CDN tickets question

bgula

DIS Veteran
We're AP holders and are heading to WDW over the Christmas holidays. We have a guest that's joining us partway thru and want to get her a CDN discount ticket. I'd like to have the ticket in hand and match up the FP's before she gets there, but I'm not sure how to do it. Talked to a CM on the phone and they said that no name is attached to the ticket, so I could produce a passport in order to claim the ticket. However, upon thinking about it, I still don't think this would work as the ticket would have to be added to our account and therefore have her name attached to it. So, this would mean that only she could claim the ticket and have to produce a passport to prove that she's Canadian. Is this correct?
Does anyone know of a way to have all this done BEFORE she arrives in order to save time?

Also, do I have to purchase a CDN ticket prior to going to WDW, or can I purchase one at the gate?

We're AP holders and are heading to WDW over the Christmas holidays. We have a guest that's joining us partway thru and want to get her a CDN discount ticket. I'd like to have the ticket in hand and match up the FP's before she gets there, but I'm not sure how to do it. Talked to a CM on the phone and they said that no name is attached to the ticket, so I could produce a passport in order to claim the ticket. However, upon thinking about it, I still don't think this would work as the ticket would have to be added to our account and therefore have her name attached to it. So, this would mean that only she could claim the ticket and have to produce a passport to prove that she's Canadian. Is this correct?
Does anyone know of a way to have all this done BEFORE she arrives in order to save time?

Also, do I have to purchase a CDN ticket prior to going to WDW, or can I purchase one at the gate?
Unless the ticket is attached to someone's profile you won't be able to get FP for it so you'll need to do that ASAP. Yes, she will need to show her passport to use the ticket to enter a park. There isn't a work aorund for this process that will allow you to do it before she gets there but it really doesn't take that long. AND finally, no, the CDN tickets are not available at the gate.

Unless the ticket is attached to someone's profile you won't be able to get FP for it so you'll need to do that ASAP. Yes, she will need to show her passport to use the ticket to enter a park. There isn't a work aorund for this process that will allow you to do it before she gets there but it really doesn't take that long. AND finally, no, the CDN tickets are not available at the gate.

Thanks for the info. My biggest "worry" was trying to save time not having to match up the FP's with GR when she got there. I wanted to do it beforehand. Guess that won't work. So, she needs a passport every time she wants to enter the park with the ticket? I would think that once it's matched up with her, that should be enough.

Thanks for the info. My biggest "worry" was trying to save time not having to match up the FP's with GR when she got there. I wanted to do it beforehand. Guess that won't work. So, she needs a passport every time she wants to enter the park with the ticket? I would think that once it's matched up with her, that should be enough.
I think you don't quite understand what i was *trying* to say!
  1. Get ticket for your friend and attach it to her profile in your MDE
  2. Make all of your FP now for everyone including your friend-- it doesn't matter if the ticket has been validated or not
  3. The first time your friend enters a park she will need to show her passport to confirm that she's CDN (can do it before hand at any guest service) after that she will be able to go in same as anyone else, one time proof only.

I think you don't quite understand what i was *trying* to say!
  1. Get ticket for your friend and attach it to her profile in your MDE
  2. Make all of your FP now for everyone including your friend-- it doesn't matter if the ticket has been validated or not
  3. The first time your friend enters a park she will need to show her passport to confirm that she's CDN (can do it before hand at any guest service) after that she will be able to go in same as anyone else, one time proof only.

I've done all of our FP a month-and-a-half ago, so I need GS to match up FP for her once she gets there. I just wanted to do this earlier. If I link her ticket to my account, I may just be able to get them to do that, and then when she gets there, she can just flash her CDN passport. Worth a try...

Once you have the ticket in profile in MDE, you can manipulate FPS (assuming they are still available for the attraction).

The details on the disney site state Canadians save 25% "When purchased in advance online or over the phone", so I'm guessing no, you can't purchase at the gate.

So you should purchase asap and link the ticket code into MDE to make your friend's FPs now.

I've done all of our FP a month-and-a-half ago, so I need GS to match up FP for her once she gets there. I just wanted to do this earlier. If I link her ticket to my account, I may just be able to get them to do that, and then when she gets there, she can just flash her CDN passport. Worth a try...
I assume "GS" is Guest Services? If so, i don't know why you want to get them involved? If she is in fact joining you, and it sounds like it is a done deal you just need to do the following:
  1. Either create a new profile for her on your MDE account or link her existing one to your account
  2. Purchase her ticket online and attach it to her profile
  3. Go into your current FP+ selections and simply add her to your party.
If you're worried about messing up your current selections you can take some time and try it with your account on different days. You said you have AP yourselves, correct? If so, go ahead and make a bunch of FP+ for any point in the future that your passes will allow you (within a 30 day time frame you don't need a reservation) for only a couple in your family group. Go back in and one one of your FP+ click on View Details and then Change party
upload_2017-12-12_10-40-56.png
It will then show you your entire Friend & Family list and you can just add her in, it will ask you to confirm and boom she'll be added in. There were times when we found this wouldn't work but we would be able to make a FP+ for one person that overlapped our times and we just went into the attraction at the same time.
***After you do this make sure to go in and delete those FP so someone else who will actually be in the park can have them!

We use GS to match up the FP. Say I've booked FoP for us over Xmas. If I add our guest onto my account, there's no chance right now to get FoP for her as a FP. I have GS do that for me. We do it all the time when our AP's expire (3 of us are in Dec. and 1 is in August) and there's only 1 or 2 of us with active AP's. We book FP with those active AP's and then when we renew at the park, we have GS match up the FP selections. Hope this answers your question.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter