Catamaran Sail and Snorkeling - tips?

Marshmelo

DIS Veteran
I have booked the Catamaran Sail and Snorkeling excursion at Nassau and was wondering if anyone has any tips for this? Should I wear my swimsuit under my clothes and just carry ID/water/sunblock etc. in a day bag to leave on the boat while snorkeling? I just want to show up for the excursion prepared and was wondering what everyone else does. Thanks! :)

Hi Marshmelo,

We just did this excursion in June and we had a great time. I would definitely wear swimsuits. They have a bathroom but nowhere to chage and it was quite crowed.

Bring your own snorkel equipment if you have. We had some trouble with the masks staying on really tight.

They have water on board (little cups), but if you want to bring your own, buy the bottles on board because the bottles that are sold at port can be pricey.

Sit up front near the nets so you'll have extra leg room.

We didn't have any problems with people touching our bags, but you might want to invest in the plastic box that is waterproof and hangs around your neck. This is great to take everywhere for your cash, drivers license and KTTW cards. They sell these on the ship. I also brought a safety pin to secure it to my bathingsuit top. Last year at CC, when I removed my life vest I pulled it off and didn't notice I had dropped it until later. I did find it half buried in the sand!

If you have a plastic beach bag this is ideal. It rained on us as we went out and our towels, coverups, sandals etc. got wet.

Be one of the first off, because there was a long line to get off into the water. We had about 10-15 minutes less of snorkeling because we waited "to get in line". This is also another reason to sit near the nets. This is where most people enter the water.

It really was very beautiful. And the ride is very nice.

Have fun!!!

This is the only excursion that I would reccomend so far. It was done first class all the way and I was really impressed. If you have snorkled before, you can go off the steps in the back of the boat. You want to wear your bathing suit underneath your clothes. Also remember to put on a lot a lot a lot of suntan lotion. I burned myself in the weirdest places! Also, remember to take a water camera with. They also sell fish food for one dollar and the fish will eat right out of your hands. The reef they took us out to was wher 2 James Bond movies were made. It was well worth it and you'll enjoy it!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter