Cheap places to eat at DW?

colaz

Earning My Ears
Hello! I am going with a friend to Disneyland (not world...), and we are on a VERY tight budget. Where are some cheap places to eat at Disney World. Also, if we were going to eat one nice meal somewhere, where would you recommend?

I've looked up a few things at mousesavers, but they didn't seem to have much! Any help would be greatly appreciated!

The plan so far is we are going to go for 3-days (2 days at D.L. and 1 at C.A.) from May 3-5th. The plan is to eat in the room in the morning (and maybe a little bit at the hotel...right now looking at Parkview Inn & Suites) and go to the parks until late afternoon, and come back to the room around 1:00 and eat something in the room (get groceries). Then we plan to eat somewhere in the park.

We are still talking, and we might spurlg a couple of times on nicer places, but I need some advice! Anything would be appreciated! Thanks!

I've repeatedly heard good things about Whitewater Snacks at Grand Californian Hotel - Good food, good prices. Technically not in the park, though...

McDonald's...Corner of Ball and Harbor... ;)

I have always thougt that the ESPN zone is pretty reasonable considering how much food you get.

Just pack snacks and drinks that won't spoil - I'm assuming both you and your friend aren't kids, so it's a little easier to figure out what you will want to eat. Maybe something like a PB&J or cheese sandwich, veggie sticks, fruit, crackers, etc.

When you figure the cost of lunch is at least $8-10 (kids' meal is $6, drinks are $2.50) you and your friend can save about $20 each day. Also, it's great to be able to go back to the room (we always stay at BWPPI) but we do that because our kids need a break from all the stimuli. If it were just DH and myself, we'd stay in the parks the whole time - remember that everytime you leave and come back, you have to deal with the security lines (sometimes long) and gate lines (again sometimes long).

Just a thought - save your money at breakfast and lunch, then splurge on dinner! :sunny:

Thank you so much for the help so far! I'm taking notes!

I thought about bring food along before, but how does that work exactly? Just pack a soft cooler in the bag? Is there a cheap place to store stuff (if we were going to)?

The problem is we are having trouble trying to figure out where to get food. We are not going to have a car (and I'm only 22, so renting a car would be expensive). I called the motel, and I was told that some grocery stores were in walking distance (is that true?).

Thanks for the links...I'm going to save those too!

On our last trip I ordered a kids cheeseburger meal at Whitewater snacks and the kids ravioli meal at Pizza port. Kids meals are about $6 and include a drink. At both of those places you can refill your own drink- the cups are small, but no biggie with a refill. The cheeseburger at white water came with a couple strawberries and a bunch of fries- pretty good deal! The ravioli ( I get it with the white sauce) comes with a peice of bread. The meals at Riverbell terrace are large and can easily be shared. The combo meal was $12- it had 3 ribs, bbq leg / thigh peice, cornbread, beans, coleslaw. You wouldnt be stuffed if you shared, but it would be doable. Soup or chili in a bread bowl is also pretty filling, and will run you about $8-9. Oh, and for about $6 you can get a HUGE corndog and chips at the corndog cart at the end of mainstreet. Very good!

On our last trip to DL I was horrified at the prices and food since my last 20 trips have been to WDW. This is my plan for my dd4 on our next trip, I did at WDW this past Sept.

I bought a $1 insulated lunch bag at Wal-Mart, then when we arrived I bought Uncrustables pb&j and froze them. Bought little individual bags of carrots, capri sun/juice boxes, cookies, granola bars, and cheese sticks. I froze the drink boxes also. Each morning I grabbed everything and put it in the insulated bag. The drink and pb&j kept everything cold until lunch time for dd. She LOVED it too, thought she was cool having her own lunch.

The only issue if you have no car is getting the groceries, but I have read that Albertson's delivers to the hotels, and since the first delivery is free, that may be a great option for you. I have also heard there is a close Super Target to the hotels on Harbor, so even taking a cab may be cheaper. I will never pay for kids meals at DL again until my kids are much bigger. Even DH and I didn't eat much there, choosing instead to eat at places like Mimi's Cafe off site.

When we go I usually take an extra suitcase filled with snacks that I purchase over the month prior to the trip. I usually put peanut butter, jelly and microwave popcorn in there as well. Ive even managed to take a loaf of bread! I just wrap in in a brown paper bag for a little protection. This way I dont have to worry about finding a grocery store right away and even if the room doesnt have a microwave there is usually one in the lobby where the breakfast stuff is.

On the way home I use the extra suitcase for all the souveniers.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter