Castaway Cay docking stats

I am the poster who revived this thread (when it looked like our odds were terrible a week out) and thought it was worth updating to note that we did make it to CC (making me 6/6), arrived on time, and had a lovely day with great weather (though it was a bit chilly in the AM).

We have done 6 cruises that went to CC, and on only one of them the wind was so bad that the island was closed. The Captain got there at night so we could dock, but it was decided that the next day that it would be closed. It was kind of weird as we were moored there the entire night.

Super interesting thread for sure! We have been 3 for 3 for getting to stop at castaway HOWEVER, 1 of our stops I do know they cancelled a lot of activities due to high winds so I'd assume we got lucky that day.
It's not always about wind speed. It's the direction of the wind, and also the direction/strength of the current that affects docking. A windy day alone doesn't necessarily mean there's risk of docking at CC.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter