Cash Ressie on weekend

lundve

DIS Veteran
We have recently made a cash ressie for the weekend portion of our 1 BR stay at OKW in September. The difference was too good to pass up ($260/per night versus 40 points) and we need the points for a family trip in May. We are planning on going from a Wednesday to a Wednesday. My question is will I have to check out and change rooms on Friday and Sunday or will they let us stay?

If you made the cash reservation through MS then they can link the reservations together. They have done this is the past for me and we didn't have to move.

If you made the reservation through CRO, then they cannot be linked and you may have to move.

So I called MS today. With the member discount it would cost $35 more total for booking the same two nights. Is that worth it to be guaranteed not to move or should we just cross our fingers and hope we get to stay put so we can use the $35 for souvenirs?

So I called MS today. With the member discount it would cost $35 more total for booking the same two nights. Is that worth it to be guaranteed not to move or should we just cross our fingers and hope we get to stay put so we can use the $35 for souvenirs?

Are you getting the Dining Plan, as that will make a difference.

I would pay the extra $35. It's worth it to me to be sure I wouldn't have to change rooms and be homeless from 11AM to 4PM.

I would pay the extra 35 --if thise peices do not include tax though you are getting very close to what you can expect if you rent the points.
You other option is to down grade to a studio as it sleeps the same number of people.. since you may be homeless anyway.

We book cash ressie everytime for Friday & Saturday night. We have never had to move and we book our trips through member services...Don't know if this helps or not.

With the member discount it would cost $35 more total for booking the same two nights. Is that worth it to be guaranteed not to move ...
If you want to pay cash for the weekend, the $35 is clearly worth it in my opinion. Remember, you may have to move twice.. :eek:

MG

We are in the same situation and I had MS link the reservations for us. My numbers are a bit different than yours though (may have to do with travel dates), but if I book with CRO using AP, then it would save me $22 over the DVC discount. And for $22...I'm staying put.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter