castaway cay parasailing questions

Rock'n Robin

Disney Queen
Hope someone can help me out with this one. I have promised DD#1 can parasail if she gets straight As and want to book it now (I'll cancel if she doesn't). She is 11 and weighs a little over 100. All the literature says that she must be accompanied by me--does this mean I can ride in the boat for free or do I have to pay $70 as well? If I do I'll just go with her--is a tandem parasail $140? If I just need to be there and don't have to pay I'll skip the ride.
I weigh 180 so we are under the limit--just hope they can get us airborne if we do it together!;)
Robin M.

I believe to get on the boat you have to pay the full price. There isn't space for anyone to ride for free. It is up to the operators to decide at that time if you go up together or separately. On our boat there was a couple who wanted to go up together but based on the wind etc. at the time we were doing it they had to go up separately.

Hope this helps.

yes, you must pay to ride on the boat. I thought the web site at one time said that the weight restriction was that you had to be 85 pounds, but i could be off on that.

Thanks for the clarification. That just isn't clear in any of my literature--I thought that if she wanted to go I just had to be there as well. If I'm going to pay I'm going to parasail! The weight restrictions I've seen are over 80 lb. and under 375--together we're about (gulp) 280.
Robin M.

As the previous posts indicated, you will have to pay. She DOES meet the weight requirement, but noone under the age of 13 is allowed to go up by themself. You will have to go tandem with her. I went tandem with my DD in January, and it was a lot of fun.

So if my 2 kids (12 and 9) both want to do this, I'll have to go up tandem with each of them, right? If this is the case, will I have to pay twice for myself? This could get awfully expensive!! :eek:

Originally posted by krhardy
As the previous posts indicated, you will have to pay. She DOES meet the weight requirement, but noone under the age of 13 is allowed to go up by themself. You will have to go tandem with her. I went tandem with my DD in January, and it was a lot of fun.

We had a 12 yo girl on our boat go up alone. Due to the winds they wouldnt let anyone go up together. The girl went up first and then her father went after her.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter