Chicagoland DVC contest advertised on radio station website

skylynx

DIS Sponsor in the Rocky Mountains of Colorado
Our local Chicagoland "lite" radio station, WLIT FM, has a DVC getaway contest (open to anyone over 18 in the listening area, whatever that is) advertised on their website and through subscriber emails. The prize is a week in a two bedroom DVC property or Resorts International trade plus airfare and (I really liked this part) cash equivalent to paying the taxes on winning the prize! On the advert, you can click to order the DVC promotional DVD.

Guess they are really warming up the Chicago area for the new DVC Doorway to Dreams store...the mall it's in is local to lots of Chicago area DVCers, and I hope the Doorway to Dreams store will do some special member events to coincide with the opening and perhaps even host future member gatherings. It's less than fifteen minutes from my house, so DH and I and the kids are all looking forward to getting some DVC "fixes" and meeting some other area DVCers there.

The prize is a week in a two bedroom DVC property or Resorts International trade plus airfare and (I really liked this part) cash equivalent to paying the taxes on winning the prize!
The prize is a 7-night DVC stay in a 2BR (or smaller) for up to 4 people and airfare on Southwest (up to $1,600.00 total) for up to 4 people OR a 7-night Interval International stay in a 2BR (or smaller) for up to 4 people and airfare on Southwest (up to $1,600.00 total) for up to 4 people.

For more information and a link to the official contest rules, see http://www.wlit.com/cc-common/globalcontestfinder.html?contest=66283

Thanks for the info! I'll let you guys know if we win! :goodvibes

Me, too! Not sure if SE Wisconsin is officially in their listening area, but I didn't think it hurt to try. I registered and entered, too.

I registered online and entered - maybe since I listened online I am in their listening area - who knows

Open to legal residents physically located and residing in the WLIT listening area.

Nice try kend58, but I think you might be stretching it a bit! :teeth:

Of course, the "listening area" needs defining, as I used to be able to pick up Chicago's WBBM newsradio occasionally at night when I lived in North Carolina! That's AM, of course, but still...some southern Wisconsin areas are the same distance (or closer) mileage-wise as the far south suburbs of Chicago from the mall the Doorway to Dreams store is in. The radio station is downtown, but it isn't specified where the listening area is.

The long version of the rules said this "Participants and winner(s) must be U.S. residents at least 18-years old as determined by the Company and reside in the Station’s Total Survey Area (TSA)." I hunted around their website and on google, and couldn't find a definition of what communities were included in the TSA. Most of the google search responses had to do with the people in the airport that make you take off your shoes.

Of course, the "listening area" needs defining, as I used to be able to pick up Chicago's WBBM newsradio occasionally at night when I lived in North Carolina! That's AM, of course, but still...some southern Wisconsin areas are the same distance (or closer) mileage-wise as the far south suburbs of Chicago from the mall the Doorway to Dreams store is in. The radio station is downtown, but it isn't specified where the listening area is.

The long version of the rules said this "Participants and winner(s) must be U.S. residents at least 18-years old as determined by the Company and reside in the Station’s Total Survey Area (TSA)." I hunted around their website and on google, and couldn't find a definition of what communities were included in the TSA. Most of the google search responses had to do with the people in the airport that make you take off your shoes.

Thats why I threw my hat in the ring and registered I listened to the station online while doing so and they haven't made me clearly ineligible - even though I dont think I am the intended audience I am as I cannot receive them in a conventional over the air broadcast FM out of Chicago is not available here in the greater Houston texas area - I have heard local contests here awarded to internet listeners in Oklahoma and Kansas for "Houston listening area contests" so I'm uncertain what teh rules are or shoudl be.

I do own but not live at property in the Peoria area (old family farm) where I could on a regular over the air basis receive this signal so I can provide an Illinois address just not a reside at affadavit if I win and am asked for that I will have to decline --- wouldn't want the bad karma that would go with lying to get the DVC vacation FWIIW my online registration lists Houston address and phone numbers

Thanks for the heads up! The 15th is our last day of school this year -- I wonder how much luckier I can be than that.
:banana:
Lori

The TSA is usually the DMA in chicgo which is the Designated Market Area. This includes Chicago and the surrounding suburbs. It is actually a pretty large area and can include small parts of Indiana and Wisconsin.

The TSA is usually the DMA in chicgo which is the Designated Market Area. This includes Chicago and the surrounding suburbs. It is actually a pretty large area and can include small parts of Indiana and Wisconsin.

I figure Houston is a stretch oh well I can dream

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter