CBR or POR?

Answers on this will vary wildly.
Lots of people hate CBR because of their buses, but you'll hear the same complaint about POR. POR is smaller and people love that, but CBR is also right next to Riveria and that gives it a boost.

It is going to come down to your preferences.

CBR: has biggest rooms of any moderate, the Skyliner (access to EPCOT area resorts, plus EPCOT and HS themselves), a zero entry pool with 2 waterslides, a large splash pad for young kids and older young kids, average dining options, lots of resort recreation (beaches, playground, bikes), pirate themed rooms, and good theming.

POR: Good theming, average sized rooms, has access to POFQ so you get to use both pools, recreation activities similar to that of CBR, Disney Springs boat, good theming, royal themed rooms, okay dining, have to take a bus or rideshare to get anywhere, not close to any resorts except POFQ.

Both have beautiful grounds, and if you consider POFQ and POR two resorts combined in terms of enjoying all the amenities, not that big of a size difference between CBR.

My first ever stay onsite was CBR. We had a good room location in Jamaica and we enjoyed the resort. But we found we loved POR better. Beautiful landscaping, we love the food court, boat to DS, love strolling along the river paths, and watching/listening to the carriages go by. Fun evening entertainment, Bob Jackson puts on a great show. So I felt POR had more to offer.
Until......Skyliner! We have an upcoming trip (I Hope) in August, and we booked CBR. I think the Skyliner May be a game changer. We’ll see!
I still plan on going back to POR in August to grab a meal at the food court and see Bob Jackson’s show!

I really like both resorts. My favorite moderate resort was POFQ until I stayed at CBR after the Skyliner was finished. We stayed in Aruba a short walk from the Riviera station and it was incredibly convenient (when the Skyliner was running).

So to start, as I’m sure you’re aware if you have been to Disney world, these are both motel style. Personally I enjoy CBR by quite a bit. When I went to POR we were in the Alligator Bayou section, the rooms were very dark and unwelcoming. I would say the photos on Disney’s website are misleading. I had several problems with housekeeping as we asked for new sheets to be delivered, because the current ones had a large stain on them, it took housekeeping nearly 2 hours to do so. Finally boatrights the main restaurant is widely considered to be subpar and overpriced. I will say the grounds can be quite relaxing with all of the trees, but for me the rooms and service are extremely lacking. If possible I would recommend the French Quarter over both CBR and POR. It has a much more condensed layout, so it’s not nearly as time consuming to get from point A to B, and I very much enjoy the rooms. I have so much to talk about with all 3 of these resorts but this comment is already super long, so I’m gonna cut it here. Hope this helps!!

CBR because the Skyliner is a game changer for getting you to Epcot and HS. CBR has good sized rooms and just went through a big refurbishment. Both are expansive Resorts that have their own + and -, however we found the Skyliner as the decider and it was.

POR. I think it has better food options, and I love having the boat to Disney Springs. POR is big, but CBR is too big.

The skyliner is what is make us consider CBR, actually. We’ve stayed at POR and think it’s beautiful but thought if we choose CBR, we would get to experience a different resort AND get to take advantage of skyliner

Have not stayed at CBR since their recent remodel. Didn't care for the buses, the resort loop was too big. You can be along distance from the food court.
POR is still big, but divided into 2 halves with more food options.
Enjoyed POR more.

I stayed at CBR last Summer (post remodel, preskyliner) and POR the summer before. I tentatively booked a trip for this Summer (not sure if it will happen with the pandemic) and chose CBR. I think the skyliner will make it hard to beat as far as mods go. They are both beautiful resorts and I do like the food court better at POR (more choices) but the skyliner will also make it easy to get to Pop and AoA to eat. Plus, Riviera is open now so their restaurants are also convenient to CBR.

The last time we stayed at CBR was in 2012, before the refurb, Skyliner, and bus changes. We did not care for it at the time. However, we had a trip booked there at the end of this month that we had to cancel, but we had high expectations for it. Everything we disliked about our 2012 stay seems to have been addressed - front desk/check in now centralized at the resort, buses servicing only 4 stops during peak times, and the addition of the Skyliner is icing on the cake. We stayed at AOA last year and the Skyliner was a game changer for us, so now I can’t imagine not staying on the Skyliner.

We have stayed at POR three times. Theme is personal preference, but POR appeals to me a little more. It feels smaller than CBR and the layout makes it easier to get around. You can also use the pool and amenities at POFQ. The boat to Disney Springs is a nice option to have, though it’s not much faster than the bus. We also think POR has the best food court on property. I find the main pool at POR leaves a bit to be desired, but I’d say the same about CBR. POR is also a quick ride to MK, if you plan to spend most of your time there. CBR is more centrally located, but that means a slightly longer ride to MK too.

They both have pros and cons for me. I don’t think you can go wrong with either, but the Skyliner would push me in favor of CBR.

Two years ago I'd have definitely said POR, however with all the renos to CBR and the skyliner, I think I'd say there!

We have stayed at both, but I have to say if I were to choose between them, it is definitely POR. Just felt more comfortable and private to me. Our room at CBR was on a main walkway, but it just seemed louder and busier then POR felt, and I know that POR was full when we were there.

I have stayed at CBR at least 4 times and POR 1 time so there's my answer! We stayed at POR for the trundle bed as we had 3 large adults and a child. My niece refused to sleep in the trundle bed as it was basically a piece of foam on wood. I know the new murphy beds are much nicer. POR is the only resort where I have ever had a problem with bugs biting me in 10+ trips almost all at the same time of year. There was some type of bug that would attack me at the bus stop every day. The bites and itching lasted for several weeks after I got home. With all of the plants and greenery the air seemed "heavier" to me. Those of us with asthma ended up using inhalers more frequently than usual. I could have been allergic to some of the plants there I guess.I have never had those issues at CBR.

I have stayed at CBR at least 4 times and POR 1 time so there's my answer! We stayed at POR for the trundle bed as we had 3 large adults and a child. My niece refused to sleep in the trundle bed as it was basically a piece of foam on wood. I know the new murphy beds are much nicer. POR is the only resort where I have ever had a problem with bugs biting me in 10+ trips almost all at the same time of year. There was some type of bug that would attack me at the bus stop every day. The bites and itching lasted for several weeks after I got home. With all of the plants and greenery the air seemed "heavier" to me. Those of us with asthma ended up using inhalers more frequently than usual. I could have been allergic to some of the plants there I guess.I have never had those issues at CBR.

I'm wondering what it may have been as my asthma has never bothered me at POR. And I'm pretty much the reverse of you, 1 stay at CBR and 5 at POR.

Oh, and CBR is the only resort where I had roaches (yes roaches, not palmetto bugs) in my room. Well, in the fridge. I called down and they were not surprised at all. They asked me if I was in a ground floor room (yes) and sent someone to spray while we were in the parks.

So to start, as I’m sure you’re aware if you have been to Disney world, these are both motel style. Personally I enjoy CBR by quite a bit. When I went to POR we were in the Alligator Bayou section, the rooms were very dark and unwelcoming. I would say the photos on Disney’s website are misleading. I had several problems with housekeeping as we asked for new sheets to be delivered, because the current ones had a large stain on them, it took housekeeping nearly 2 hours to do so. Finally boatrights the main restaurant is widely considered to be subpar and overpriced. I will say the grounds can be quite relaxing with all of the trees, but for me the rooms and service are extremely lacking. If possible I would recommend the French Quarter over both CBR and POR. It has a much more condensed layout, so it’s not nearly as time consuming to get from point A to B, and I very much enjoy the rooms. I have so much to talk about with all 3 of these resorts but this comment is already super long, so I’m gonna cut it here. Hope this helps!!
You’d probably enjoy the mansion rooms better, they are similar to Pofq. Our last stay we had a meal at Boatwrights and it was quite good. It USED to have a bad rep, but they’ve improved considerably.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter