cheapest way to book a Universal vacation??

colemonster

Earning My Ears
I am new to Universal we are typically cruisers. We want to take our 5 year old to Universal and stay at the Portofino Bay Hotel October 16-21. I called Universal directly and got a rate of 1132.00 which includes cheapest accomodations, 5 day bonus pass, and water park pass. This was a promotion for 4th night free. I have no idea if this is a good rate or not. You all with more experiece please advise on what to do!! Thank You!!

It is typically cheaper to book room and tickets seperately but in this instance I think you did okay.

The lowest room only rate I could find at PBH for your dates was $199.00 at Hotelkingdom. That's almost $1,000 before tax just for the room. So $1132 for room and tickets sounds pretty good.

The only thing I would suggest is calling and asking if there are any Entertainment rates available for your dates. It's a long shot as there are no Fan Club or Pass Holder discounts left for that time but it is worth a shot.

Good Luck and Enjoy your trip!

Is that rate per person or total? If it is per person, you should be able to do better booking everything individually yourself.

Room = $995 (based on the HotelKingdom rate, you might be able to get a better rate with an Entertainment/Fan Club card)
5 Day Tix = $267 (3 x $89)
Water Park Pass = $90 (2 Adult + 1 Child, Assuming it is Wet & Wild?)

Total = $1352

We have changed completely to the 2nd weekend in November and managed to get a great entertainment rate of 180 per night in a deluxe room at the PBH. Thanks for the help!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter