Childfree Disney fans?

We are going to dinsy my dh and i alnoe in April.... :cool1: I am so excited we are leaving the kids here with dh sister :teeth: .....but now we are thinking of surprising our son who will be 6 with a disney trip for christmas. I am afraid i won't have fun bringing him :confused3 ...he is tall enough to ride most rides excluding the rocking roller coaster but for those who opt to get solo what do you think?

slapwhitey said:
There is no substitute to seeing a young child jump up and down just to hug a character and get tears in there eyes when it's time to leave the park and go back to the hotel.
How about an adult jumping up and down just to hug a character and getting tears in her eyes when it's time to leave the park? I do that all the time! ROTFL :rotfl2:

dscn0878.jpg

My DS is 16 and has no interest in WDW.
So I solved my problem by leaving him home.
All my way for my 3rd trip childfree in May!

Susan in NY

Childfree here but with a cholalate lab, yellow lab and a reverse brindle boxer who are our "babies". lol

The children are now 24 and 20, and I am very proud of the young men they grew up to be. I am also happily divorced, and have been since my sons were very young. After my youngest graduates from college in 2007 I am planning on a trip back to WDW as a reward to myself and I can hardly wait. :woohoo:

We've been kid free for three years and now Disney is so much more enjoyable without dragging rug rats around.
I'm sure when we have grandchildren we'll be dragging them around again.

slapwhitey said:
That being said the few times I have gone with kids was magical. There is no substitute to seeing a young child jump up and down just to hug a character and get tears in there eyes when it's time to leave the park and go back to the hotel.

I totally agree. DH and I are childless (for now), but I LOVE watching kids at WDW and the "maternal instinct" probably kicks in more when I'm there, than any other time.

Don't get me wrong, I've loved every trip that we've taken so far -- it's nice to be able to do what we want when we want without worrying about nap schedules or meltdowns, but I think it's going to be a whole new kind of fun to do it with kids someday.

DH and I are childfree and also DINKs....I am 29 and DH is 30. We haven't experienced WDW with kids, but we LOVe going just the two of us. It might be fun with kiddos, but definitely a different kind of fun. So for now....we are having a blast at WDW just the two of us!!! :teeth:

Can't wait for May for our next trip!!! :mickeyjum :mickeyjum :mickeyjum

heatherfeather24 said:
I totally agree. DH and I are childless (for now), but I LOVE watching kids at WDW and the "maternal instinct" probably kicks in more when I'm there, than any other time.

You know, I think this is so funny. I am the complete opposite. Whenever I go to WDW and watch the kids, my husband and I always laugh and comment we are so glad we aren't going to have any :)

Took kids to WDW for first time in '96 when they were 8 and 10, and every year after that thru 2002. Went without them for first time, Feb. 2005. So nice just sitting back to enjoy the atmosphere at Epcot and not having to entertain. So enjoyable, we skipped watching superbowl, 1st time ever. Went back again in Oct. and Dec. 10 days there in 2005, and we spent every day at Epcot, except for MK one morning. Love listening to BI and OK all afternoon. Or just sitting on a bench, drinking a margarita. When we hear kids crying or complaining, 2 thoughts come to mind: "boy do I miss that" and "more Disney magic", ha, ha. Going back in Oct. 2006 for F&W, and letting our college students join us in Jan 2007. Nothing quite like "Adult Disney".

My husband and I just got back from WDW a few days ago and he totally confuses me. Yes, we are currently childless and I am leaning towards keeping it that way; there certainaly won't be any biological children ( I'm a chicken ). While at WDW we saw tons of parents stressed out and fighting because the kids were cranky, it was crowded, strollers are a huge pain in the butt, kids are throwing tantrums, etc . . . and we both commented on how nice it was for us to take our time, not have to rush anywhere, not have to carry children, etc . . we even were held hostage on a boat by a screaming child and he commented himself about getting a headache. So here's the confusing part, when I said to him at that very moment, "and you want one of those", he still said "yes, I do". I don't get it. I mean some kids are cute and I definitely interact more with them when at WDW than anywhere else on the planet; I smile and play with babies etc . . . but that doesn't make me want to go home with one. I am totally happy being the "kids in our family" ourselves. Besides, we have 6 dogs, they are the best "kids"!!

DINKS here. My DH and I have been married for 30 years. Never regreted not having children. My job is to save children so it evens out. Have 4 horses, 1 dog, 2 cats. Those are my kids, furry. Love going to WDW and watching all the parents having problems. :rotfl2: Can enjoy someone elses children and then I can move on. Cant beat it.

:thumbsup2

Another childless person here! I'm never-married, and kids make me kind of nervous, truthfully. I only parent assorted critters. That said, I adore my two godsons. Maybe someday I'll get to accompany them to WDW.

My mother and I are visiting WDW in April (for a convention)--we're both first-timers. I admit I was a bit hesitant, seeing as how I have always thought of it as being for kids and families. It's nice seeing how many adults enjoy it on their own. You've all got me looking forward to the trip!

My DH and I have no kids. But do have one too smart for his own good, person like dog!

I'm 34 & DH is 35 we want children but have not been blessed with them. So our two dogs are "our boys" We're DVC members and love Disney!

Hubby and I are going in October! Anyone else going? No kids or pets! (not that I don't want any pets...just not home enough to make it worth the pet's while.)

My DH and I are married 15 years this summer and are child free by choice.
We love Disney!!! It's totally our favorite place to vacation. I have to admit we do love watching the kids at WDW get so excited about everything but we still agree all these years later that we are just not parenting material. We love to have our quiet times and our ability to focus on educational advancement. Of course I am enough kid for both of us since I drag us to Character meals, wear princess crowns and generally run around the park acting like a 6 year old.... :rotfl2:

Child free but with a cat and a pal mickey. Gee, this thread was started in 2003?! I have forgotten if I had replied before and am too lazy to plow through it without coffee. So, here is me - homeowner, taxpayer, cat & dog lover - no kids in this lifetime.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter