• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

Carly and Kyle's PJ: (01/08/09) WP + GF

Great Job Carly! I love the mickey head - that was a lot of work and I think the end result was worth it! I think where you have it in the corner is the ideal spot! Hope your cold improves quickly! (By the way - I have read your blog - you do a great job! I love all of the things you find to share with your readers!)

I like the sparkly mickey. I like it in the corner... very nice. I think the postcard idea for your rsvps in cool too! good luck with all your plans.... and congrats about your blog:goodvibes

Sorry you are feeling under the weather. And wow 3 hrs cutting.. i love it down in the corner where you have it .

I love the invitations, the mickey head is so cute!!!! I would leave it in the bottom corner. More power to you for cutting out all those little circles I would have stopped after the 10th one.

That's so cool! I desperately wanted one of Kyle's groomsmen to get ordained and marry us because I wanted to save the money AND the guy is a theater-type person, so I thought he'd be perfect. All of our parents balked at the idea, though. Not getting married in a church was one thing, but...

Of course, when you think about it, you get to share this special, amazing thing with your BFF and I get to share it with Rev. Kev, who I wouldn't know from Adam! :laughing:

My Dad had a bit of an issue of my BFF doing it. My parents were married at the courthouse. Whatev...LOL

It is our wedding and we want it to be fun and shared with our family and friends. I couldn't decided on an Orlando officiant. It just seemed so impersonal. We want to have a personalized ceremony and be in charge of the whole ceremony, not pick from a standard ceremony. So :thanks: again!!!

Congrats on being chosen on the WeddingBee. I don't follow that site, but I need to go look you up as I love your blog. :thumbsup2

I got Kyle sick so we've been having some quiet evenings in lately. I spent last night working on the invitation inserts for our WDW guests. Basically, the people who are invited to our celebration in WDW are getting an extra card in their invitation so that they can RSVP to the WDW celebration separately. It's all quite complicated, but it had to be done this way. The invitation really is just a vehicle for the extra RSVP card. It doesn't have the time or place or anything on it (unusual for an invite, I know) because I'm going to be sending each of the guests who RSVP a packet in December which outlines everything that's going to be happening in Florida. I just needed something little to let them know that they were invited to the wedding.

So, I thought about just adding a little card that said they were invited to the wedding and asking them to RSVP by phone or email, but I was worried that everyone would think that the RSVP request didn't apply to them because surely we know that they're coming. I do have a general idea of who is coming, but I want those RSVPs nonetheless.

After shopping around, I found the solution. In the printer/pre-made/template/thingies aisle I found a bunch of make-your-own greeting card kits. One in particular was just an standard piece of cardstock that had a fold running down the middle one way and a perforated edge running down the middle the other way. The idea is that you print out half-sheet size cards and then tear at the perforated edge to make two cards per sheet. I got them and then cut along the fold so that I had a bunch of cards with perforated edges running down the center fold. Why? Just keep reading...

4612ba4c.jpg

Once I had all my landscape-style cards, I printed out a bunch of 4x5 photos from the negatives that the Roots gave us. Most of them were teacups and the castle, but I added a handful of the coaster photo because some people had requested it. I attached the photos to the front of the card using double-sided scrapbook tape and voila! Photo cards.

0b1c3e23.jpg

On the inside of the card I wrote a brief message stating that this was an invitation to our WDW celebration. I could have printed them all, but I thought that a handwritten invitation might be a little more personal. Of course, since I had to write out about fifty of them, I probably should have had them printed. Oh well.

e11285b3.jpg

On the other side I made a little postcard RSVP. The recipients simply need to detach the front of the card at the perforated edge and then send it back with their response. (I still need to add postcard stamps, but I haven't been out to the post office yet)

08cf34c4.jpg

Hopefully this will be easy enough for everyone. I suppose they have the option of tearing off the photo on the front before they send it back but we'll probably get most of them back in one piece. I'm hoping that the people who tear off the photo at least draw a happy picture before they send it in the mail.

I thought about doing something elaborate on the envelope, but in the end I just put everyone's names and added a couple of little dots. I have a ton of those little dots left over from cutting the Mickeys out of the ribbon, because I kept accidentally cutting out the smallest circles instead of the medium and large ones that I actually needed. I added a couple of the smallest circles to the outside of the envelopes to pull everything together.

3be50cd5.jpg

The invites will tuck in to the pocket of the full invitation, with everything else. Those pockets are actually getting a touch full. Hopefully the invitations won't be $7 each when it finally comes time to mail them!

43811614.jpg

All the invites are scheduled to go out on Nov 1 and I still need to do reception cards for the at-home receptions and get everything all printed out and assembled. Aaaah!

omg wow you are sooo crafty, how do you find the time to do all of this? ahh wait, it was the cold... wasn't it? lol :) Aww. I neglect to do so much for my wedding, thank God for my Mom! You have the greatest and cutest ideas. I love it all!! :) Love reading.. and I love seeing all the personalization you put in to everything!

Introduction:

My DF and our on the waitlist for the GF, but I am wondering if there is more than one ballroom or do you have them all for your reception? For example, if someone else has a wedding the same day same time, can we be in one ballroom and them in another or is it one wedding reception at the GF at a time?

Thanks!

There is more than one ballroom and I'm sure they have multiple events going on at once. I know we're using C/D, but there's at least four other big rooms that I can think of.

I just got a chance to read through your PJ after seeing so many of your posts on other threads. Your invitations look great and I love all the personal touches with your photos and the handwritten notes for RSVPs. It looks like you've put a lot of time and energy/love into everything. I have to say that I absolutely love your engagement shots too :cool1:

Another totally random thing happened tonight- I was searching for the address to mail our wedding invitation to WDW since I had sent it to Disneyland earlier this year. Somehow it brought up your blog where I had visited a few times before. Anyway, the terms I used on Google brought up a posting from March which happened to show some images I recognized :cutie: They were shots from the bridal tea at the GF. I told DH look it's my pictures :cheer2: I definitely don't mind that you used them. It's so funny to come across it in such a random way so many months later :goodvibes

Vanessa~

Hi! I don't know how I missed this comment until just this second. I'm so bad about keeping up to date on this site! Yes, I definitely stole some of your pictures and posted them. I actually wanted to post some more with the peoples in them, but I figured you might not want to be flashed all over my site. I actually want to spotlight your bridal tea one of these weekends because it's my favorite of all the ones I've seen. Your tea is the reason I'm having one! :goodvibes

Vanessa~

Hi! I don't know how I missed this comment until just this second. I'm so bad about keeping up to date on this site! Yes, I definitely stole some of your pictures and posted them. I actually wanted to post some more with the peoples in them, but I figured you might not want to be flashed all over my site. I actually want to spotlight your bridal tea one of these weekends because it's my favorite of all the ones I've seen. Your tea is the reason I'm having one! :goodvibes

I'm so glad that I was able to convey how much fun we had and that my story inspired you to have a tea too! :cheer2: Let me know if you have any questions about the tea and I look forward to reading more of your posts about it. At this point, it probably wouldn't have mattered if you used shots with people, they're already out for everyone in cyber world to see :rotfl:

YES! Invitations are almost done!!! We're at like 70-80%, people! Booyah!!!!!

d8f55367.jpg

Aren't they lovely? The little Mickey heads just make the whole thing. I printed the invitation itself and the reception cards on off-white cardstock and then got to work with my paper cutter.

2960a93a.png

1b8fa3ce.png

ddc2e80e.png

d6e15f28.jpg

I designed the cards to stack nicely in the pocket and to peek out over the engagement photo and vintage-postcard-RSVP. I was worried that they would look silly if they were all the same height. Voila!

c4508229.jpg

The one thing that I wasn't counting on was that those 4 things actually took up most of the pocket, so the separate invitations for our WDW guests didn't fit very well. I didn't really want to jam them in there, so I think I'm just going to set the separate invitation on top of the other invitation and fold it up, like so:

fc1398f8.jpg

It's not like it's going to go anywhere all folded up. I don't have a pic of the finished product with the belly bands and seals (just you wait) but this is pretty much what our invitations are going to look like. It is SUCH A RELIEF to have most of this done. I absolutely cannot wait until they are all gone for real. I think that I might move the actual mailing date to Nov 8th, because of the RSVP setback, but that still puts them going out 2 months before the wedding, which is a lot better than I would have predicted a couple of days ago.

Finished them! Here is the whole project:

We had two different kinds of invitations: Full invitations and half invitations. (Total cost w/ postage was about $400-$500 for 150 invitations)

FULL INVITATIONS:

d8f55367.jpg

I got pearlized blue Envelopements 5 x 7 pocket folders from a local store here in Ohio. I strongly recommend that you order them over the internet if you can, because I think I got ripped off.

I made a Mickey head embellishment for each out of some ribbon I bought at Costco. I took a long time to cut out all those circles and glue them to the pocket folds, but I think it was worth it in the end.

87bad632.jpg

deedfed1.jpg

32428f57.jpg

409e4639.jpg

I made the actual invitation part and the reception cards for our two "at home" receptions in Microsoft Word and then printed them out on cream cardstock using our color printer.

2960a93a.png

I used Google Maps to make the maps on the reception cards.

ddc2e80e.png

1b8fa3ce.png

c4508229.jpg

The RSVPS are vintage Disney postcards purchased off of eBay. I handwrote the RSVP on the back of each.

pc-cind-1.jpg

100_4359.jpg

Most were blank but I covered up the ones that had writing on them by sticking them to a 8.5 x 10 label and trimming them.

81bc3460.jpg

I also had some of those postcard souvenir books that are just 26 color pictures and I trimmed them and glued them to cardstock to make RSVPS.

eade497d.jpg

We also included a copy of our engagement picture. Originally we stamped our names on the back, but the ink smeared and ran, so we ended up covering them up with sticker gift tags from Target.

100_4360.jpg

0ba20cb5.jpg

Guests who are invited to our WDW reception as well as the two "at home" receptions got a separate invitation, which was placed in the middle of the folder. To make them, I used a bunch of make-your-own greeting card kits. One in particular was just an standard piece of cardstock that had a fold running down the middle one way and a perforated edge running down the middle the other way. The idea is that you print out half-sheet size cards and then tear at the perforated edge to make two cards per sheet. I got them and then cut along the fold so that I had a bunch of cards with perforated edges running down the center fold.

4612ba4c.jpg

Once I had all my landscape-style cards, I printed out a bunch of 4x5 photos from the negatives that the Roots gave us. Most of them were teacups and the castle, but I added a handful of the coaster photo because some people had requested it. I attached the photos to the front of the card using double-sided scrapbook tape.

0b1c3e23.jpg

On the inside of the card I wrote a brief message stating that this was an invitation to our WDW celebration. I could have printed them all, but I thought that a handwritten invitation might be a little more personal. Of course, since I had to write out about fifty of them, I probably should have had them printed. Oh well.

e11285b3.jpg

On the other side I made a little postcard RSVP. The recipients simply need to detach the front of the card at the perforated edge and then send it back with their response.

08cf34c4.jpg

I had a ton of those little dots left over from cutting the Mickeys out of the ribbon, because I kept accidentally cutting out the smallest circles instead of the medium and large ones that I actually needed. I added a couple of the smallest circles to the outside of the envelopes to pull everything together.

fc1398f8.jpg

To finish the full envelopes, I wrapped a piece of the ribbon I used for the Mickey heads around the outside and sealed it with a Martha Stewart crafts sticker...

53cc7469.jpg

6d14313d.jpg

...before putting them into pearlized cream envelopes and hand addressing them with a blue sparkly pen. Ta da!

39ffe0f7.jpg

HALF INVITATIONS:

Totally bought a print-at-home kit at Target and used it for the people who are only invited to one of our three receptions.

4835bd43.jpg

I also cut costs by using Moo cards with our wedding address on them instead of engagement cards.

289ea126.jpg

If you ask me, they're almost as cute as the other ones and I did these ones in about ten minutes!

Lil' update:

We leave on Saturday and TG tomorrow is a holiday because otherwise we'd be in trouble. All you planning brides out there: GET STUFF DONE EARLY! As of right now I still need to finish our flowers, bustle + steam my dress, buy about a million things, write our vows, and figure out what we're doing about programs/seating cards/table numbers/parent gifts/thank yous for vendors/last minute payments...

The worst part is that so much of this stuff could have been finished MONTHS ago but I put it off, thinking that it was silly to rush around and finish everything early.

But, I have to admit that I am non-stop cheerful because in one week I'll be having my wedding rehearsal. How awesome is that?!

Carly-- I have been thinking of you so often and sending huge good vibes! I know everything will be absolutely wonderful for you because you have worked so hard on every little detail. Have fun these next couple of days. Don't worry -- everything will get done! :hug:

Just wanted to send you best wishes for wedding this week! I stumbled upon your planning blog awhile back, which is actually how I found out about the DISboards web site in the first place. I was so impressed with your creativity and your willingness to share your ideas and experiences. I know that you guys are going to have the time of your lives! Can't wait to see how everything turned out!

MinnieMickeyWedding.gif

Carly -- I'll be swamped today with trying to get ready to get out of here and tomorrow we'll be traveling, so I wanted to seize the opportunity to wish you and Kyle an absolutely perfect day tomorrow. I will be thinking of you! :hug:

AHH OMG!!! I hope you are having a blast. I just found this!!! love your invites and I am such a fan of your E-pics....too cute!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter