CARNIVAL VS DCL: The discussion and comparison thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Land & Sea?

The Sunshine is leaving from Port Canaveral... ;)
It does, and so will the Breeze. I was going to do a 5-night on Sunshine plus a couple Disney days but kiddo didn't like that it made the trip one day shorter than doing a 7-night cruise. We do plan to do a week next year in August of just Disney. If we can get a good deal (free dining? fingers crossed!).

So jealous that’s tomorrow! :cool1: I’m eager to hear how you like the ship, I know it’s different than any of the others and I’d like to give it a try in the near future!

This will be our 2nd time on Vista as we did a Med cruise in her inaugural season. We enjoyed the ship with the exception of the terribly designed main theatre and comedy club. The best part is Matt Mitcham. He makes me a cougar

20180602_110113-2080x1170.jpg Picture: This beauty is the Veendam, docked in the Old Port of Montreal.

I guess we can never get enough cruises. DH and I are currently contemplating going on a Canada & New England cruise departing from our hometown, Montreal. However, I think only Holland America do it. I googled their ships. They look amazing (!!!) and if you book last minute, they have pretty amazing deals (400$/pp for an inside cabin for the one that was departing yesterday!) ...

We decided to sacrifice 1/3 of our usual "date night" weekly budget and put it into savings in order to try to squeeze one more cruise in next years schedule. We don't know if it's going to work but we want to try.

Last edited:
The wait is driving me crazy.

Going for a little getaway in Quebec soon but it's definitely not the same.

Screenshot_2018-06-05-07-58-58-720x1280.png

Last edited:

Hey everyone! I’ve been trying to post some pictures but my files are too large! Just docked in La Romana and waiting for the call to disembark! The ship is great, crew is fantastic and we are getting loads of rest!

There's a "Photo & Picture Resizer" app on android (if you have an android cellphone) that I installed, I reduce all my pics to 50% and I can post them here. :)

I wasn’t impressed with Atlantis. My wife and I had wanted to take a week long trip there for years until we were there for a day on our Dream cruise in 2011. We’re very happy we didn’t waste the money on a trip specifically to Atlantis. The food was amusement park quality, service was lacking and the grounds weren’t as clean as they show on commercials. The one great thing was the lazy river, it was fantastic.

DH and I had booked the Atlantis Beach Day after all for our next cruise (in October)... However, what you and others said about Atlantis was still in the back of my mind. I just did extensive research and watched many videos. Honestly, I think you are right. It doesn't look like the commercials at all.

So I just announced to my husband that I reinvested the excursion money in cruise cash that way each of us will have enough money to cover 2 drinks of per day. He is absolutely overjoyed. :drinking1

DH and I had booked the Atlantis Beach Day after all for our next cruise (in October)... However, what you and others said about Atlantis was still in the back of my mind. I just did extensive research and watched many videos. Honestly, I think you are right. It doesn't look like the commercials at all.

So I just announced to my husband that I reinvested the excursion money in cruise cash that way each of us will have enough money to cover 2 drinks of per day. He is absolutely overjoyed. :drinking1

In Nassau we usually walk over to the Hilton British Colonial. It's pretty close to port. I think it's gone up in price since I was there (was only $50 when I was there last), but it includes money towards food/drinks and use of the beach, pool, and kayaks. You can see the ships, we watched an NCL cruise spin around and back in while we were there. There may be other places as well? I liked it because we could walk there easily so no extra taxi costs. There is a free beach near the Hilton I think, but I've read mixed reviews. Either way, I'm sure you will have more fun there than I will at work! :)

In Nassau we usually walk over to the Hilton British Colonial. It's pretty close to port. I think it's gone up in price since I was there (was only $50 when I was there last), but it includes money towards food/drinks and use of the beach, pool, and kayaks. You can see the ships, we watched an NCL cruise spin around and back in while we were there. There may be other places as well? I liked it because we could walk there easily so no extra taxi costs. There is a free beach near the Hilton I think, but I've read mixed reviews. Either way, I'm sure you will have more fun there than I will at work! :)

Oh yeah. Definitely beats work. LOL

I think we'll try to take advantage of the ship's pool in the morning... And maybe play trivia during the afternoon. My husband LOVES it and was disappointed that we did not get to play a game during our last cruise.

:)

Totally out of subject question: Does anybody here own stocks from either DCL, Carnival Corp and/or Royal Caribbean? How do they perform?

I wanted to have a little fun... and I think I covered every single cruise lines I could ever sail on! :rotfl2:

Totally out of subject question: Does anybody here own stocks from either DCL, Carnival Corp and/or Royal Caribbean? How do they perform?

I wanted to have a little fun... and I think I covered every single cruise lines I could ever sail on! :rotfl2:

Carnival stock. It's taken a slight dip lately but nothing serious. I love the perks (OBC - $50 for short cruises / $100 for 7-13 night cruises / $250 for 14+ night cruises) as long as you own 100 shares.

Disney stock here. Overall Disney Company so really can't say how the DCL part performs on it's own. Disney stock has gone from $41/share when I first got it to now it was over $120/share a bit ago. Just closed at $103 this week.

Disney stock here. Overall Disney Company so really can't say how the DCL part performs on it's own. Disney stock has gone from $41/share when I first got it to now it was over $120/share a bit ago. Just closed at $103 this week.

Bought at 99$! :)

RCCL stocks are at 103$! They are obviously doing very well. Bought one too. My goal is, as time goes buy and wallet permits, to buy more of DCL-RCCL & Carnival.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter