Carthay Circle, Blue Bayou, Carnation Cafe : Which is a "must"?

Blue Bayou is the most unique experience of the 3 choices you have, but it is hit or miss. Went with a big family group (6 adults, 5 kids), and while many of the adults absolutely loved it, the pre-school age kids were a bit creeped out at the dark. I'd go back again with just adults, especially to go waterside. It really is unique in that regard, but as others have said if you set your expectations high there it will likely disappoint. Carthay Circle on the other hand is a great place with the added bonus of wine, but it isn't quite as unique as the BB experience. Either way you are likely to have a good time.

Carnation Cafe is a fabulous place considering value, but it really isn't in the same class as those others. If you are able, it would be worth it to squeeze it in too!

I will not eat at Carnation again. The food and restaurant was boring and basic. I would rather eat at Bengal BBQ or have a turkey leg any day of the week. BB hit or miss, and I would likely have to drag my husband back there kicking and screaming. Carthay is consistent and delicious. The food is always new and different, and I always enjoy myself in that lovely space. It's a drag that the lounge has been so busy lately because that really cuts into the ability to have a nice cocktail before dinner.

If F! is back by your trip dates, I would do BB for the F! dining package. We've had hit or miss meals there for the food and service, but have learned by experience what to order and how to order to get what we like, the way we like it. The F! package at BB is our favorite of the 3 offered.
If no F!, then CCR. We almost always have a good meal and good service there, lunch or dinner. Again, we know what to ask for, where we like to be seated, and which servers to ask for. As mentioned above, the lounge and bar are good, too. We've had memorable meals in the bar -- the servers and bartenders are great fun.
Carnation Cafe can be great fun. The meals are very home style, not fancy. But when seated on the patio while the parade is going by or when with a group, the atmosphere can be quite convivial and the servers are very eager to please. We also enjoy starting our day at CC with breakfast on the patio, watching the vehicles go by on Main Street.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter