Cat owners: I'd like your non judging feedback as to what you think I should do

You, as the human, need to decide whether your cat is indoor only or indoor-outdoor. Then you need to enforce that consistently. It sounds like what’s driving both you and your cat crazy is the inconsistency. Not saying it’ll be easy because it won’t be, but that’s the decision you have to make for the both of you.

Getting another cat may or may not work out. Some cats truly are loners and will not accept another cat. The ones I have now are ok together, but in the past I had a cat who would not accept any other cat. Period. He was brutal in his opposition. Brutal. I had to rehome a kitten I got thinking he needed a pal. He didn’t.

Good luck. Cats are such sweet, opinionated, loving, manipulative goofballs/jerks. I love ‘em. They make me crazy.

You, as the human, need to decide whether your cat is indoor only or indoor-outdoor. Then you need to enforce that consistently. It sounds like what’s driving both you and your cat crazy is the inconsistency. Not saying it’ll be easy because it won’t be, but that’s the decision you have to make for the both of you.

Getting another cat may or may not work out. Some cats truly are loners and will not accept another cat. The ones I have now are ok together, but in the past I had a cat who would not accept any other cat. Period. He was brutal in his opposition. Brutal. I had to rehome a kitten I got thinking he needed a pal. He didn’t.

Good luck. Cats are such sweet, opinionated, loving, manipulative goofballs/jerks. I love ‘em. They make me crazy.
I was consistent for 6 months and I only let her out for 6 weeks when I then decided enough is enough and have not let her out since before I start this thread but I'm still being inconsistent?

I was consistent for 6 months and I only let her out for 6 weeks when I then decided enough is enough and have not let her out since before I start this thread but I'm still being inconsistent?
I think, don't want to speak for someone else, but if you broke your streak of 6 mos. that is enough to do it. Cats are very ROUTINE....any break in that is enough to set them back. I really think folks who have replied are really just trying to help. Yes, it's frustrating...and sometimes you think it will never end and then if finally does and you can have a nice calm household again. I'm not sure there are any more suggestions out there. Every cat is so unique and their personalities are all so different.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter