• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Celebrating Jack's 21st birthday Disney style! ~ update 08/22

Oh, man. I can't even imagine how challenging that must be!
You know, we are kind of getting into a groove. We just finished our 4th week and will be online for another 2. Hopefully we will back in the school by mid February but it all depends on what case numbers are like.
Yussss... Found money is the best.
It really is! I also found some American cash that I had tucked away....not much, just about $65 but enough for some fun pool drinks!
Very pretty!
Thank you! I love those dresses. I may have just bought two more....if I can't travel I have to have Disney in my life somehow, right?????
:laughing: You weren't kidding about loud!
They are so obnoxious but fun!
Those are so cool. :)
I was wearing them the other day and every time I looked down at my feet, I smiled. It's the little things. :)
Wonderful! I must admit that while I own both cross-country skis and snowshoes... they have not seen the outdoors in a very long time.
Dig them out! I am sure you guys have lots of snow in the 'Peg!

You know, we are kind of getting into a groove. We just finished our 4th week and will be online for another 2. Hopefully we will back in the school by mid February but it all depends on what case numbers are like.
Well, your caseload is less than half of what it was at the beginning of the year, so that's good!
It really is! I also found some American cash that I had tucked away....not much, just about $65 but enough for some fun pool drinks!
I always stuff my leftover US cash in a safe spot until the next trip. And I always forget what's in there. So when I do go, it's always a nice "surprise".
Thank you! I love those dresses. I may have just bought two more....
:thumbsup2
if I can't travel I have to have Disney in my life somehow, right?????
::yes::
I was wearing them the other day and every time I looked down at my feet, I smiled. It's the little things. :)
:laughing: Good!
Dig them out! I am sure you guys have lots of snow in the 'Peg!
Actually, not that much this year. Which is fine by me. I'm not the biggest fan of shoveling.
But yes... I need to do that. I have a bit of time off coming up in a couple weeks, so maybe then??

Woo a forgotten $200 gift card is awesome. I love all your purchases. I have to check that other site out!

Woo a forgotten $200 gift card is awesome. I love all your purchases. I have to check that other site out!
Fun Disney shopping helps keep the no travel blues away. :) I wonder if you have left yet for your trip? I hope you guys have an amazing time!

Look at you go with all those new goodies!! WOWZA! So much fun stuff to look forward to wearing. $200 is nothing to sneeze at for sure! I really hope the border opens up very soon for you all to begin to travel again. :(

Look at you go with all those new goodies!! WOWZA! So much fun stuff to look forward to wearing. $200 is nothing to sneeze at for sure! I really hope the border opens up very soon for you all to begin to travel again. :(
Thanks Liesa! I've done some shopping since too.......a few little Disney treats to keep my spirits up. Our situation is getting a bit better.....just came out of our second hard lockdown that was almost 8 weeks. We were back in class as of last Wednesday and I will take in person over online any day. It's great to be with our littles again. :)

Thanks Liesa! I've done some shopping since too.......a few little Disney treats to keep my spirits up. Our situation is getting a bit better.....just came out of our second hard lockdown that was almost 8 weeks. We were back in class as of last Wednesday and I will take in person over online any day. It's great to be with our littles again. :)
This is HUGE good news!! Our worst restrictions were also lifted on Friday so we're back to being able to go to indoor dining.

Long overdue update.....

Hello friends! I have not been updating as I am still so uncertain as to whether this trip will happen or not. But I have to believe that some kind of normal life will resume and our border will reopen so I can go to my place of happiness. Right??

A few weeks ago my DH and I popped into Newmarket (our closest "big" town). I hadn't been in town in almost 4 months and it was fun to browse at Winners, Homesense and of course, our Disney Store at our local mall! Bill saw me admiring a cute cat themed Loungefly bag and asked if I would like it as a treat. Well, there is only one answer to that question!
IMG_8080.jpeg
It is a perfect match for my cats dress so of course I had to style it for this bag. I will definitely be packing this outfit for our December trip!
IMG_8088.jpeg
At Christmas, my lovely sister in law gave me this fabulous book by Kevin Rafferty. It is a really great read and so interesting to learn his story. Highly recommended!
IMG_8089.jpeg
My monthly treat is my awesome subscription box from the Magic Candle Company. It is $27.95/month and you don't know what scent you will receive. So far I have got Yacht Resort (same scent as the Grand Floridian, Beach Club and the Contemporary), Norway and now the Polynesian. I have it sent to my US shipping address, then they forward it to me. It's so nice to have this little bit of Disney arrive. :)
IMG_8102.jpeg
We continue to spend time at the fishing club that we joined last year. It has been a lifesaver for us with hiking, swimming, camping and of course fishing available. The restaurant reopened for take out on St Patty's and we just heard they are opening the dining room Easter weekend. So that is something really lovely to look forward to.

IMG_8120.jpegIMG_8122.jpeg
It was a beautiful day with highs of about 16 C which felt fabulous. Spring is definitely in the air!

The other exciting happening is that my twin boys turned 19 (now officially legal drinking age here in Ontario). It's their second pandemic birthday so no friends could come over. Jack came home from university to celebrate his brothers' birthday and it was nice to have all the boys in the house again. I can't believe they are 19....where did the years go??
IMG_8135.jpeg
I hope you are all doing well and staying safe. If you have been lucky enough to go to Disney this year, then I am happy for you but also jealous, lol! If you are like me and are Disney dreaming, may our dreams come true sooner than later.

I have not been updating as I am still so uncertain as to whether this trip will happen or not.
Totally understandable.
But I have to believe that some kind of normal life will resume and our border will reopen so I can go to my place of happiness. Right??
Oh, Lord. I sure hope so.
Bill saw me admiring a cute cat themed Loungefly bag and asked if I would like it as a treat. Well, there is only one answer to that question!
::yes::
IMG_8088.jpeg
Very nice! :)
At Christmas, my lovely sister in law gave me this fabulous book by Kevin Rafferty. It is a really great read and so interesting to learn his story. Highly recommended!
IMG_8089.jpeg
Thanks for the tip. :)
The other exciting happening is that my twin boys turned 19 (now officially legal drinking age here in Ontario).
Happy birthday to the boys! :cake::cake:

Oh, Lord. I sure hope so.
Me too! I have heard rumours of a possibly reopening by July but who knows. :confused3
Thanks for the tip. :)
You are very welcome, I think you would enjoy it!
Happy birthday to the boys! :cake::cake:
Thanks! It's crazy how fast they grow up! All three will be in college/university this fall and we will be empty nesters! Although I am sure one or more will boomerang back for a bit.

Me too! I have heard rumours of a possibly reopening by July but who knows. :confused3
I have my doubts. Vaccines are behind. They were saying majority by June, but now it's back to September again.
Thanks! It's crazy how fast they grow up! All three will be in college/university this fall and we will be empty nesters! Although I am sure one or more will boomerang back for a bit.
Oh, man. How I get that. My oldest DD just finished her 2nd degree and is now teaching. Youngest DD is 20.... 20!! How is that even possible???

Oh, man. How I get that. My oldest DD just finished her 2nd degree and is now teaching. Youngest DD is 20.... 20!! How is that even possible???
Time never goes as fast as when you are raising children! How is your oldest daughter doing with her class? I hope everything is going well for her!

It's vaccination day!!

Last week I was home from school with Covid symptoms and feeling pretty freaked out. I went for a test Thursday afternoon and got my results Saturday morning ~ negative! Phew! At the same time I was busy registering at multiple pharmacies for my Covid vaccine (Ontario has opened up the AstraZeneca vaccine to those from 55-64). As I turn 55 in June I was eligible and was so happy to sign up. Then Saturday afternoon I got a text back from one of the pharmacies and was able to book my vaccine for Monday afternoon! So I went and got my first shot and have have had a strong immune response to the vaccine!! Yay! One step closer to normality!

Last week I was home from school with Covid symptoms and feeling pretty freaked out. I went for a test Thursday afternoon and got my results Saturday morning ~ negative! Phew!
Phew!
Ontario has opened up the AstraZeneca vaccine to those from 55-64
Nice. Here it's still 64 and up.

Waiting................
So I went and got my first shot and have have had a strong immune response to the vaccine!! Yay! One step closer to normality!
Good for you!

I love all your cool Disney finds, love the dresses and the Marie backpack, so cute!
Thanks for telling me about Ambrie I bought some really cute items, I hope they arrive soon! I will take some pictures when they come!
I feel like I will have quarantine legs at Disney! I have been walking and exercising some but no where near my level pre pandemic yikes!

Nice. Here it's still 64 and up.

Waiting................
Even for AstraZeneca? I am surprised Manitoba is progressing so slowly. Although the whole vaccine rollout here in Canada has been a mess!
I love all your cool Disney finds, love the dresses and the Marie backpack, so cute!
Thanks for telling me about Ambrie I bought some really cute items, I hope they arrive soon! I will take some pictures when they come!
I feel like I will have quarantine legs at Disney! I have been walking and exercising some but no where near my level pre pandemic yikes!
Thank you! Disney treats help beat the quarantine blues! I started a Magic Candle Company subscription box a few months ago and have really been enjoying that as well. I can't wait to see what you bought! They have so many cute things. :)

I need to get back on track with exercise....I have been enjoying too many treats. We are back in province wide stay at home order although schools are still open! Vaccine rollout is slow and variant cases are taking over. I am feeling worried but thankful Bill and I got our first shots.

Even for AstraZeneca? I am surprised Manitoba is progressing so slowly. Although the whole vaccine rollout here in Canada has been a mess!
Yup. I think we're one of the slowest provinces. Down to 60 now... still waiting.

Happy Birthday to your boys! 19 is the drinking age up there?? My DS could be legal right now! 😱

And congratulations on your vaccine! What’s taking them so long up there? My kids have already gotten their first shots. Come on, Northern neighbors, get it together!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter