Charred Strip Steak gone from Mama Melrose

rlduvall

DIS Veteran
So how long has the charred strip steak been gone from Mama Melrose.? I loved it with the four-cheese macaroni. They are now offering a flat iron steak with fingerling potatoes in its place - doesn't entice me at all. Allearsnet and wdwinfo still show the strip steak, but the official WDW website has the new dish listed instead. Oh well, guess I no longer have to keep trying for the ever elusive Fantasmic Dining Package for 1. :snooty:

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-11-23 at 6.53.28 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2017-11-23 at 6.53.28 PM.png
    137.4 KB · Views: 20
Last edited:
I read on a Facebook group it changed in the last week or so. We ate lunch there 10 days ago but since we were only doing flatbread and salad so I don't know if the change had happened when we were visiting.

Noooooooo!!!!!! This is the third restaurant that has removed one of our favorite meals. We were only planning a handful of restaurants this trip. Goodness!

We were there November 1st and our waitress told us it was going away on the 13th I think. She couldn't believe they were changing it, but said it was an effort to make the menu more streamlined for people with allergies.

We were there November 1st and our waitress told us it was going away on the 13th I think. She couldn't believe they were changing it, but said it was an effort to make the menu more streamlined for people with allergies.

I'm sure the waitress meant well, but I suspect it was an effort to save Disney money. Why would strip steak be more allergy prone than a cheaper cut of flat iron steak? :crazy:

I'm sure the waitress meant well, but I suspect it was an effort to save Disney money. Why would strip steak be more allergy prone than a cheaper cut of flat iron steak? :crazy:

Exactly this - a cheaper steak for the same price (or close anyway). So annoying.

I had this a month ago and it was yummy! I'm not surprised they removed it, I was remember being pretty surprised that the dinner package ranged so widely to include a fairly good-sized steak dinner. The pasta side was good but heaaaavy, I couldn't finish it.

Exactly this - a cheaper steak for the same price (or close anyway). So annoying.
Wholesale price on flatiron vs strip steak is nearly identical. Near me the flatiron retails for $6/lb at Costco and the strip goes for $6.25. Disney is also charging you a dollar less for the dinner that features the flatiron.

And for that dollar less, you get a steak with much better flavor. I would never pay Disney prices for a strip steak. The Kansas City strip at yachtsman that my son ordered was an alright steak, but just alright. If I'd paid diner prices for it I might even say it was a good value. That's the best you can expect from a strip steak, alright and maybe a good value.

If done right the flatiron steak is just a step below the hangar steak in terms of flavor.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter