• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

Chase can cram their Visa and Disney rewards (Version #2)

Sorry to hear of your frustration. I had a issue with Chase years ago. Despite being an excellent customer they wouldn't lower my interest rate. So I switched to another bank. Then they started inundating me with new card offers with lower rates!?!?! :sad2:

I would love to get the Disney Visa but as long as it continues to be associated with CHASE, forget it!

The same thing happened to me TWICE with my Disney Visa. Once when I was shopping at the mall...they told me that "it was out of my usual pattern" and this past May when I bought the tickets to MNSSHP! We bought two sets of tickets on two different days. They put a hold on my account after the first one because it was "out of my usual pattern." No one called me, I never got a letter. I always found out because I would try to use it and it would be declined.

In spite of all of this, I say they can "cram it" because the rewards just aren't worth it. I can use my Discover Card and rack up cash back much faster (because it's a 5% return on certain purchases) and the interest rate is MUCH lower. :sad2:

well Chase struck again. went to Nashville for a business trip...card not approved!!!! I have nothing on my account. called and they have still got some sort of security thing that won't allow me to charge over $500 at a time. What's the point??? and I called two days before i left to make sure it was all set.

It's not just Chase. While I haven't had major issues, I did notice my bank being far more stringent with providing information over the phone (they asked additional questions for me to access my card account). I've also spoken to several people who have had fraud alerts miraculously slapped on their accounts (chase, citi). I'm thinking there are some heavy duty issues going on that we aren't privy to.

I still would have been furious if they did that while I was away on business or even vacation. People are going to go back to paying with cash.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter