Character ADR early morning bus

LoveToT

Earning My Ears
Hi everyone -

Need some help in planning. We have a ADR at the Poly for 7:35 a.m. We're staying at CBR and trying to figure out how to get there. I have found out that the monorail starts running at 7 a.m. - so now I just need to find out how to get to MK.

I know busses start running an hour before the parks open, but MK opens at 9 a.m. this day. I have read something about an early morning bus coming to the resort specifically for those of us who have early character ADRs. Can someone tell me more?

TIA!!

I'm not sure what the popular answer to this question is any more, but in the past I did hear a lot about a "character bus" that picks people up for early ADRs. It's a myth. We've asked several CMs in bell services and concierge how to get to an early ADR and if this early bus exists and it doesn't. However, we were surprised at how many buses are running at the butt crack of dawn.

When trying to get from WL to AK we saw several MK buses. We eventually asked one of the bus drivers if he would help us find out when an AK bus would be there. He radioed and told us an estimate.

I'm sure you'll also get a "take a taxi" suggestion, which is always on the table if you're willing to pay.

We had the same thing happen to us in March. We had a very early breakfast for Cape May Cafe at BC. When we asked about how to get there that early they told us to wait for a bus that was going to DHS, once that bus comes, we were to ask the bus driver if he could take us to BC. We did this and he took us there with no problems (he did have to turn around in DHS to reset his GPS), but we were able to get to BC with a 1/2 hour to spare, in fact we were able to get seated earlier than our ADR :goodvibes. We were coming from POFQ and were at the bus stop around 6:50amish. Hope this helps.

Yup - same thing happened to us at CBR last August. We were told there was an early bus that picked up people for the character breakfasts ........ but when we asked a bus driver (we wanted to go to Epcot, and I think I asked the driver of the first bus that came around) about this, he sort of laughed and said there WAS no early character meal bus!

We had a 9:05 breakfast at Akershus and got there in time - but it was more of a forced trot through Epcot than the leisurely walk we had anticipated.

We rented a car when we stayed at CBR it was much easier than waiting for the bus as I waited one morning for over 1/2 with an almost 3 yr old not fun!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter