Children's meals on DDP

KatelynnsAuntie

<font color=teal>We always bring in bottles of wat
Okay so I know that the dining plan for adults includes appetizer and dessert, but do the kid's meals include dessert too? For example say I want to eat at Coral Reef, would one of the kid's desserts be included for my child on the DDP? TIA! :wave2:

We just got back from Disney and used the DDP. When you use a counter or table service it does include dessert for everyone. Now, at a counter service it was applesauce (at least at Pecos Bill) and at the table service it was a scoop of ice cream for the kids.

hth,
Becki

A lot of places don't have a different dessert menu for kids, so they can have the same desserts as the adults. At CS places, my daughter got chocolate cake, carrot cake, cheesecake, cannoli, churros and frozen lemonade. At all the TS restaurants we ate at she got the same desserts as the adults except for Le Cellier. There she got the chocolat moose- too cute. It's shaped like a moose head with cookie antlers and a raspberry nose. So, yes, it does include a dessert for kids (but not an appetizer).

Some of the TS restaurants have apps and deserts on the kids menus so you would get both. At the Concourse Steakhouse my DD got an appetizer and a dessert from the kids menu.

We too found that my DD6 could order off the regular dessert menu at TS if there wasn't a specific kid's dessert. At Kona she got the Kiddie Kone (which is very impressive-she only ate a little of it but hey, we didn't pay extra for it so no problem :rotfl2: ) Since all the desserts are the same price I think she could have gotten any one of them. At Prime Time she got hte build your own sundae which she really enjoyed. As far as CS goes, I don't remember having to get applesauce-mostly we got those little self-contained cakes which, IMHO, are just o.k.

quick question...I have DDP for myself, my husband, and my 10 year old daughter. What happens with the 2 year old? Do I have to pay cash for her meals??? How does that work.

Your 2yr old is free at buffets and family style dinners. If you order her/him a kids meal at a sit down you have to pay for that or She/he can share with you. And if you order a meal at a counter service you pay for that also. HTH

We were in WDW last month and our 13 month old granddaughter came during this trip. We paid OOP for all of her meals. We ordered her meals from the kids menu at eat meal. She's a big eater and eating off of others plates just was not an option. Had we done buffets, she could've eaten for free, but we don't do buffets when doing the dining plan.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter