Caskbill DVC-Tracker Expert Needed

Marshay

I'm Goofy for Mickey.
I'm having difficulty putting in my SSR Dec 2007 contract with Bonus 2006 points into the DVC-Tracker. The "Set Bonus Points Received" is greyed out on my computer so I can't access this on my contract (although I can access the other two Set buttons).

So I created a contract starting in 2006 instead but I think that has messed up my points b/c now I can't assign my 2006 points to my 2007 ressies...

I was going to delete everything and start over but wanted to get advice on how I set up my 2007 Dec UY Contract at SSR for 165 points with bonus 165 points from 2006.

Many, many thanks!

The real expert is Caskbill and he is currently away with limited internet access.

You can try sending him an email , but you might want to start with a fresh database and re-enter your information. I'd enter everything up to that point - and save the file - then try to add the bonus points and see if you get a different result. If not, you can always go back to the saved file until you hear from Bill.

Caskbill has several excellent DVC programs available at www.caskbill.com .

Enjoy!

Caskbill will still be away for awhile longer, but should have internet access this weekend. I'll point him to your question.

I think you can set it up as 2006, bank all points using override to 2007, then book ressie with it. I did that with my Aug 07 addon with bonus.

I'm having difficulty putting in my SSR Dec 2007 contract with Bonus 2006 points into the DVC-Tracker. The "Set Bonus Points Received" is greyed out on my computer so I can't access this on my contract (although I can access the other two Set buttons).

So I created a contract starting in 2006 instead but I think that has messed up my points b/c now I can't assign my 2006 points to my 2007 ressies...

I was going to delete everything and start over but wanted to get advice on how I set up my 2007 Dec UY Contract at SSR for 165 points with bonus 165 points from 2006.

Many, many thanks!

How do you folks with more experience in using DVC-Tracker handle a waitlisted reservation? :confused3 Is there a built-in way that I've missed?

Thanks for the pointers...I'm going to uninstall everything and then re-install and start over completely...hopefully, my "Set Bonus" button will work this time, or I'll figure out what I did wrong.

:goodvibes

OK, just uninstalled the program and deleted all my previous data and tried again.

This time I set up my contract as if I bought in 2006 and didn't get any bonus points (since the SET UP bonus Points still is not accessible to me on my Main Contract...it did show up when I had an add-on contract...) I kept my 2006 pts to use this year in Sept 2007 and borrowed from my 2007 pts and now everything is good (although technically, NOT accurate) but I am not changing anything since I already put my updates in.

Will need to play around with this for my 90 days and then decide whether to purchase more.

One last question -- is the price to access all features a one-time or annual price? I assume one-time fee...

Thanks all!

Finally am on line for awhile. DW and myself have been in Florida for a couple of weeks now, 1st at Satatoga Springs and then at OKW. Today off site for the weekend at the Hilton, which has free high speed.

DVC_John is my brother. He was at Bonita Springs FL and knew we were at OKW and knew our schedule, which is why he knew when we'd finally have internet access.

The DVC-Tracker program bonus points feature was originally designed to reflect the SSR bonus points awarded for an SSR add-on contract. Thus it only worked when making an add-on purchase. That's why it wasn't available for a new contract purchase. I'll change the program for the final release version to allow assigning bonus points for a new master contract.

DVC-tracker will be totally free for tracking up to 300 points. If anyone wants to upgrade the program to activate the bonus feature, or to go to higher contract levels, the fees for those is strictly a one time fee, not an annual fee.

For those using pre-release version 1.75, please note that it expires august 1st. Unfortunately due to a number of reasons, I'm not going to have the final release ready by then, so instead there will be another interim pre-release, version 1.76, which won't expire until Jan 31, 2008. Hopefully by then the final release version will be ready, and those of you who have been using the interim pre-release program can finally import your data into the final program.

Interim Pre-release Version 1.76 does have all the Animal Kingdom points and room types included so you can record those reservations. V1.76 will be available for download sometime after June 28th and before Aug 1st.

If anyone has any personal questions feel free to PM myself. Thanks.

Caskbill

How do you folks with more experience in using DVC-Tracker handle a waitlisted reservation? :confused3 Is there a built-in way that I've missed?
There's no built-in feature to pre-record a wait list. The logbook feature could be used as a reminder.

If a waitlist comes through, the intent was to simply make the new reservation, and cancel the old reservation if there was one. The cancel a reservation feature does have an override feature to use when a waitlist is used, so that the program does not assign the cancelled reservation's points to a holding account.

I'll look at what it might take to put in a wait-list feature to record a wait list at the time a reservation is first requested, then just have a button to click if the wait list comes through, and the program could carry out the full transaction of using the points and making the reservation final.

Thanks for the idea.

Bill

I'll look at what it might take to put in a wait-list feature to record a wait list at the time a reservation is first requested, then just have a button to click if the wait list comes through, and the program could carry out the full transaction of using the points and making the reservation final.

Thanks for the idea.

Bill

That would be awesome! Now that I have multiple contracts DVC-tracker has become indispensible. :worship: Thanks!

The DVC-Tracker program bonus points feature was originally designed to reflect the SSR bonus points awarded for an SSR add-on contract. Thus it only worked when making an add-on purchase. That's why it wasn't available for a new contract purchase. I'll change the program for the final release version to allow assigning bonus points for a new master contract.

Caskbill

Ah, that explains what happened to me since SSR was my first contract and I got bonus points. Thanks so much for your response and your time on this program. I like both the planner and tracker and find them very useful!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter