multiple times a day, between coming and going. While we waited for a bus, I paid particular attention to the direction that the buses came from. In virtually every instance, the buses entered CBR from the "back" entrance by Jamaica, making it the first drop-off and first pick-up point. I know that others have said that occasionally the buses come in the front entrance and stop first at Martinique, but from what I observed, it happens fairly seldom. I think your best chance of assuring yourself of a seat would be to request Jamaica, since it seems to be the first stop most of the time.

thanks for the tips.

I have requested first floor, either Aruba or Jamaica and now all we have to do is wait...:)

I know it's a long way to my trip in Dec., but I was just reading some negative comments about CBR.

SafetyMom, (or anyone else for that matter) I know that you rave about this hotel, but have you ever encountered a room here with dirty sheets, shower, carpet or bedspreads? Rude people in the food court or CM's at the front desk?

I'm not very picky, I mean, I'll stay at a Motel 6 for one night if I have to, but that's usually at the rate of $60 or less.

I know that maybe I'm reading too much into this, but I don't want to show up at CBR a few days before Christmas to find a dirty bed. This Christmas is supposed to be special b/c we're spending it at Disney.:santa:

Can you calm my fears?:scared1:

I have never in all my stays at CBR had a problem with the room, food court and front desk.

I travel a lot for business and stay in many hotels and CBR ranks right up there in quality.

We have gone at Christmas many times and had a wonderful time.

I can assure you if I had a problem I would have mentioned it here!

I know it's a long way to my trip in Dec., but I was just reading some negative comments about CBR.

SafetyMom, (or anyone else for that matter) I know that you rave about this hotel, but have you ever encountered a room here with dirty sheets, shower, carpet or bedspreads? Rude people in the food court or CM's at the front desk?

I'm not very picky, I mean, I'll stay at a Motel 6 for one night if I have to, but that's usually at the rate of $60 or less.

I know that maybe I'm reading too much into this, but I don't want to show up at CBR a few days before Christmas to find a dirty bed. This Christmas is supposed to be special b/c we're spending it at Disney.:santa:

I hope I could calm your fears as well. We've stayed there every year since 1993, with the exception of 1 year at the WL. We love the layout, the theme is great. I have never ran into a problem with any CMs, they always have a smile on their face. I have never had a dirty room yet. A few years ago, my DD lost her room key, which was also her park hopper, and she had charging capabilities. I was so upset, I got all my paperwork together and called down to the front desk thinking I was going to have a hard time getting her a new card. The CM was so nice, she said "no problem, we'll have a new card brought up to your room immediately"...WOW, that was easy, 15 minutes later, a CM was at our room with a new card for my DD. I was very pleased. I do have to say, I tip mousekeeping about $5 per day and last year we ended up with soooo many towel animals! It was so funny. The day before we left, the lady who cleaned our room, made me 5 LARGE towel animals and put them on the bed, with a note that said..Please take with you these are for your home. So, I took them with us home, shoved them in everyone's suitcase. I displayed them in our bathroom for a while, now, there just in our linen closet, actually, Iam thinking of bringing them back with us next month! :lmao: We always have a good time, and Iam confident that if there is something wrong, they will fix it immediately. Don't worry, you'll have a great time.;)

If you change your resort from CBR to say a deluxe, maybe the Poly, your going to find the same complaints. I see tons of compliments about CSR, but I would say that it is my least favorite resort so far. And you can see from my sig I've tried quite a few. Everyone has different opinions and standards on everything. I've seen people who complain about how long the bus waits were at certain resorts, but its all just chance. What if you are just having a very lucky week and just happen to catch all the buses for the park your looking to go to within 5 minutes. But maybe you just miss each one by 5 minutes and now have to wait. Its all random! Same goes for the room your going to get, and the mousekeeping service and everything else. Its all random, and if your not happy with something, just politely ask for assistance at the front desk and you should be taken care of. CBR is very nice and I plan to stay there again once there is no construction. You'll love it!

I have to agree with the majority here, the time I stayed at CBR was wonderful. I went solo and had my knee problem, so I needed to stay on ground level floor and near the bus, the CM was so nice everything I asked for was done with a smile. I am seriously thinking of changing my reservations from BC (having tax $ problems) and CBR was the first place I thought of and I think I just might do this. HTH ;) s

I have never in all my stays at CBR had a problem with the room, food court and front desk.

I travel a lot for business and stay in many hotels and CBR ranks right up there in quality.

Ditto. CBR is fantastic.

We stayed in the Jamaica village at CBR for two weeks in December, and we were at the bus stop multiple times a day, between coming and going. While we waited for a bus, I paid particular attention to the direction that the buses came from. In virtually every instance, the buses entered CBR from the "back" entrance by Jamaica, making it the first drop-off and first pick-up point. I know that others have said that occasionally the buses come in the front entrance and stop first at Martinique, but from what I observed, it happens fairly seldom. I think your best chance of assuring yourself of a seat would be to request Jamaica, since it seems to be the first stop most of the time.

Actually it was the complete opposite for us most of the time in September--95% of the time Martinique was the first stop for both pick-up and drop-off. :confused3

Actually it was the complete opposite for us most of the time in September--95% of the time Martinique was the first stop for both pick-up and drop-off. :confused3
Buses for Magic Kingdom and Downtown Disney start at Martinique. Buses for Epcot, Disney's Hollywood Studios and Animal Kingdom start at Jamaica.

I can assure you if I had a problem I would have mentioned it here!

We've stayed at CBR twice --- clean and wonderful both times!! You will LOVE being at CBR!!!:banana:

Can anyone tell me exactly what they are doing to the main pool at CBR??? We had planned on staying here in April but since the main pool was closed we decided not to stay there until it was open again. We've never stayed there before and made the decision that we want to stay there when it's in its full glory :)

This resort looks so beautiful and I know it's not really the "islands", it definitely looks pretty close to the real thing.

Again, I'll agree with the previous posters, we love CBR. I've been there many times and have always had a pleasant stay. :beach:

Never had a dirty room.
Never had unpleasant CMs.

I think it is relaxing, beautiful, the food court (and Shutters) is great. We love the CBR and would reccomend it to anyone. Enjoy!!!!:goodvibes

They are totally redoing the pool area. If you look at the first several posts you will see a picture of the new slide area. There is supposed to be a fort area and a new larger pool.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter