• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

Celebrity sightings at WDW Resorts...

Janet2k

DIS Veteran
I had a WDW Resorts “celebrity” sighting thread going on at the old Dis boards. It would be fun to get it going again. I’ll start with my very first WDW Resort celebrity sighting…

A few years ago we checked into the GF late one evening. As soon as we got to our room, we put our swimsuits on and went out to the pool for an evening swim. It probably was around 9:00 or 9:30 PM. While floating in the water, I saw one of the GF golf carts drive by that contained some resort guests. The cart stopped in front of Boca Chica (or maybe it was Big Pine Key). I glanced at the guests and noticed that the big, blonde guy in the back of the cart had a bandana on his head. I said to my husband, “Did you see who that was?” And he said, no. I said it was Terry “Hulk” Hogan. At that point Hulk disappeared into the building and my husband didn’t get the chance to catch a glimpse of him. My husband asked me how I knew it was the Hulk and I said, “Come on. How many huge guys with long, blonde hair do you know that wear a bandana upon their head?” My husband laughed and said that I had to be correct because he didn’t know anyone who fit that description except for the Hulk. If I remember correctly, Hulk was filming a television series at WDW called “Thunder in Paradise.” (I didn’t know about the television series until after my WDW visit.)

In 1999, I met Donny Osmond at the World of Disney in June. Ironically, the next year exactly to the day, I met Marie Osmond on the Disney Magic. All my friends had bets as to which Osmond I would see this year, but much to my disappoinment, we did not have any Osmond sightings last week. By the way, they both were extremely nice and posed for pictures with me.

Sue:jester:

A few years ago when we visited, Princess Diana and the two princes were there, we had to wait in line while they were ushered into splash mountain, but what a neat experience seeing them!

My uncle saw Regis Philbin in the GF Spa and actually gave him a robe! I guess he was there to promote the opening of the new Millionaire - Play It!

One year John Ritter and family was sitting next to us at the Prime Time Cafe and another year we saw Jane Seymour on the Great Movie Ride. She (and her family) was coming in the exit as we were leaving and I almost knocked her down- she is really tiny. We saw them again at the HoopDeDo Revue. We've seen the cast of Home Improvement. Two years ago we were at MGM for the Grand Opening of the Rockin Roller Coaster so we saw Aero Smith and people from MTV (my DS had to tell me who the MTV people were) MTV was staying at the YC while we were staying at the BC. Aero Smith was staying at the Boardwalk but we didn't see them there. I think it's great to see celebrities.

We saw Muhamad Ali at the Board Walk Hotel two years ago. He is such a big man. And he still worked the crowd. He stopped took pictures with a group of students from other countries. I was amazed that he was so recognized by people who were not even born when he was fighting. And were from many different countries.
Physically he seemed like he moved better than when I've seen him on T.V. WHen I was a little girl I loved to watch boxing with my Dad. So this was a great treat.

A few years ago --actually 10 - my now 19yo dd were at MK and the closed down mainstreet early --- Michael Jackson wanted to shop. He was staying at the GF. We caught a glimpse of him with all his bodyguards 2 times. A CM told us he was shopping for Peter Pan things.

I saw Aerosmith at the Beach Club approx. 2 yrs. ago (October). They were hanging by the pool with their kids - I actually felt sorry for them - people think nothing of REALLY imposing on them - snapping pictures - shoving the kids out of the way to get their own kids in a picture - it was like they had to be constantly ready to pack up and leave in a hurry.

Princess Di and her boys at Cinderellas Table in the castle. Couldnt figure why they would get a kick out of being addressed as 'young prince'.

We stayed in the main building concierge at th GF in 1998.
One morning I went to the concierge level to get breakfast. I picked up a coffee cup and started towards the coffee pot. I could see someone out of the corner of my eye, so I stopped and said go ahead. When he said thank you I noticed that it was Wayne gretzky! Right after that his son was sticking his fingers in the donuts because he wanted to see what was inside. His wife started yelling to him to grab the little guy. I thought to myself, just another family on vacation. Don't we all have those kind of problems at times.
Also later that day we passed by Drew Carey in the lobby. He was sitting at one of the sofas reading a book.

we had breakfast next to rob benson, and his ds, last xmas in the bc concierge. tried explaining to our dd,who was 5 at the time , that that was the beast, from beauty and the beast!
also rode in the elevator with levar burton. same trip.. the celebs who narrate the candlelight processional at epcot, stayat the bc concierge, i guess.

When I was a kid I saw Gary Coleman(Arnold from Different Strokes) in the arcade at the Contemporary.

Great thread...

About eight years ago, we spotted Monty Hall @ GF or the Poly. Two years later we met the rock group KISS @ BC. The next year we saw and spoke with Pierce Brosnan @ YC. We've also crossed paths w/ Wayne Newton in the phone area at the BWI. Lauren Hutton @ MK. Also, worked out next to Michael Eisner at the BWV (during an ABC convention). Now we expect to see a celeb or two .... but we usually keep our distance ( don't want their heads to be bigger than they are) except for the rock group KISS. When I saw then, it was like I was 13 again. I asked for all their autographs, took photos w/ them. They even gave my DW and I tickets to go see them and others perform for "Dick Clarks' Rocking New Year Special".

Chuck:bounce:

Have never seen a "huge" celebrity at WDW, but a few years ago when we were staying at the BC, Lee Ann Rimes filmed a TV special on the beach there, and all resort guests were invited to watch. We were very close - she has an awesome voice! This was soon after she became famous.

About 5 years ago we saw the stars of "Step by Step"
(Suzanne Summers, Patrick Duffy, etc.) filming their show at the MK. The had their own Jungle Cruise boat and were taping a scene. We saw them several times during the day- they were heavily guarded by lots of security and their crew.

Just last Thursday we saw Kenny Rogers at the AKL. At first I didn't recognize him, but then all kinds of people came up to him and asked him for pictures and autographs. He didn't look like he minded at all, he actually looked like he was enjoying himself.

I missed her but my DH saw and spoke with Kelly Ripa (Regis and Kelly) during our stay at AKL last month. He said she was nice, very pregnant, and had her little boy with her.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter