• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Caribbean Beach vs Port Orleans Riverside??

Monk6552

Earning My Ears
I'm doing a solo weekend trip in February (just friday-Sunday) after DH decided he's done enough WDW trips with me! I'm trying to decide between Caribbean Beach and Port Orleans Riverside. I'm planning to spend a decent amount of time at Epcot for festival of the arts. I'm also an AP and hoping to really hop around and hit all four parks - so I'm trying to choose something that's reasonably convenient to all of them. Besides transportation convenience, my other biggest thing is it being quiet enough to sleep at night. Those are both big resorts though so not sure I'd see much difference there.

Price is only about $60 different - so it's not really a factor for me here.

Would love any tips/recommendations!

If you are spending a lot of time at Epcot, I'd probably do Caribbean Beach for the Skyliner. Riverside is one of my favorite resorts and I think it is beautiful, but that Skyliner will make a difference in your case.

Caribbean Beach for sure. The convenience of the Skyliner to Epcot and Hollywood Studios is a game changer. Also, not sure why but the openness and lack of trees/vegetation at CBR would make me feel more comfortable walking around alone. Not that I would feel unsafe anywhere on Disney property.

Same, both beautiful but as Minnie49 said above, much more open at CBR. Plus if you are put closer to Riviera side, you can use that skyliner entrance and I would probably go over there anyway for a QS meal or two.

Plus if you are put closer to Riviera side, you can use that skyliner entrance and I would probably go over there anyway for a QS meal or two.

This is exactly what my family did that made our CBR stay so great! We were in the Aruba building, not even a 5 minute walk from the Riviera skyliner station and hotel lobby, where we could get QSFB downstairs and grab coffee from the bar upstairs. Definitely think CBR is the way to go for a solo trip if you're a big fan of Epcot.

I have no experience with this, but I have seen it on here a bunch, the skyliner tends to go down during Jan-Feb, so maybe check into that before choosing because you might be disappointed if you choose CBR only for the skyliner not to be in use… again, I have no experience with this, but have seen it on here that Jan-Feb is hit or miss during that time and I would hate for you to be disappointed.

Another vote for CBR. The Skyliner is honestly a game changer and proximity to Riviera, plus all the other Skyliner resorts, opens up some great dining options.

Thank you all! I've been convinced - and just booked CBR. I've also never ridden the skyliner before so that seems like a fun perk!

Based on the recs above, I'm going to recommend a room in one of the Aruba buildings to be near the Epcot route. Any suggestions on the best method/timing to do that?

I'm doing a solo weekend trip in February (just friday-Sunday) after DH decided he's done enough WDW trips with me! I'm trying to decide between Caribbean Beach and Port Orleans Riverside. I'm planning to spend a decent amount of time at Epcot for festival of the arts. I'm also an AP and hoping to really hop around and hit all four parks - so I'm trying to choose something that's reasonably convenient to all of them. Besides transportation convenience, my other biggest thing is it being quiet enough to sleep at night. Those are both big resorts though so not sure I'd see much difference there.

Price is only about $60 different - so it's not really a factor for me here.

Would love any tips/recommendations!
Just read on another post that the main pool at Caribbean Beach will be closed for refurbishment Jan-March, if that’s important to you. CBR has nice quiet pools as well.

We just stayed at CBR and we were in Jamaica - such a quick and easy walk to the Skyliner. It was perfect for the trips to Epcot and Hollywood Studios. We also ate at Toppolino's Terrace for dinner at the Riviera and it was so nice to be a quick ride away so we could change before dinner.

I have no experience with this, but I have seen it on here a bunch, the skyliner tends to go down during Jan-Feb, so maybe check into that before choosing because you might be disappointed if you choose CBR only for the skyliner not to be in use… again, I have no experience with this, but have seen it on here that Jan-Feb is hit or miss during that time and I would hate for you to be disappointed.
You were right on the money. I have a January trip and I'm booked at CBR and Skyliner will be down for refurbishments our entire trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter